Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Grand Theft Auto IV  (Read 1652 times)

Grand Theft Auto IV
« on: June 02, 2008, 05:08:36 am »
  • ๏̯͡๏﴿
Yeah i got that today for my birthday. It's pretty fun, though i haven't played it much yet.

Who else has it?
Re: Grand Theft Auto IV
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 05:11:05 am »
Yeah i got that today for my birthday. It's pretty fun, though i haven't played it much yet.

Who else has it?
Congrats.
I won't buy it until it hits under $20 at the game store.
You play 5 sand box games...hell...YOU HAVE PLAYED THEM ALL....figuratively speaking of course.

Now when I see Saints Row 2 come out... <3
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 06:19:06 am »
I have it for PS3... seems like the majority has it for the 360 though.

Anyone know what's up with the cars though?  The Comet I got from racing never seemed to explode, but a lot of other cars do... and I'm paranoid that I'm going to lose that car again, since it can take a beating, that's for sure.

Anyways, how far have you gotten? I still have to unlock the last part of the city, but I don't play it too often... all I know is that it's stupid because I was riding my motorcycle and I crashed into the police barrier, flied over the police cars there and suddenly I get 6 stars for it? That's crap, it's only another part of the city :(

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 06:21:42 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
But theres a terror threat; breaking those barriers makes them suspect you to be a terrorist :p
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 06:40:26 am »
but there are citizens over on the other side... I've driven my car over there and it's filled with people :(

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2008, 06:41:06 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
but they're not serbian XD
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2008, 06:47:42 am »
  • :'O
I got it for the PS3
What do you have it for?

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2008, 08:15:49 am »
  • Silly cat!
My friend brought it over, and I play some deal of it. I'm gonna borrow it and let him borrow BioShock.

I love the explosions and driving mechanics, the radio, the TV, the internet, the whores, the ability to throw things at hobos, kick people down stairs and the targeting/covering system. And I like that it's more realistic than San Andreas (i.e. there's no part where you go into an army base with nothing but an uzi and no shirt just to get a jet pac) but in my opinion it still feels a little too much like GTA for my liking.

Right now it seems like a great game, but in my opinion not as great as other current-generation games like Super Mario Galaxy and BioShock. S'pose I haven't played all of it yet, but that's my original impression.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2008, 08:18:02 am by Hoffy »

Hoffy.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2008, 08:23:45 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
:P it probably feels a bit too GTA because it is GTA XD

Although you cant compare Super Mario Galaxy and GTA and BioShock... all 3 are completely different genres :(
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2008, 09:06:18 am »
This will be the first game I will buy once I buy a 360 in a month or 2.
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2008, 12:42:58 pm »
I never bought it because everyone on my friends list went from "Buy it it's SICK" to never playing it now and saying "its boring" without finishing it completely.
the a o d c
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2008, 03:27:21 pm »
  • ๏̯͡๏﴿
I have it on the 360. I'm on this mission where you first have to beat up these 2 guys attacking Roman, then chase after this other guy in a car. I can't catch the guy in the car because Roman's Car is !@#$%.  :-\

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2008, 06:20:59 pm »
  • b e p i s
I played it recently on a buddy's PS3, and man, what an awesome game! I didn't even do the missions, I just sat there and messed around in the city for hours. The graphics are great, the city is really detailed and interesting, the new ways citizens react to you are totally realistic...it's an awesome game.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2008, 06:25:03 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
I never bought it because everyone on my friends list went from "Buy it it's SICK" to never playing it now and saying "its boring" without finishing it completely.

I have some friends (real people whom I talk to face to face) who did the same.

Me? I don't have it, and don't really want it. I'm still holding out for Brawl...precious brawl...soon, so very soon I shall have it, and then I shall play it, and than I shall get good at it and beat all my friends. I have a friend whose so confident I'll never beat him he promised me money if I get better than him. We shall see, oh yes we shall see....
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2008, 06:27:17 pm »
  • ๏̯͡๏﴿
I played it recently on a buddy's PS3, and man, what an awesome game! I didn't even do the missions, I just sat there and messed around in the city for hours. The graphics are great, the city is really detailed and interesting, the new ways citizens react to you are totally realistic...it's an awesome game.
Yeah like this one time i beat up this hot dog vendor, then ran off and stole a vehicle and out of nowhere the hotdog vender tore me out of the vehicle and started beating on me.

Also how do i store vehicles?
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2008, 10:22:11 pm »
There are certain places on the streets marked "residential parking only" or something, and you can park your cars there and they will stay.  They're typically right in front of your houses.  That's the only way I have found thus far.
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2008, 11:50:54 pm »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
This will be the first game I will buy once I buy a 360 in a month or 2.

I've actually changed my opinion of the game though. I used to think "who would play that?" but it is actually really fun.
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2008, 01:11:33 am »
  • ๏̯͡๏﴿
Why do the hotdog and burger venders explode when hit by a car, etc? Also why are they an instant kill when they do so?

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2008, 01:38:51 am »
  • b e p i s
Why do the hotdog and burger venders explode when hit by a car, etc? Also why are they an instant kill when they do so?

The real question is...why the hell not?!
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single

noseblunt3

Woodman is awesome
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2008, 01:50:50 am »
I have it for the 360, and I killed all of those dawned flying rats. Take my advice, don't do the same, it's not worth it...
Rome wasn't built in a day, but they didn't waste time by sitting around doing nothing either!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 75 queries.

anything