Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lucidity - Full 3D horror  (Read 3954 times)

Lucidity - Full 3D horror
« on: October 15, 2006, 08:39:31 pm »
  • Seppuku Arts
Lucidity

Hello, I did get started on my Legend of Zelda : Din's Bow project, however currently with the lack of compatible software for Torque, I have put that on hold until after I've bought a new comp and the right software. Now I am working on a project for a Dark Basic Pro nVidia competition, which is using an engine I have almost finished that I will transfer into another Zelda project. I've spent the weekend on this project and surprisingly have got more done than expected, in the screens I am providing there is a lack of quality in the way textures/normal maps are presented, thats because they are test textures and non-uv mapped models. so please excuse them

You play as Jack, who has been thrown in jail for a terrible crime in which has harmed him a lot emotionally, which in his regret progresses his sense of insanity, where he begins to see things that aren't real in his cell, these things being underworldly shades and one of which the Grim Reaper, on his first encounter, he is left to cower in the corner of his cell and is brought into a very happy memory where he is with his girlfriend, which is then taking over by these shades, taking a Melee weapon you have to tackle these creatures, once all are destroyed he returns to the present reality, where he sees the grim reaper emerging and his cell door open, his exit, but outside isn't the halls of the prison, but a strange underworld place where shades appear and he must find his escape...Where I have a twist at the end for the ending. Its all based on my English coursework I submitted for my AS exams.

Following a similar style to Silent Hill/Resident Evil/Onimusha

Progress:

Battle Engine : Complete with 2 test cubes battling, I will replace with animated models ASAP.
Shader Engine: Almost complete, I did add shadows, but they looked horrible and drained performance, currently uses per pixel lighting and normal mapping
Main character modelled and partially textured
Cell modelled with random test texture to demonstrate normal mapping (looks horrible with the currect texture used)
Collision Engine: Complete, I've used parts of someone elses code, if its against the rules of the compo I will change it.

Screenshots:

Rendered stuff;

Ingame stuff:

Project: Shadow Behind The Leaves
Dark Basic Pro | Cinema 4D 6 | Hexagon 2 | Blender |  Photoshop 6 | C++/Ogre/Irrlicht | C#/Delphi/Truevision | Torque Game Engine 1.4
Re: Lucidity - Full 3D horror
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2006, 01:10:35 am »
  • You're the yellow bird that I've been waiting for.
Looking forward to a demo :] Looks like I have some competition now. w00t  :jellytime:
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2006, 08:04:03 am »
  • :3
looks interesting good luck
  • daniel-kun
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2006, 08:19:02 am »
I hope to see a demo from this.
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2006, 04:32:10 pm »
  • Seppuku Arts
Thanks for the comments, I hope to release a demo once all parts of the engine fit together so Jack can have a fight with shades that keep on coming.
Dark Basic Pro | Cinema 4D 6 | Hexagon 2 | Blender |  Photoshop 6 | C++/Ogre/Irrlicht | C#/Delphi/Truevision | Torque Game Engine 1.4
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2006, 01:46:58 pm »
You make this in?
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2006, 10:59:03 pm »
  • Seppuku Arts
Dark Basic Professional, sorry for no updates, for the sake of it, I'll just post this as an update, it not major, just a media update. This is from Jack's memories.

I also got a start on Jacks animation (although not textured fully, I needed something to test the animation part of the battle engine), but I'm so rusty on rigging in Cinema 4D after not doing it for so long kind of had its down side.

rhalifax

Pixelated Tree
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2006, 02:30:38 am »
  • I'm here for the Bacon
Sounds so confusing but looks really neat, I can't wait for a demo!
Pixelated Tree. | I make crappy Youtube videos now.
XBL- aaronshatonyou | PSN- cpt ehren | Steam- cptehren
  • Pixelated Tree
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2006, 10:49:16 am »
Still, waiting for a demo. You're using Cinema4D? So am I ::). I've mentioned that before :P.

So, uh, yeah. DEMO NOW PLEASE :P.
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2006, 01:36:30 pm »
  • Seppuku Arts
lol, a little patience, I need to animate my dude and place the prison in the battle test (Actually I'll use the house scene, its fully textured), perhaps I should have put this in early production. But if you don't mind a lack of animations/texture, I'll try to get a demo in ASAP, but it will most likely be without the shaders.

[edit]
Yes I am using Cinema 4D, although I'll be soon either getting XSI or Lightwave (For better game use, plus Lightwave is what I need for the Torque engine)
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2006, 04:05:31 pm »
  • Seppuku Arts
Update. A couple of bugs on the battle/collision bit need to be fixed and some boundries need to be set (he can fall of the edge of the terrian) Other than that I should be nearing a tech demo on the battle engine.

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2006, 04:44:46 pm »
It's awesome ;). Anyway... what is this NVidia Competition about? Is this part of the NVidia Developer site (http://developer.nvidia.com/) ????
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2006, 05:10:43 pm »
  • Seppuku Arts
Thanks;

Its on the game creators site;

http://www.thegamecreators.com

You can't miss it, its the banner at the top, basically you have to either use FPS Creator or Dark Basic Pro to create a game, any type of game you want, big prize (A computer), big points for shader usage (in consideration of performance on an average machine) There are better details on the nvidia compo forum board there.
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2006, 04:36:39 pm »
  • Seppuku Arts
A quick tech demo. Reason for release, to give a taster and so before I move onto the next stage I know if anyone experiences any problems, so whoever tests it, would you let me know of your PC specs, your average frame rate and any problems.

Known bugs:
No barrier, can walk off the edge of the map
Hovering Jack
Jack enemy attack from behind
Some polygons on the map aren't really there (so you fall through)

Controls:
Arrow keys - Move
Return - Action/Attack
Spacekey - Skip text or Gameover screen/Defend
Escape - Quit

Update:
Bug Fix: Enemy keeps a distance rather than on top of Jack
Game Over Screen Added
Mini intro monologue to set the scene.

Download:

Requirements:

Windows XP Home or Professional
Direct X 9.0c
Pentium 4 800 mghz processor
128mb, 256mb ram recommended
ATI radeon 9000 series, equivalent or better gfx card running at 64mb

Format - rar
Size- 11mb
http://files.filefront.com/Lucidityrar/;6060881;;/fileinfo.html
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2006, 12:41:23 pm »
  • :3
therse an error in the game:(
  • daniel-kun
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2006, 05:09:06 pm »
  • Seppuku Arts
Whats the error? Everyone else who has tested it have found it works fine minus the bugs I've mentioned.
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2006, 06:27:05 pm »
  • Seppuku Arts
Update:

Water Shader & Per Pixel Lighting:
Notice the refraction for the water, the water is more noticeable when playing, because it is animated.

New Camera Code being tested:

Grim Reaper Started:

This game will require a Pixel and Vertex shader 2.0 compatible graphics card from now on, I will probaly add the option to turn off shaders.

2 New Bugs to fix:
With the new update Jack's collision sphere that stops the enemy coming close keeps coming visible and the new camera code seems to go crazy with the water code, I will hunt down the problem of both.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 72 queries.