Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: I have waited long enough for Nintendo to do this...  (Read 5438 times)

I have waited long enough for Nintendo to do thi...
« on: December 26, 2008, 05:53:01 pm »
  • Protecting Hyrule from the forces of Darkness!
I have been anxiously waiting for Nintendo to release Super Mario Allstars for the wii.
Because I loved that game, I liked the nes originals on the nes. But I liked Super Mario Allstars because it felt like a HD version of the the classic Super Mario Bros. series on the nes.

In light of the fact that Nintendo hasn't even bothered to do it, because they released Super Mario World only. I have made an online petition for them to release the game.

Please look at the petition and lend me your signature:

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/FreeMario/

Not just for this game but for all games you wished the Wii channel had but will never seem to get. :'(
My screenname is pronounced:
Zen-ta-wo-cot-ious the L is silent.
Visit Parnell Games
Quote from: MaJoRa
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.
Quote from: Zentawolcotious
Live today as if its your last.
Re: I have waited long enough for Nintendo to do...
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2008, 05:55:29 pm »
  • :D
lol online petitions

Sorry, but that isn't going to get anything done.  You really want Super Mario Allstars? Go download the rom.  Against Piracy?  Go buy a SNES.
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2008, 05:59:21 pm »
lol online petitions

Sorry, but that isn't going to get anything done.  You really want Super Mario Allstars? Go download the rom.  Against Piracy?  Go buy a SNES.

well thanks for kicking me in the nads there! :-[
yes it may not work but I at least I trying!
Visit Parnell Games
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.

Fox

Turnbeutelvergesser since 1988.
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2008, 06:01:52 pm »
lol online petitions

well thanks for kicking me in the nads there! :-[
yes it may not work but I at least I trying!
Instead of trying something obviously futile, go and figure out a way to make it actually work.
  • Me on deviantART
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2008, 06:31:33 pm »
Nintendo is much more likely to release every game on Super Mario All-Stars individually than as the one package.

"It is a terrible thing for a man to find out suddenly that all his life he has been speaking nothing but the truth" - Jack, The Importance of Being Ernest

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2008, 06:37:09 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
Petitions are a little... lame, actually...

They don't get anything done, and they can't actually *force* the company to develop what you want them to develop.

I'd personally rather see Nintendo do it because they want to do it, not because they're forced to.
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2008, 07:54:43 pm »
  • *whistle*

They don't get anything done, and they can't actually *force* the company to develop what you want them to develop.

I'd personally rather see Nintendo do it because they want to do it, not because they're forced to.

Petitions tell companies that they have loyal consumers who are genuinely interested in enough in a product to petition about it. If a company doesn't respond to consumer interest, then they have no excuse if that dies out. And if consumers don't tell companies what they want, they have no reason to !@#$% about not getting it.
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2008, 08:01:02 pm »
  • Minalien

Petitions tell companies that they have loyal consumers who are genuinely interested in enough in a product to petition about it. If a company doesn't respond to consumer interest, then they have no excuse if that dies out. And if consumers don't tell companies what they want, they have no reason to !@#$% about not getting it.
Show me cases where doing an online petition actually gets something accomplished, with regards to a developer and/or publisher doing something like this.
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog

Fox

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2008, 08:46:12 pm »

Good point. However, most people are just talk. They SAY they want something, but when they get the opportunity, there are suddenly dozens of factors that speak against buying it, or buying it for now.

The customer does not know what he wants. You tell the customer what he wants. That's a golden rule in industry.

Edit: Also, Zentwawhatever. What's the point in an All-Stars for the Wii, anyway? Just so that you can play something good in even better  graphics?

Not worth it. All-Stars was a one-time-thing. You pull it off once, it's awesome. You pull it off twice, it looks cheap. Stop worrying about it and just enjoy the games you already got.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2008, 08:48:35 pm by Fox »
  • Me on deviantART

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2008, 11:06:26 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.

* Mamoruanime gets off of the utopia ship and goes back to real life.

People will !@#$% if companies don't listen to their petitions. Petitions are just big lists of asshurt people who will complain one way or the other <_<... In fact the entire petition is typically a complaint to begin with.

They have no credibility. D:

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2008, 11:44:00 pm »
  • The Mike
You could get it on Wii with homebrew. You could use an emulator or find an injected vc channel with the game on it. Odds are that Nintendo won't be releasing it soon though.

Nintendo is much more likely to release every game on Super Mario All-Stars individually than as the one package.
They have already I'm pretty sure. XD

Edit: Also, Zentwawhatever. What's the point in an All-Stars for the Wii, anyway? Just so that you can play something good in even better  graphics?
Maybe it's one of those games that is a favorite and really wants, kinda like how I want Majora's Mask on VC.

• Zelda Eternity
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2008, 12:02:09 am »
Maybe it's one of those games that is a favorite and really wants, kinda like how I want Majora's Mask on VC.

This is what people should be pushing for.

Mario Kart Wii Friend Code: 4468-1342-3783
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2008, 12:04:34 am »

Rather, they would tell the companies if the companies actually looked at them...which they don't. If they did, we'd have Final Fantasy 7 remake-multipul-choice-ending-where-aries-lives sorta !@#$%.

Fox

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2008, 12:12:02 am »
You could get it on Wii with homebrew. You could use an emulator or find an injected vc channel with the game on it. Odds are that Nintendo won't be releasing it soon though.

I have to admit that I misunderstood. I thought they wanted a NEW remake of the games, especially for the Wii.

I guess Nintendo doesn't do that because it would be like wasting about 5 games for the price of 1.
  • Me on deviantART
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2008, 04:14:19 am »

I have to admit that I misunderstood. I thought they wanted a NEW remake of the games, especially for the Wii.

I guess Nintendo doesn't do that because it would be like wasting about 5 games for the price of 1.

Hey, I don't know about you but I did be more than willing to pay maybe 2000 wii points ($20 dollars for it)
which would be combination of all points for SMB SMB2 SMB3 SMBLL!
Visit Parnell Games
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2008, 04:42:44 am »

Show me cases where doing an online petition actually gets something accomplished, with regards to a developer and/or publisher doing something like this.
I don't remeber if it was online or a regular petition, but if memory is correct, Chrono Cross was released to the US due to a petition...back in the day.

I could have remembered wrong though.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 04:52:08 am by Theforeshadower »
  • Super Fan Gamers!

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2008, 04:55:48 am »
  • ^Not actually me.

I don't remeber if it was online or a regular petition, but if memory is correct, Chrono Cross was released to the US due to a petition...back in the day.

I could have remembered wrong though.

Nah, I own the japanese CC due to rumors that it wasn't going to see US shores. Sadly they were just that; rumors. They always intended on releasing it worldwide. It wasn't due to a petition.

Fox

« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2008, 03:39:36 pm »

Hey, I don't know about you but I did be more than willing to pay maybe 2000 wii points ($20 dollars for it)
You, and what army?
  • Me on deviantART

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2008, 04:25:10 pm »
  • The Mike
The Mario Bros. arcade is in package as well. I would say use homebrew to get it on for now and then get the actual VC game if it's ever released. That's just me though.

• Zelda Eternity
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2008, 05:29:28 pm »
I'm still waiting for them to put Zombies Ate My Neighbors onto the VC dammit.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.195 seconds with 111 queries.