Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A real !@#$% sci-fi movie: MOON.  (Read 652 times)

A real !@#$% sci-fi movie: MOON.
« on: July 29, 2009, 06:06:17 am »
  • :D
Moon.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIexG8179K8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIexG8179K8</a>

Directed by Duncan Jones (the son of David Bowie himself), and made on an extremely small budget of $5 million, the movie takes place on the moon, and is pretty much a one-actor movie, starring Sam Rockwell with a brilliant performance, and Kevin Spacey's voice as his robot-helper, Gerty.

I can't really say much about the movie without (sort of) spoiling it...

Basically the premise is...
Show content
While nearing the end of his 3-year job on the moon, sam starts halucinating, then gets in an accident.  He wakes up to find another (totally different) version of himself, leading him to believe he's a clone.  It's !@#$% awesome.

I LOVED the movie-- one of the few films I've seen recently that wasn't predictable-- that wasn't exactly what I expected when I went into the theater.  The special effects are minimal (they use models then touch it up with cgi), the acting and writing is BRILLIANT, and the plot is totally engrossing. EDIT: The soundtrack is also fantastic.

<3 Moon; the perfect example of the type of film I'd love to make one day, and I'd highly suggest go seeing it.

Anybody else seen it?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 06:08:32 am by a Hint of Lime »
Re: A real !@#$% sci-fi movie: MOON.
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 06:22:37 am »
At first I thought you were talking about the Twilight sequel, but luckily for my eyes and brain you were not. I have not seen the movie but the trailer makes it look pretty good; kind of makes me think of the Twilight Zone episode where the guy who is training to go to the Moon goes crazy in a solitude situation. But yeah, it's different in that this movie actually explores the issue of solitude more directly and almost confrontationally.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 39 queries.