Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Inception  (Read 1765 times)

Inception
« on: August 24, 2010, 10:39:00 am »
  • Team Dekunutz
Who was confused?

Twas awesome.
Re: Inception
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 02:38:45 pm »
They explained everything sufficiently. I was not confused, it was still very awesome and I liked that it made the viewers think to understand it. My mom, falling asleep in every action scene in every movie, obviously did not understand it in the slightest as she was only awake for certain scenes of it.

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 03:13:10 pm »
  • b e p i s
It was good but I thought the "rules" for the dreams got in the way of the out-there nature of the film. Some were necessary (like the "kicker"), but many weren't. And no, I don't really know how else they could have done it...all I know is that it didn't quite feel right. The third layer of the dream was also waaayyyy too actiony, and really distracted from the heistlike nature of the rest of the film.

Nevertheless, I dug it.

P.S. How could anyone be confused about Inception? There's no real underlying "deep meaning" and the film is pretty easy to follow if you pay attention.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 04:57:04 pm »
It's easy to get confused based on those last few seconds. The rest of the movie is very easy to follow but that last scene just makes you question everything you saw. Although that depends on your own logic ofcourse. Optimists and messimists will probably not agree on the setting on this movie.

Don't read this part if haven't seen the movie. And also: go see it if that's the case!
Show content
Personaly I'm convinced that the entire movie is a dream. The children are always wearing the same clothes. When the main character is chased and escapes in a car there is security guy just standing there. Some of the characters tend to favor just a single characteristic or function, like Arthur possible representing logic. I can also spot curiousity (the girl), regret (the ex), creativity (forgot the guys name), desire (the contracter as he is the means to an end) and fear/cautious (the first architect and how weird he acts when he is taken away by "desire"). And, if you watch the movie a second time you may notice sometimes things happen just as the main character wants them to. Like people walking in on an awkward conversation. Best of all is the moment where is spinning his trinket in the first half of the movie. It keeps spinning and spinning like at the end. Almost toplling and continueing. He puts a gun to his head. After a bit the thing stops and his children call him directly after.
In the end it's all just what you make of it, but this is my logic.
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2010, 09:34:01 pm »
  • Team Dekunutz
How did cobb get back to the real world without a kick?

Scratch that.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 09:38:08 pm by Cypras »
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2010, 02:17:06 am »
  • I had to sew my face back on with string cheese
This is now my favourite Christopher Nolan film.  Though I've only seen this, the two Batman films, and Memento...

I don't think the rules were too much considering the nature of their job.  If this technology existed, it would make sense for people to start getting "dream training", so they've made these rules to keep things as realistic as possible to avoid detection.  But, it's been a few weeks since I've seen it, so maybe I'm forgetting something...

Oh, and it kinda pisses me off when people say they didn't get it because they're basically just saying they didn't pay attention.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 02:18:50 am by Mitsu »
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2010, 05:19:26 am »
  • Team Dekunutz
It was pretty easy to understand, just one or two things that were confusing.
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2010, 01:43:47 pm »

Such as?
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2010, 06:53:16 pm »
  • Team Dekunutz
Nevermind, figured em out.
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2010, 09:07:17 pm »

Such as?

Like the entire opening of the movie.

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2010, 09:39:29 pm »
  • b e p i s

Such as?

Like the entire opening of the movie.

They were inside the Asian guy's dream. They got found out. Later, Asian guy offers them job because he was impressed with their skills. Was it really that confusing?
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 60 queries.

anything