Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Developers Board  (Read 3137 times)

Developers Board
« on: November 21, 2010, 02:31:34 pm »
http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?board=303.0

I have made the Developers board public. While it has not been formally formulated, issues with it would be easiest to work out when and if they are encountered. The board's purpose is mentioned in the Developers Info topic, and any further questions can be asked here, in the Developers board, or through a PM to me. The Feedback board will remain obviously for moderation issues and general suggestions, but the purpose of the Developers board is to be proactive about issues rather than just simply discussing them.
Re: Developers Board
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, 04:35:48 am »
Sorry to sound harsh or rude but I beleive it is just a bad way to fix problems or improve zfgc >-< for me it seems that you expect normal people to give ideas and take decisions, somewhat weird since I would expect the admins/mods/staff/(whatever other title there is) to do so,and users to collab by sending pms to staff about things they would like to see fixed, and they would argue see pros and cons and take the decision, apart from that I beleive half of the forum are staff related and can see the staff board so I find it pointless and! it seems to be really similar to feedback, apart from that expect drama and problems from that board.
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2010, 05:07:50 am »
With all the problems of the Resource & Projects categories, the flaws of the GM Minish Cap Engine and how it isn't bringing in more users to help with it, how the Project of the Month topics get no replies anymore, how the Engines board's Engine listing isn't updated, how the Engine's board doesn't have any set rules, how some users still don't know the difference between posting in Discussion or in Engines, how Graphics no longer has sprite competitions, how Graphics sprite Sprite listing isn't maintained or existent, how Audio sucks, how there is a lack of tutorials in all resource boards, how there are no longer any held contests, how users still feel that expanding the focus is the quick and easy answer, how users sometimes feel the staff isn't doing enough, users' perceived issues with the site, integrating new users, getting new good ones, advertising, etc. there should be enough problems to fix.

The point being that these aren't just staff problems to fix, they can't just be. They are everyone's problems - or rather they are the problems of the people who give a !@#$%. Most if not all of the staff members are intelligent, yes, but that is not to say that everyone on else on the forum can't contribute anything. Doing all of this through PMs is weak. Rather than sending a half-baked idea through a PM to a staffer who may or may not relay it to the rest of staff, a half-baked idea can be posted in the Developers board so that the rest of its baking process can be completed. With all the development issues that need to be fixed, I think that having the board apart from Feedback helps because if someone has a legitimate issue with moderation, they shouldn't have their post in Feedback drowned out.

Everyone talks the talk but nobody walks the walk anymore. If you are right though and the board is a monumental failure, it'll be removed then. I think it is at least an idea worth trying; and another thing, the traditional staff gets busy like everyone else, so expecting the forum to get better through their efforts alone just slows down the process or the conversation amongst them is slow. By opening it up to everyone, namely the people it affects, we'll also be making better decisions.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2010, 05:32:15 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
I tried to enter this post, but there was this wall in front of me:

It's a pretty tall wall though. I couldn't see all the way to the top of it but I did read the bottom portion of the wall.

(kidding of course :P just being silly, no real disrespect meant by that :P)

Anywho; I kinda agree. This board seems whimsy. It doesn't even relate to the thread that "invoked" it coming into existence either (seriously; how does TFS's post turn into "new board"?).

We have developers boards. It's where the graphics, wips, and other !@#$% go.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 05:34:44 am by Mamoruアニメ »
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2010, 05:58:36 am »
* 4Sword just wants everyone on ZFGC to care more about and be active in shaping development policies on ZFGC.

But yeah, as I said earlier somewhere, I have been hinting about this for months, mentioned it in the staff board, and had thought it out before Theforeshadower's post. The traditional staff, including myself, gets bogged down with life and other issues, and rather than let everyone else who expects the staff to be different from that, giving everyone the ability to communicate and give walk to their walk was all I really wanted.

If that can be done in the Feedback board I hope to see it. If community projects can be organized in the resource boards I hope to see that too.

Edit: After some thought, I'll just move the focus of getting development discussion back to the Feedback board. And shut the Developers board down. It would have been alright to have but it isn't as if it is the only way to achieve the objective of improving development on the forum.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 06:54:19 am by 4Sword »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.176 seconds with 44 queries.

anything