Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Reason to buy a PS3 now?  (Read 1902 times)

CrystalAngel04

Resident ZFGC female
Reason to buy a PS3 now?
« on: June 06, 2008, 03:17:12 am »
  • \\*Caution*\\ The Internets: May contain Women
http://www.engadget.com/2008/06/03/wal-mart-throws-in-100-gift-card-with-blu-ray-player-purchase/

Wal-Mart throws in $100 gift card with Blu-ray player purchase

by Darren Murph, posted Jun 3rd 2008 at 10:51PM

Given that $100 at Wal-mart is essentially as good as cash, we can only imagine how titillating this offer may seem for Blu-ray holdouts. Announced today, the mega-retailer will be offering a $100 gift card with the purchase of any Blu-ray player from June 8th through 14th -- and yes, Sony's PlayStation 3 is included. In case this wasn't enough to maybe-possibly get the general public to actually pay attention to the format, Wally World will also sell "select" BD titles for $15 starting on the 8th. Since the format war ended earlier this year, we've seen report after report proclaiming that Blu-ray adoption just wasn't taking off here in America, but with a theoretical net price now close to $200 (albeit for a few days only), we can certainly see the masses taking notice at long last.

I'm kinda broke at the moment but would this encourage any one else to buy it?
  • -= Crystal Angel Creations =-

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
Re: Reason to buy a PS3 now?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 03:19:50 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
lol I might; I've been wanting a PS3 for a while
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 03:22:20 am »
  • 虫めづる姫君
Does the PS3 play PS1 and PS2 games? If it does, I'd consider buying one with this offer. I'm not really up-to-date with video games anymore though...
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2008, 03:23:44 am »
I plan on getting a PS3 at some point because of GTA IV, so this deal in itself would be very appealing and persuasive in terms of my lingering hesitation to buy a PS3.  Alas, I am broke too.  The timing of this deal is too early for me as the temporary job bailing straw I am getting this summer pays well, but takes place during the first week of July (hopefully it rains, lol, I'd get a day off if the water weighs the bails down and one cannot put them into the barn wet).  Quite honestly, the typical male instinct in me read the quote you posted and I focused on the word "titillating" for a while.  But the geek in me was wooed by the technology and my senses returned intact.

CrystalAngel04

Resident ZFGC female
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2008, 03:24:59 am »
  • \\*Caution*\\ The Internets: May contain Women
Does the PS3 play PS1 and PS2 games? If it does, I'd consider buying one with this offer. I'm not really up-to-date with video games anymore though...

This post makes me sad lol Though I can't say I've kept up to date with the PS3 though, last I've heard it had backwards compatibility but it sucked ass so I think they were considering getting rid of it if it isn't already gone.
  • -= Crystal Angel Creations =-
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2008, 03:30:17 am »
  • 虫めづる姫君
Well, the only PS3 games I want to play are GTA:IV and Soul Calibur IV. So if there's no backwards compatability, it's a huge waste of money for me. Realistically, I'll probably never buy any more video games in my life. A GBA emulator is enough to keep me entertained when I feel the urge to play a game, which isn't that often.
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2008, 03:35:29 am »
  • :'O

This post makes me sad lol Though I can't say I've kept up to date with the PS3 though, last I've heard it had backwards compatibility but it sucked ass so I think they were considering getting rid of it if it isn't already gone.
Hah no U. The new versions have software emulators, and the original ones had hardware emulators. the cheaper PS3 right now doesn't have backwards compatibility, the one that is 100$ more does.
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2008, 05:37:57 am »

Who said it sucked ass?
I had a Ps3(60 GB) and all my PS2 and PS1 games looked fine and nice and clear.
Just people spreading !@#$% about a system they don't like.

But there was a catch.  I had to get an update after I bought it(took like 1 hour or something).
Before that, the games were very "blurry".After the update, they were nice and crisp.

So, it's just people whining about !@#$%.

Get the MGS4 ps3...I'm sure you will find them on ebay.  or just get a 60 GB PS3 on ebay.  BC either way.
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2008, 06:03:30 am »
actually Theforeshadower, there were videos showing a lot of really bad errors with ps1/2 games.
I assume a lot of the issues have been fixed by now, but a specific madden had no field displayed, FF game cutscenes were unwatchable, but like I said these issues were from a long time ago and I haven't heard anything since- so I dunno.

Considering there is no walmart here, this doesn't mean much to me, but if we did, I think I still wouldn't get one.
there are simply no games that interest me on it, also I feel like if I were to get a PS3 I should get an HD tv too, and I definitely don't have that money :P
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2008, 07:14:28 am »
  • :D
actually Theforeshadower, there were videos showing a lot of really bad errors with ps1/2 games.
I assume a lot of the issues have been fixed by now, but a specific madden had no field displayed, FF game cutscenes were unwatchable, but like I said these issues were from a long time ago and I haven't heard anything since- so I dunno.
I'm pretty sure that is for the PS3's with software emulation.  The 60gb model is the only one with hardware emulation-- I have it and it works flawlessly.  I haven't had a single problem yet, and I play a lot of ps2 and ps1 games. 
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2008, 07:16:29 am »
I'm pretty sure that is for the PS3's with software emulation.  The 60gb model is the only one with hardware emulation-- I have it and it works flawlessly.  I haven't had a single problem yet, and I play a lot of ps2 and ps1 games. 
Was the same here til I traded it for this laptop....
Bad idea as I use the dekstop ALOT more...anyone wanna trade this laptop back for a PS3?
lol this is worth about $700.

Seriously, I had no problem with my FF games or sports games.
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2008, 07:30:06 am »
yah I know, I'm just saying CrystalAngel04 might have been thinking back to when the PS3 launched and it was an issue :P
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2008, 09:17:31 am »
All PS3 models play PS1 games, but some only play PS2. Even then; Shefali there are a few games I could suggest you might enjoy.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 64 queries.