Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yellow Dog Linux  (Read 639 times)

Yellow Dog Linux
« on: February 19, 2008, 12:33:11 am »
I'm thinking about installing YDL on my PS3 and wanted to see what you guys think about this form of Linux.  If any of you with PS3's have tried it, (or know someone who has), your opinion would be especially useful.  As far I'm aware, there really isn't any reason to not install it.  Unless I'm mistaken, I'll still be able to play all games, blu-rays, use the PSN, etc.  Have any of you heard of any downsides to doing this or problems with YDL in general?
You rich !@#$%. I wish I could afford AIDs.
Payback's a !@#$% :P BTW Mamoruanime was here
  • [my deviantART gallery]
Re: Yellow Dog Linux
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 03:12:58 am »
  • Taste the soup of my brain!
I haven't heard of any DOWNSIDES as of yet, but I can tell you a great advantage.

StreamMyGame.com works with it.  In case you're not "in the know" about streammygame.com, it's a service that allows you to effectively "stream your games" to lower-end PCs and play them.  You can stream your Windows games to your PS3, such as Halo/Halo 2, BioShock, the (horrible) PC port of Gears of War, etc.  You might need a USB keyboard, though.  I don't have a PS3, so I haven't actually USED streammygame.com on one.
She'll pull out your feathers for her brand new hat and when she's done that she'll feed you to her cat.
People you love will turn their backs on you.  You'll lose your hair, your teeth. Your knife will fall of its sheath, but you still don't like to leave until the end of the movie.
If I threw my guitar out the window, so far down, would I start to regret it?  Or would I smile and watch it slowly fall?

alirazaq

Re: Yellow Dog Linux
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2008, 03:15:07 am »
I always saw that option there I just never knew how you install another OS on your PS3.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 43 queries.