Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Calling... Well, actors and... People with spare time  (Read 2017 times)

Calling... Well, actors and... People with spar...
« on: May 07, 2008, 12:23:55 pm »
  • Taste the soup of my brain!
I'm taking a break from game design to work on my other hobby: film-making.

Basically, what I'm looking for is anyone with a camera, webcam, or any other object they can use to record themselves, because I need actors.  Badly.
I am also looking for people I can spend some time chatting with and collaborating with on jokes.  That's the more important of the two.  Someone to collaborate with on jokes.

Anyway, I suppose I should explain the idea for the show.  Basically, it is a show about a team of game developers.  The thing is, though, that very little actual development happens (or is shown, at least), and instead the show will lend itself to jokes, random ramblings, philosophical debates, and other such interesting tidbits of dialog.  Oh, and outrageous props.  For example, I have a giant candy-cane made of plastic tubing.  (Granted, a giant candy cane isn't the best and most wacky of props...  But that's what thrift stores are for, right?)
Anyway, it's about a team of game developers.  Most of the developers don't live anywhere near eachother, though, so all/almost all of their discourse takes place through the internet, through the use of webcam and/or chat software.

I would like the dev team to consist of around 8 or 9 people, with 3 or 4 different members appearing each episode.

In the end, a game might or might not get made.  Who knows?

But the show's background is really just a setup for providing comedy, jokes, and fun for the viewer.  Because that's all a comedy show's plot is.  A springboard for characters and jokes.

Each episode would last between 2 and 5 minutes each, closer to two hopefully.

I would do all the editing and production, and all you would have to do as an actor would be to say the lines while filming yourself.  5 minutes tops.  Also, you get complete creative control over your character.  That is to say that you can design your character if you would like.

And as for collaborating...  All that really requires is chatting for a little while.  Yeah, simple.

If you're interested in the project, please reply and/or PM me.  All help is appreciated.  If you want to do something else that's not related to the acting or collaborating...  PM or reply as well.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 02:04:17 pm by trelantana »
She'll pull out your feathers for her brand new hat and when she's done that she'll feed you to her cat.
People you love will turn their backs on you.  You'll lose your hair, your teeth. Your knife will fall of its sheath, but you still don't like to leave until the end of the movie.
If I threw my guitar out the window, so far down, would I start to regret it?  Or would I smile and watch it slowly fall?
Re: Calling... Well, actors and... People with ...
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 12:37:39 pm »
Film-making > Game Design.

I would love to be a part of this, although I wish you'd asked about this next year. I have to say though, the way you're currently organizing it, seems like it would make it difficult to make the whole thing feel coherent. You might have already thought about that but it's just something I've noticed.

But yeah, as I said, I would love to be a part of this, but only in a writing capacity, as I don't have my own camera (I am working on that however, and I plan on getting one later this year, at which point I'd be glad to act in the series as well.

I have to warn you though, I'll probably end up making a lot of suggestions for how to work this series. It's just a problem I have. I'll try my best to respect your wishes as creator though, and not force my opinions down anyone's throat (I'm making myself sound a lot worse than I really am >_>).

Mario Kart Wii Friend Code: 4468-1342-3783
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2008, 01:23:33 pm »
  • Taste the soup of my brain!
I have to warn you though, I'll probably end up making a lot of suggestions for how to work this series. It's just a problem I have. I'll try my best to respect your wishes as creator though, and not force my opinions down anyone's throat (I'm making myself sound a lot worse than I really am >_>).

Heh, it's okay.  I have a tendency to be a total jerk about being suggested to sometimes...  But unfortunately I'm also semi-submissive and end up following through with the suggestions anyway.  So, if I reply in a jerky way to suggestions...   Bear with it.  I didn't mean to be hostile.

I'm also making myself sound worse than I am...

But on the production of the series...  I'm working on a way to organize it effectively.  So far, most of the actors are taking part in the content collaboration, as well, which in the past has helped keep coherent-ness in my videos.

So, yeah, if you want to collaborate, just send me a PM and I'll send you my MSN/AIM/your-preferred-means-of-contact account name.  But remember: Time is of the essence.
She'll pull out your feathers for her brand new hat and when she's done that she'll feed you to her cat.
People you love will turn their backs on you.  You'll lose your hair, your teeth. Your knife will fall of its sheath, but you still don't like to leave until the end of the movie.
If I threw my guitar out the window, so far down, would I start to regret it?  Or would I smile and watch it slowly fall?
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2008, 11:55:44 pm »
oh man! I love the idea, somewhat reminds me to the Office!! really nice! I hope you get alot of help but I don't have a webcam :/

grawr3

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2008, 01:12:30 am »
i think id be rly fun to help you,
im in if u want some more help

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2008, 01:15:20 am »
  • b e p i s
I've written two films. I'll help. :P

No camera currently, but once I'm back at school in August I can help a bit with acting too.

PM me if interested.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 46 queries.

anything