Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: [solved] NOT MINE - Pseudo-3D OoT Link sprites by "AndOr AFK"  (Read 13066 times)

[solved] NOT MINE - Pseudo-3D OoT Link sprites b...
« on: April 15, 2006, 08:31:43 pm »
  • w00t
There was once a member of ZFGC named AndOr AFK.  I know he was here in the EZboard days, but I don't know what happened to him.  In any case, at one point in time, he made these awesome pseudo-3D-looking OoT Link sprites.  I saved them to my hard drive at the time, and I thought I would share them with you guys.  I know they're not mine, but they're too awesome not to post.  Note that with the large sheet, you'll have to actually go to the image url itself to see it fullsize.  That url is http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v41/danthemanms/Andor_AFK/spritesheet1dot2.gif

Everything that follows this sentence will be as close of a clone to his original post as possible.

These are the sprites I'm working on for my Zelda game. Comments/suggestions welcome. If you're interested in working with me on my upcoming LoZ game in this style, post in the Recruiting spriters for LoZ: Shards of Time

Child Link's Sprite sheet:

(I'm working on the equipment sheets - I'll have them out tomorrow, or the day after.)

Animated:
<--- A remake of the first animation I did; since the original wasn't up to par with the rest of them.

A preview of Adult Link:

Navi, Link's faithful and somewhat annoying companion.
[2x]

A sign of things to come! :P

Note: these sprites are free to use in your games, as long as you credit me. I don't see any problem with edits; I'll cross that bridge when I come
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 08:07:43 pm by Martijn dh »
What do you mean I need a life?  =P  Hm... Lives... Isn't that something that you get in Super Mario Bros?  You know, those green mushrooms?  That's a life, right?

My one and only fangame, Link Maze, may be viewed at http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=82.0
  • Link Maze - Zelda mini fangame

aab

^ Evolved from a Hobbit
Re: NOT MINE - Pseudo-3D OoT Link sprites by "An...
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2006, 09:05:01 pm »
By the looks of things, he drew over renders of the OOT young link, or studied them endlessly and produced reproductions from shots.
Awsome dedication!
And an interesting idea...
Anyone wanting to make a 3d fangame could sortof try it this way, and do the same with enemies, even have super-sai'd 2d enemys billboarded during game.
Massive cut in production time at a cost that i think would be incredibly worth it....Please...someone make a 3d game with these instead!

I ♥ Sol
.... I ♥ Sol ? wtf how long has that been there? >_> *rrrrrrrrar*
  • MySpace
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2006, 09:50:12 pm »
Holy crap dude...HOLY FRIGGIN CRAP!

*Kleaver dies on the spot*
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2006, 10:40:12 pm »
  • Huzzowee!
I remember these. They were nice! Whatever happened to him?
"They say 'Don't sweat the little things!', but in the end, the little things are all that matter..."
--Alex2539

Piers

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2006, 11:53:01 pm »
These would be good for a Super smash bros game.
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2006, 12:18:27 am »
  • w00t
Amazing. How come we haven't seen this until now if they were released originally in the EZBoard days?

I posted them once before, probably on IF or early SMF.  I do have the original HTML file to his post if you want me to upload it.
What do you mean I need a life?  =P  Hm... Lives... Isn't that something that you get in Super Mario Bros?  You know, those green mushrooms?  That's a life, right?

My one and only fangame, Link Maze, may be viewed at http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=82.0
  • Link Maze - Zelda mini fangame
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2006, 02:26:21 am »
Holy Crap!  I remember these!  So freakin awsome!  He did a really got job on those.

under the alias DarkLink6235
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2006, 05:26:09 am »
  • Master Of Disaster
That looks very interesting! I love the sword-animations the most :). Very nice and unique work!

.TakaM was here
  • Lumeuni
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2006, 09:14:07 am »
I remember these, amazing sprites, pitty he isnt around no more...
  • Elliott Parkinson
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2006, 12:17:24 pm »
I remember these too and they're great!
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2006, 06:18:00 am »
I had Andor AFK on my AIM list, he doesn't sign in anymore. He may have moved on to another community, or he may be working on a new game.

He made an engine test that used these sprites - he said he said he hadn't been working on for very long, and there was only one room, but it came with a mapmaker tool, which was a wee bit buggy but extremely awesome and could be used to create new maps which you could then drag over to the game engine folder and test it. You could talk to people, swing a sword, read signs, etc... There was also this beautiful menu system which was obviously a WIP but worked exactly like OoTs. The game had a lot of promise for something that was fairly new. Too bad it was never completed.

Do you think it would be alright for me to post the engine if I can find it on my hard drive? It's compiled, so there's no source, but it's still kinda cool, and it might give people on ZFGC some ideas of how to do things in an unconventional style.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 06:30:58 am by FarFromHomeFish »

Pyro

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2006, 02:16:35 pm »
Never knew that guy, but these are AMAZING...

Bet you could make a game like Phantom Hourglass :P With the 3D sprites and other stuff 2D-ish xD
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2006, 07:48:18 am »
It sort of reminds me of the Phantom Hourglass. Y'know, 2d-3d. Just more like LTTP!
URL=http://z7.invisionfree.com/VGRP/index.php]My new website![/URL]

kokiri_link

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2006, 08:55:27 pm »
My god...those sprites are sexeh!  :P
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2006, 10:01:07 pm »
  • Credits to BaB
I had Andor AFK on my AIM list, he doesn't sign in anymore. He may have moved on to another community, or he may be working on a new game.

He made an engine test that used these sprites - he said he said he hadn't been working on for very long, and there was only one room, but it came with a mapmaker tool, which was a wee bit buggy but extremely awesome and could be used to create new maps which you could then drag over to the game engine folder and test it. You could talk to people, swing a sword, read signs, etc... There was also this beautiful menu system which was obviously a WIP but worked exactly like OoTs. The game had a lot of promise for something that was fairly new. Too bad it was never completed.

Do you think it would be alright for me to post the engine if I can find it on my hard drive? It's compiled, so there's no source, but it's still kinda cool, and it might give people on ZFGC some ideas of how to do things in an unconventional style.

As long as you don't claim it as your work, you can post it so go for it!

le sans visage

« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2006, 03:23:19 am »
*Look around bewildered*
...They look horrible.
You'd be better off just using captures of the model as a sprite rather than a mangled trace of it...
If they were well pixelled then I could understand, but they just aren't...
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2006, 12:46:09 pm »
  • Audio Engineer
It might not be pixeled, but he spent a whole lot of work and he desrves some credit! I am ashamed of you!  :o...  lol kidding, but really, if someone had his express permission (somehow, since all i've ever read about him was that he suddenly "vanished in thin air") it could be worked some more to make it pixelated, then it would look really awesome.

le sans visage

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2006, 01:45:31 pm »
Why would you need permission to completely revamp a tracing?
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2006, 04:45:48 pm »
I remember them  ;D
Anyone knows about his whereabouts?
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2006, 01:12:35 pm »
  • Audio Engineer
Why would you need permission to completely revamp a tracing?

He can claim the work as his, even if it clearly is Nintendo's work, but traced and colored.  So I think it should be fair that he is asked for permission.
And because he traced them?::) Y'know, even if it's just tracing, i bet it wasn't easy, at least not completely easy.

I remember them  ;D
Anyone knows about his whereabouts?

Not really.  I wish I knew :(.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 76 queries.

anything