Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Facebook  (Read 2867 times)

Re: Facebook
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2008, 12:42:45 am »
  • Drop down and give me 9000!
I stumbled upon this one day:
http://albumoftheday.com/facebook/
This might be a bit outdated but the privacy policy has not changed much about this.

I was quite shocked, so I actually looked at facebook's privacy policy and such, found out this is pretty much true. This is probably why I'll never sign up.

A lot of people who have facebook might think Myspace sucks, but at least they have a much better privacy policy.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 12:47:59 am by HyperKnight32 »
I like potato.
  • My Myspace

Kyubi

GET ON THE BALL!
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2008, 12:53:27 am »
  • :3
I've never uploaded private info onto sites anyway, other than interests. I use it strictly for talking with friends (and slayers lol) if I go on it.  I don't see anything wrong with them collecting the data that I like martial arts films or something like that, but it's still pretty scary for those who put tons of information on their profiles.  :o
Gannon-banned brother.

« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2008, 12:55:23 am »
  • :'O
I stumbled upon this one day:
http://albumoftheday.com/facebook/
This might be a bit outdated but the privacy policy has not changed much about this.

I was quite shocked, so I actually looked at facebook's privacy policy and such, found out this is pretty much true. This is probably why I'll never sign up.

A lot of people who have facebook might think Myspace sucks, but at least they have a much better privacy policy.
So? >_> Who cares?

Ali Razaqpur

I added most of you, some I couldn't find
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2008, 12:57:36 am »
As far as I am concerned, if the government could understand me though little bits of factual information that I provide that may or may not be true, then I must not be that interesting of a person.  As for things like schedules and whatnot, that is just common sense for any responsible person; stalkers use the information to possibly follow you, heck I would be flattered.  As for Facebook giving out information to other parties, I think that is fine as they are not so much as doing it on an individual basis.  They are more interested in group trends.  If by giving out the information they are able to make money to support the site itself to which they provide users a valuable service than so be it.  

To understand the use of Facebook it really helps to be a college student.  The service helps you share memories, stay in touch with old friends, and plan things with new ones all while letting people know things with you having to tell each of them individually.  It really comes down to that.  All of the applications for it are annoying though; I would prefer it if there were none of this crap.
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2008, 01:05:10 am »
  • Drop down and give me 9000!
I suppose it's not that bad then, just providing that not too much personal information is stored, but if I was a criminal I sure as heck wouldn't want to own a facebook <_>;

This is an argument I'll never win :P, so I'll just let you enjoy facebook without me, unless someone convinced me to sign up.

To understand the use of Facebook it really helps to be a college student.  The service helps you share memories, stay in touch with old friends, and plan things with new ones all while letting people know things with you having to tell each of them individually.  It really comes down to that.  All of the applications for it are annoying though; I would prefer it if there were none of this crap.

Heard of bebo? It used to be ok until the staff obviously got bored and decided to include apps. Now so many #$%@ users spam their own profile with dozens of applications. I personally own a Myspace and Bebo, perhaps I'll change my mind and have a facebook too, just to broaden availability for friends to keep in touch.
I like potato.
  • My Myspace
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2008, 05:05:09 am »
  • ๏̯͡๏﴿
I rarely ever give out my real identity. :/ I always use an alias...until I'm comfortable with giving out my real name,etc.
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2008, 01:05:13 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
Heard of bebo? It used to be ok until the staff obviously got bored and decided to include apps. Now so many #$%@ users spam their own profile with dozens of applications. I personally own a Myspace and Bebo, perhaps I'll change my mind and have a facebook too, just to broaden availability for friends to keep in touch.

Lol, Facebook has Apps now too, and people spam the !@#$% out of their profiles with them. It's really quite annoying, especially when you're looking for something or you keep trying to get to their wall and it takes forever to scroll through all the apps, or the apps are still loading and keeps moving it down.
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2008, 02:16:47 pm »
  • ๏̯͡๏﴿
Who is Spence Kagy and Clint Voss I'm certain they are ZFGC members. I know 100% that John Patrick Anderson is...but i can't remember his user name cause I'm an idiot. Also Andrew Berquist is Vash right?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 02:21:22 pm by Regulust »

luigi

MoFD
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2008, 02:17:50 pm »
I don't have a facebook account and I think the whole thing is stupid. Even myspace is stupid. I have a myspace though but I never use it anymore. I have a facebook because I look up to my brother and I decided to get one.
Corrected. XD  Just kidding. Add me upp. http://www.facebook.com/s.php?q=jon+baller&init=q  ROBERT BATEMAN HIGH SCHOOL
­200th post (09/20/07)
300th post (12/01/07)
400th post (2/11/08)
500th post (5/07/08)
600th post (7/21/08)

MK Wii: 2750 1625 1262
Brawl: 3523-1727-8440

Gamertag: cyborgwhale
  • Cyborg Whale's Twitter
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2008, 02:23:31 pm »
I added a bunch of you on there btw :P
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 57 queries.

anything