Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [W.I.P.]The legend of Zelda The Island Onterra  (Read 4667 times)

[W.I.P.]The legend of Zelda The Island Onterra
« on: May 01, 2007, 11:27:57 pm »
  • ...---^^^---...
     Here is a Zelda fan game that I started a while ago.  I posted it on the G.M.C. website, but not many people there like to respond to Zelda fan games.  Because of that, I kind of lost interest in it for a while, but then lo and behold I found this site dedicated to the glorious Zelda series, and the fan games that follow.
     Anyway,  I drew most of the sprites in the game (excluding only the house sprites, and the bomb sprites I think), but some of the sprites I drew are quite similar to Nintedo's.  In this Zelda fan game you are stranded on an island, and of course, you must find a way to rescue the princes, and whoever else.  In this demo you can play up till past the first level.  It is kinda cool I think.
     Please check this game out, and let me know what you think.  Oh, and about the glitches you might find.  Thank you.

---Aero88---

You may need to know

Controls
Up-W   Down-S
Left-A   Right-D

Items
Sword-K  Shield-L
Items-O   Talk/Action-I

Menu Screen - Enter

Save - Number 1 (Not numpad 1)

Screenies

The Entrance to Store Cave

Old Ladies House

Middle of Town

Huston, we have a download link!!!

http://64digits.com/games/index.php?cmd=view_game&id=2024

Thanks for taking a look, and enjoy!!!
:D

« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 03:05:47 am by Aero88 »
Re: [W.I.P.]The legend of Zelda The Island Onter...
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2007, 12:03:41 am »
I don't understand why you use alttp style mixed with your own style? Because your own sprites don't fit at all and don't look great.
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2007, 02:11:11 am »
All I have to say now is the mixed styles seem a bit weird, and it'd help people if you put the story, or what the game is mainly about.

Also, "solve the mysterious mystery?" Are you going to do it with some brave courage, while baking in the hot heat...in other words, mysterious mystery is redundant.
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2007, 02:12:16 am »
  • Oh.
Okay giant bushes, giant Link (Compared to old man.) and a statue in the middle of a walkway are all no-nos.

FIX!!
Hm.
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2007, 02:46:19 am »
  • ...---^^^---...
Wow,  well thanks for replying. 

Hyrule_boy - Ya, they don't match perfectly, but I thought they were okay.  I'm not the best spriter, but I'm working on it.

Scooternew - Already answered graphics Q. for Hyrule_boy.  lol I know it is redundant. it makes for twice the mystery.  I can take that off if you really want me to.

Downsider - Well your post fits your name, but thank you.  Again my spriting abilities are not top notch, and I am working on the project single handedly so after awhile of spriting I get tired and wish to move on to something els.  The statue in the walkway was intentional (kinda like a tyrant just set it their), but if it is not a good thing it is and easy fix.

Thanks for replying!!!

Oh ya, please don't rate the game based Solly on the screen shots.  Please try the game and see what it is like in action.

Also to save push number 1.

Things people have said about the game

-Sprites don't match

-Sprites don't match

-Sprites don't match

Hmmm.  sounds redundant J/K

Things I would like to hear about

-Game play

-Could you, and did you get past the level?

-Was it to confusing?

-Controle

-Was it fun, and/or entertaining

-Is it worth continuing, or is it a scraper.

Thanks again.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 04:00:31 am by Aero88 »
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2007, 05:15:39 pm »
  • I cannot lose!
I couldn't play it, since it's loading made my computer go nuts and I had to go through all the trouble to turn my computer off and on again, and it took me 10 minutes since my computer was slowed down by your game.  >:( Also, you didn't even pixel the tree sprites, you just drew them with paint or something, it looks horrible. Sorry, but it's true. Also, they're blurry, especially the house, it looks like you took it out from an ALTTP screenshot or something. Sorry about that, but you should really put some more effort to it.
MGS4 == Best game ever. Srsly.
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2007, 05:49:55 pm »
I don't understand why you use alttp style mixed with your own style? Because your own sprites don't fit at all and don't look great.

dont spout out !@#$% like no tomorrow
if he uses alternative graphics its because he doesnt, like everyone else, have unlimited time to sprite every-!@#$%-thing
thanks for remembering this in the future

My Child Is Student of The Month at Neverland Ranch!
  • SSEdit
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2007, 07:50:54 pm »
  • ...---^^^---...
    Feather - Hmm...  I'm not sure why it slowed your computer, it is a shame you couldn't try it.   >:D Okay enough is enough all I've heard so far is about my bad sprites.  I'm sorry they suck, but honestly I'm not as worried about the sprites as the game itself.  I may work more on the sprites later.  But I'm mostly trying to make a good game not a graphical wonder, just fun.  If you really want to see bad graphics wait till you get to the boss of the first dungeon.  He really sucks. XD

Look At This 8)
     So... looking passed the abnormally blurry gfx.  There is good potential in the game.  There is a working item menu.  In this demo though there is only a bottle which you get at the end.  You can catch fairies, and buy potion.  There are three different enemies at the time.  slightly dis-functional chickens, and a fully working town (with a statue in the middle of a walkway).  Not to mention the first mini dungeon.  You can pick up and throw bushes and jars.  You can chuck them at the people and they ask you not to do it again.  I have made working boomerang, bombs, and a little magic, but you can't get them in this demo.
     Okay, so if you really want to comment on the gfx.  go ahead, but please also say something els about the game.  again please try it (if it works on your computer I guess).  It is pretty cool if you can get passed the graphics. ;)
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2007, 08:02:28 am »
  • :3
what should i say... you  should  spend more time before giving a demo...the game play doesn't feel right and the GFX :(
  • daniel-kun
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2007, 04:16:06 am »
  • ...---^^^---...
     Well it would seem that I should change my graphics, so that is what I will try to do.  It may take a while, but may be after the graphics are changed someone will give a none sucky graphics related post.  Thanks for the Feedback!
     Sorry, I don't mean to sound like an A all the time.

---Aero88---
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2007, 06:37:10 am »
  • I cannot lose!
MGS4 == Best game ever. Srsly.
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2007, 10:58:34 pm »
  • ...---^^^---...
Thank you for the site.  I can't seem to find the MC sprites for Link.  There are lots of others, but I couldn't find Links MC sprites.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.11 seconds with 61 queries.