Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: The Legend Of Zelda: The Cane Of Time  (Read 13042 times)

Re: The Legend Of Zelda: (unkown name)
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2009, 06:18:14 pm »
Thanks for the the adive, changng it right away :-)

Update:

2nd draft of Hyrule:

« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2009, 09:00:52 pm »
Hmm, it is a nice draft. But I think the Ocean has a to big a part of the map. There isn't anything wrong with an ocean, as long as it has some useful and interesting places to go. Maybe you could add some bigger islands and/or move the west side of the map a lot closer to Castle Town.

It is custom for 2D Zelda games that every square of the map can be visited. The only exception is Zelda 2: Adventure of Link, which BTW is the first Zelda game that came to my head when I looked at this map. I'm not saying you have to follow what is common.

Keep up the good work.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2009, 09:43:26 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
Might wanna fix the spelling error on your map :P It's Gerudo, not Gerudu.

o.o not quite sure why theres a set of common misspellings of LOZ names... People do Kokori instead of Kokiri, Gerudu instead of Gerudo, etc... I think it's from OoT coming out when we were all younger :s

Anyway, I like this project ;p good work
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2009, 11:37:36 pm »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
Hmm, it is a nice draft. But I think the Ocean has a to big a part of the map. There isn't anything wrong with an ocean, as long as it has some useful and interesting places to go. Maybe you could add some bigger islands and/or move the west side of the map a lot closer to Castle Town.

It is custom for 2D Zelda games that every square of the map can be visited. The only exception is Zelda 2: Adventure of Link, which BTW is the first Zelda game that came to my head when I looked at this map. I'm not saying you have to follow what is common.

Keep up the good work.

I agree completely with Niek. I really like the map, :) just a tad bit too much ocean unless it's explorable in some way. There are certain obsessive gamers (one being me XD) that MUST explore every inch of land and sea in every Zelda game.

Also, it looks like some of those names were inspired by TP, which is awesome btw. :)
Oh, if you wanted Faroon to actually be Faron, like in TP, then you might want to change that. Or maybe you just wanted change some of the names just a tad bit for some reason?
  • My Music
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2009, 06:56:02 am »
The names of he locations on the map do have spelling mistakes, hasnt been done on purpose.

I doubt you would wanna explore the whole map. The whole map would be larger then the one in zelda: parallel worlds.

Thats why ive been thinking of adding a train system, to each town. The trains would be fuelled by these newly discoverd energy cristals. Each town would have a train station, each with its own little sidequest to activate the cristal in them.

P.S. small upadate: Is this better?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 07:24:02 am by masterpaul »
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2009, 07:10:35 am »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
... ive been thinking of adding a train system, to each town. The trains would be fuelled by these newly discoverd energy cristals. Each town would have a train stadtion, each with its own little sidequest to activate the cristal in them.

I like that idea. :) Reminds me of Spirit Tracks, at least the trailer I saw.
  • My Music
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2009, 07:14:42 am »
the track are already built, u dont get to create them....  so this  puts the game between TP and the flood. Since technolagy advances, i persume this could only happen after Tp, which is the last in the series chronologicly in Hyrule.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 07:24:45 am by masterpaul »
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2009, 07:41:21 am »
I doubt you would wanna explore the whole map. The whole map would be larger then the one in zelda: parallel worlds.

Then I still want to explore the entire map. Am I right to assume that the world is more like that of Zelda II, Final Fantasy and Golden Sun? Where you have a big overworld with random encounters with enemies and rather featureless. And only a few areas are worked out in detail. If not then I would like to explore the entire thing.

Thats why ive been thinking of adding a train system, to each town. The trains would be fuelled by these newly discoverd energy cristals. Each town would have a train stadtion, each with its own little sidequest to activate the cristal in them.
Could work as some fixed teleportation system. But be carefull that you won't get a dungeon crawler principle.

It looks good, but the water is rather crowded. It has to many white lines. You might want go with very clear water that you can see what is in it. But the white lines make it rather difficult to see what is in it. Also understand that when making clear water, you need to show what is in it. Otherwise it will look very empty. The idea I get with so many white lines is that the water is rather rough with a lot of waves and has a violent currents like in oceans.

The ice is a bit to grey. Ice has always been more white with soft streaks of grey and blue (very light grey and blue). My advice is that you look at TMC's Temple of Droplets and ALttP's Ice Palace on how to do ice.

Well that is my advice for this time. Keep up the good work you're doing great.

PS: before posting a comment, you might want to press the "Spell Check" button first.
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2009, 07:50:06 am »

Then I still want to explore the entire map. Am I right to assume that the world is more like that of Zelda II, Final Fantasy and Golden Sun? Where you have a big overworld with random encounters with enemies and rather featureless. And only a few areas are worked out in detail. If not then I would like to explore the entire thing.

The game world will be more like twilight princess but in 2D, aka nearly fully explorable.

In-Game Music:

I found this guy on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJnxzqaNNvw&feature=channel, im thinking about contacting him, and asking if i could use his music for the game :-)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 07:53:26 am by masterpaul »
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2009, 08:12:59 am »
  • AKA "Micah DS"

Ah, the snow on the tree is much better! :)
  • My Music

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2009, 08:18:53 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
TP's timeline didn't have a flood though... I think the flood is exclusive to child link's timeline. Not positive though so don't hold me to it. I really don't believe in the whole *timeline* BS anyway lol
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2009, 08:33:17 am »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
TP's timeline didn't have a flood though... I think the flood is exclusive to child link's timeline. Not positive though so don't hold me to it. I really don't believe in the whole *timeline* BS anyway lol

Ah yes, the timeline... the truth is that there are TONS of views on the timeline, if there even is just one timeline, or even if there's any solid timeline(s) at all... so I just say, the heck with the timeline theories! Just make the game so amazingly awesome that people won't care or even think about it. :)

Just for the heck of it though, I got this "speculation" off of the Zelda Dungeon website.

- In about 3-4 seconds of the trailer, we can see a castle in the distance. This castle is very similar to the one found in Wind Waker with where the towers and other things are located. It also shows that the castle is near a cliff, which is shown in Wind Waker as well when going to enter 'Ganon's Castle'. The castle doesn't appear to have suffered any damage either, while the one in Wind Waker has been obviously damaged by something... or someone.

So it appears that Spirit Tracks comes before the Wind Waker..? I don't know if that helps or not if you are going to try to deal with the whole timeline issue.
  • My Music
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2009, 09:15:33 am »
Lol,  were to place the game in the timeline is not such a big issue, the more important issue would be to figure out a name for this game lol

House Prview:

Im thinking off adding tiles to the roof.
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2009, 09:53:29 am »
For the name of the game it is often based on the main gameplay element or the main theme of the story.

For the house, you could add a chimney to the roof. One question, don't you think the levels of the house (3 floors) are a bit small compared to the door? But I could be mistaken. It all depends on the size of Link compared to the door.
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2009, 10:28:09 am »
So like ths:

Ive made the door height slightly smaller, which should fix the floor problem.

Hmm the chimney, ill add that as another layer.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 10:29:46 am by masterpaul »
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2009, 05:10:00 pm »
Well, the aspect ratios are looking better now. And the roof looks great.

But I don't know if simply making the door smaller suffices. It is just that the separation of the levels isn't really visible and the windows are connected to each other.

Hmm, I think I just noticed what really is wrong with the picture. You made the height of the building in perspective. The walls at the side have to flow parallell. See my attachment. The red lines are the lines your walls follow, the green ones is what it probably should be. At least if you want the building to fit the rest of the style you've shown (look at the trees).
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 08:43:04 pm by Niek »
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2009, 11:08:36 pm »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
Hmm, I think I just noticed what really is wrong with the picture. You made the height of the building in perspective. The walls at the side have to flow parallell. See my attachment. The red lines are the lines your walls follow, the green ones is what it probably should be. At least if you want the building to fit the rest of the style you've shown (look at the trees).

Yes, I agree. Go green! (and yes, pun intended) :)
  • My Music
Re: The Legend Of Zelda: Cane of Time (temporary...
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2009, 01:22:38 pm »
Update: The Legend Of Zelda: Cane of Time (temporary name)

Thats all for today

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
Re: The Legend Of Zelda: Cane of Time (temporary...
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2009, 01:25:33 pm »
Update: The Legend Of Zelda: Cane of Time (temporary name)

Thats all for today
How about

The Legend of Zelda: Time's Rift

I hope you find the right title
  • Phoenix Heart
Re: The Legend Of Zelda: The Cane Of Time
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2009, 12:42:28 pm »
I present to you... the Train.

Hyrules newest mothod of Transport. It is powered by mystical crystals found in the crystal mine. It Can transport you between the Towns of Hyrule.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 12:46:55 pm by masterpaul »
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.252 seconds with 77 queries.

anything