Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Ganon´s balcony  (Read 11860 times)

Ganon´s balcony
« on: June 08, 2014, 03:53:15 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
I tyed to do Ganons balcony of Donotfeedthemax´s concept art. tell me what you think. I personally like it.
I used a ganon from the spriters resource as an example (not mine), I don´t know if you guys have a sprite of him yet.
Re: Ganon´s balcony
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2014, 10:19:55 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
This looks great, but it is missing a few details from Max's concept mainly the pheonix crest on the floor.  Think that could be added?

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2014, 01:17:02 am »
  • It's just Max.
Hey! (I do kinda regularly check ZFGC, although I've been working like three jobs for a while)

The phoenix crest on the floor is probably a minor detail, especially considering how testy the perspective on that will probably be. The main thought I'm having at 1) that looking freaking amazing!
2) I think there is a boss battle of some sort here toward the end of the game? Either the way the battle goes will probably inform the size of the balcony or vice versa, or maybe the battle will happen on a different part of the roof, or they fall into the courtyard or something.
3) How does this connect with the castle? It looks kind of like it's supported 3 feet of the ground by several short posts, and I thought the balcony was at least like 3rd floor, possibly like 50' off the ground level. Maybe it would be cantilevered out from the castle wall, in which case you'd see the ends of the cantilevers heading back toward the castle? I'm currently doing a big architecture project and am kind of thinking like my professor :p
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2014, 09:22:21 am »
  • Just call me Brad
Hey! (I do kinda regularly check ZFGC, although I've been working like three jobs for a while)

The phoenix crest on the floor is probably a minor detail, especially considering how testy the perspective on that will probably be. The main thought I'm having at 1) that looking freaking amazing!
2) I think there is a boss battle of some sort here toward the end of the game? Either the way the battle goes will probably inform the size of the balcony or vice versa, or maybe the battle will happen on a different part of the roof, or they fall into the courtyard or something.
3) How does this connect with the castle? It looks kind of like it's supported 3 feet of the ground by several short posts, and I thought the balcony was at least like 3rd floor, possibly like 50' off the ground level. Maybe it would be cantilevered out from the castle wall, in which case you'd see the ends of the cantilevers heading back toward the castle? I'm currently doing a big architecture project and am kind of thinking like my professor :p

I was thinking the pillars on the bottom of the balcony wold seem like it was attached to the wall, scince I took the pillars from walls from the castle.
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2014, 10:32:04 pm »
  • Evil's origin begins in TLOZ AO...
Everything looks great, except for ganon of course.
complete hyrule castle + Ganon´s balcony
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2015, 10:42:40 am »
  • Just call me Brad
After a long time, I finally came back to work on this and, not only did I do the Balcony, I also created the complete hyrule castle!!
Which one of the balconies do you prefer:
-1 the bigger one
-2 the slightly smaller one.
-3 maybe you want it smaller or some kind of alteration maybe?
Eitherway I will let you guys decide!!

And a video of how I constructed this incredible structure:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Td3624VIt6g
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 10:47:42 am by Spritonic »
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2015, 01:10:01 pm »
I think it looks a bit like the balcony is floating.  However!  I don't think this will matter too much since the camera probably won't even show those parts of the balcony.  We've got a 320x240 window so I don't think it will be a problem.

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2015, 01:27:01 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
I think it looks a bit like the balcony is floating.  However!  I don't think this will matter too much since the camera probably won't even show those parts of the balcony.  We've got a 320x240 window so I don't think it will be a problem.

yeah I was thinking of that whle I was making it. :P

the camera will show the entrance and lower parts of the castle like in minish cap, nd the balcony and some parts of the castle.

and besides, I did the balcony based on the dimensions of the boss room of the deepwood shrine. I read a couple posts back that there was going to be a battle with ganon there.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 01:28:44 pm by Spritonic »

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2015, 03:46:52 pm »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
I used a ganon from the spriters resource as an example (not mine), I don´t know if you guys have a sprite of him yet.

You could use the one I made here. Just give credits to me and JoGibbs for it. I know there's only one pose, but one is a start.
I was talking to my friend last night, and he was mentioning about how in 1980, he thought the internet would become this amazing place where people from across the world would share ideas. I was telling him about how this project [KOT] has worked, lurching along for years and drawn by different people from across the globe, and he thought it was beautiful. And he was right, it's awesome. :D

Zelda Items Spritesheet album (OUT OF DATE) - (link here)
A Link Across Time project - (link here)
Boss Keys project (Metroid) - (link here)
Boss Keys project (Zelda) - (link here)
Boss Keys project Trello Board - (link here)
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2015, 03:51:18 pm »
  • Just call me Brad

You could use the one I made here. Just give credits to me and JoGibbs for it. I know there's only one pose, but one is a start.

You want me to animate him too? XD

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2015, 04:55:00 pm »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
:P If you want to. I attempted some Minish Cap-style animation recently... and realize I suck more than Kirby. The best I have ever done is that Baby Volvagia sheet, and even then it's got some quirks IMHO.
I was talking to my friend last night, and he was mentioning about how in 1980, he thought the internet would become this amazing place where people from across the world would share ideas. I was telling him about how this project [KOT] has worked, lurching along for years and drawn by different people from across the globe, and he thought it was beautiful. And he was right, it's awesome. :D

Ganondorf MC style
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2015, 08:40:41 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
:P If you want to. I attempted some Minish Cap-style animation recently... and realize I suck more than Kirby. The best I have ever done is that Baby Volvagia sheet, and even then it's got some quirks IMHO.

Challenge accepted 8)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 08:45:10 pm by Spritonic »

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2015, 09:28:36 pm »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
By the skies, that was fast.
...But... his arms look like they're made out of rubber...

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2015, 09:41:18 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
By the skies, that was fast.
...But... his arms look like they're made out of rubber...

Hmmm... Maybe he is dancing?

Eitherway I will try to fix it tomorrow. Ol' Spritonic is tired and needs rest. :p
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 09:47:20 pm by Spritonic »
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2015, 02:35:12 am »
  • It's just Max.
Hey! So for one thing, I like your castle, although there is a whole bunch of blank roof space. Like Steve mentioned, it wouldn't matter depending on the camera, but I have an idea/challenge. I remember discussing having Link need to find different ways to get to the balcony, since Zelda instructs the guards to keep Link out once she suspects Gannondorf to be evil.

I did this plan which I attached from a tablet so hopefully it shows up of an example with different ways for Link to climb up, which could be added/taken away throughout the game. But I figure it'd be difficult to tile out and stuff, so it's basically just an idea for your consideration. What do you think?
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2015, 07:36:04 am »
  • Just call me Brad
Wow dude!! That is all I need!  Thanks to your detailed artwork, it is easier for me to sprite and tile!
I'll get on it as soon as I finish the thieves hideout
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2015, 01:54:45 pm »
As with the hideout, I'll need a tilesheet of this too :)

HYRULE CASTLE
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2015, 04:36:30 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
I will post this without the tile separation for now because I want feedback on this before I do so.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 04:40:10 pm by Spritonic »
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2015, 05:02:59 pm »
  • It's just Max.
Wow dude, that was incredibly quick! You DO have a lot of free time! Haha :D

There's a few places that I think could be improved with some altered tiles. For example, where the climbing walls meet the balconies, there's climbing wall on a tile that looks like it should be flat (floor). It messes with the perspective. As for the climbing walls themselves, they're great tiles, but I feel they're rather obvious. Hey climb up this! I was thinking they should be more like the climbable walls in Ocarina of Time, where they're just bricks which you don't see anywhere else. I'll attach a tile sheet which has some you can use if you want.

Another thing is around the clock. The clock makes a fine placeholder, but it should probably be bigger and more fancy, and it's not quite in Minish Cap style right yet. Then, the vertical things that are next to it, I know they're from the minish cap castle. I don't know if anyone else has looked at those and been like, "what are these? What is going on?" But I've never understood/liked them. I think we can do better. Personally, I think we should make some custom pillar things more akin to an actual architectural style, probably from gothic cathedrals.

Final critique for now is the windows, they're very small for the middle of a very tall wall. We can use taller, fancier windows, and we can add the recessed arches that are often on fancier architecture like this.

Anyway, I'm tacking on the tiles I have with the climbing bricks here, they're right below the blue roof by the arch. Also, if you want to use more of these tiles, it'd be cool because then our castle would stand out more from the Minish Cap castle since it's got custom tiles. Most of these are in the style of the King of Thieves town that was done long ago, and I think we can use some of these to make the castle and town match and go together. I don't really know how you work or how your tile sheet works, but maybe we can take the castle tiles you're using and try a one to one exchange on the sheet for tiles in this style, so it would just convert the castle you just did to look in this style? I don't know how that would work but we could try.

NOTE: the climbing bricks I'm talking about are on the left side, just below the Blue Roofed buildings from King Mob's Shadowgazer game.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 05:05:38 pm by Donotfeedthemax »
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2015, 05:13:09 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
I´ll see what I can do. (A lot of work to do...  :()
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 78 queries.

anything