Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Poll

Which Ocarina of Time 2D is best?

Knightmare's Ocarina of Time GB
- 37 (28.7%)
ZServ's Ocarina of Time MC
- 3 (2.3%)
MaJoRa's Ocarina of Time 2D
- 4 (3.1%)
ClearGlowProductions' Ocarina of Time 2D
- 0 (0%)
Daz123's Ocarina of Time 2D+
- 3 (2.3%)
Whyz & joker14's Ocarina of Time 2D++
- 5 (3.9%)
Dampe's Ocarina of Time 2D
- 13 (10.1%)
xdragonsb Ocarina Remix
- 2 (1.6%)
Jelleye's Ocarina of Time 2D Community Project
- 4 (3.1%)
Hyrule_Boy's Ocarina of Time GB
- 11 (8.5%)
TheRealMethuselah's Ocarina of Time 2D
- 39 (30.2%)
Invincibull's Ocarina of Time Advance
- 8 (6.2%)

Total Members Voted: 85

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: A History of OoT2Ds. Whose is the best?  (Read 40335 times)

Re: A History of OoT2Ds. Whose is the best?
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2006, 12:27:29 pm »
My OOTgb version is still in development and I must say that the screen you posted HoF is too old. BTW I voted for TRM's OOT2D he's the most far and most proffesional + he and me are friends.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2006, 12:29:05 pm by Hyrule_boy »
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2006, 12:42:28 pm »
TheRealMetuselah doesn't have a site at the moment.
And there were only three demos (plus b and c-version of the third one), he promised to release a demo 4 but nothing appeared up to now. Oh, I won't get into this...

Still, I voted TRM's OoT2D. Though now I saw Knightmares OoTGB, I think I've changed my mind... it's so hard to decide...

But when I got the Fairy Slingshot and tried to get out (I didn't know how) I ran around in the room and pressed Q some time. Then he said "Unexpected Error".
Why's that? ???
In the room before Ghoma, and some other rooms. If you press 'Q' (the quest button), the game WILL crash saying 'Unecpected Error'. Knightmare will fix that and other glitches in version 3.1.

Fox

Turnbeutelvergesser since 1988.
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2006, 03:01:28 pm »
Yeah, I noticed, that it is in that room all the time, but in which else rooms? And why? (No real need to say it, but I'd like to know it. :P )
  • Me on deviantART
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2006, 05:43:13 pm »
Hof: I don't know where you got that old screen from but they didn't have this old screen.

OcarinaBoy

« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2006, 08:36:27 pm »
I like the one of TRM, it have good graphics and good gameplay
« Last Edit: April 15, 2006, 08:46:17 pm by OcarinaBoy »

thenoblesheep

« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2006, 09:28:44 pm »
 After discovering and playing Knightmare's demo to death, I now wish I could retract my vote and direct it to Knightmare's project. It was very impressive, and the Ghoma boss fight was very well done.

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2006, 09:51:10 pm »
  • Silly cat!
Hof: I don't know where you got that old screen from but they didn't have this old screen.

Whoa Hyrule_Boy O_O... Your game has very much improved since I last saw it, well done.

Hoffy.
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2006, 12:19:04 am »
  • Look its link with the Goron Mask xD
When I played Knightmare's OoT2D it was the best!! The dungeon was almost the exact same as the orginal OoT for N64! Slingshot, Map, and compass were in the same places! Even Gohma was the same did the exact same movments\ attacks Knightmare your awsome :)

Piers

« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2006, 12:44:32 am »

I just wet myself. But you should have used Ooa tiles not Oos. (It would look better in blue)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2006, 12:46:43 am by Piers »
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2006, 03:24:17 am »
  • Look its link with the Goron Mask xD
Hyrule_Boy May you plz post a demo of your OoT 2D?

I know I would like to recast my vote, but for who?? I played Knightmares OoT GB and that was awsome no dought the best I'v played yet, and I haven't seen such as a trailer or demo for Joker's OoT2D++ so I'm not sure to vote for him. So I would like to recast my vote for Knightmare's ooT2D plz :D

[Alex Edit]: Please don't double post
« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 03:05:16 am by Alex2539 »
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2006, 03:54:00 am »
that screenshot of OoTMC is old, this was the last one released
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2006, 12:14:53 pm »
I started working on my OOT-GB again since today!

@Hero of Fire: Thank you but it will be improved again!
@Piers: I'll keep that in mind.
@LiNk1090: Its not the time.
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2006, 02:58:17 am »
  • Credits to BaB
That vote was hard, but I voted for Knightmare's, since he is the one that showed the most progress from all of the other projects. I should have voted Jelleye's but I don't like voting for myself, that's selfish. I never got a chance to play ZServ's OoT MC, so that wasn't an option for me. That is true for MaJoRa's version too. I had a go at ClearGlowProductions and it wasn't all that good.

You forgot to mention Flash's OoTGM!! It had the best intro ever!

I used to beta-test for Daz' OoT2D+, and the last time I played the game, it simply pwned any remake. Sadly, I don't know where he is right now, and it's been months since I have beta-tested his game.
I really can't vote for Joker12's game, since I believe it is not a true game, FarFromHomeFish proved that in a post. I won't change my mind, don't debate please.
Dampe is doing a great job, I love the trailer he made for the game, looks very promising. Only drawback being that the game is programmed with RPG Maker, but I hope he pulls something great with it.
Never played xdragonsb's version.
Hyrule_boy has shown some nice progress, but I really think he is going to get overwhelmed by Knightmare's game. Instead of doing 2 seperate remakes, I really think they should work together, that's the best way of finishing a project. No offence intended, just stating a fact.
TRM... Well I have had ups and downs about his game, and I still have that file and I have to finish translating it. I still have to do 30% of it more or less. He has disappeared once again, I hope that when he comes back he will own us all. Apparently, before he left, he asked for spriters to help him replace his place holder sprites...
Invicibull had one of the best remakes too. Too bad production has stopped....

All in all, here's my top 5 :

- Knightmare
- Daz
- Jelleye
- Flash
- Trm - he started it all.

HoF : Might wanna add some download links in the first post, it would be really handy for new comers!
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2006, 02:14:35 pm »
  • :3
but I really think he is going to get overwhelmed by Knightmare's game.

Well I know Hyrule_boy in reallife he's my friend and I've seen him working on his projects like no one else ever. He is extremly dedictaded to all his projects. He's a skilled coder and he worked several times on his projects more then 6 hours a day non-stop! He wanted to make Ocarina of Time in GB style after he saw TRM's OOT2D. But then he wasn't ready to do it and till months ago he's ready to take this big project. I mean for example he's Kokiri Forest 25% done in 2 days! And I know for 100% that he not get overwhelmed by Knightmare. I actually think Knightmare will quit I mean he's already ages working on OOT-GB and he still got only done till the 1st spirtual stone done. And ofcourse it was cool to see he released a demo with Ghoma etc. But keep in mind that it was buggy as hell. I had to re-start it 5 times before I defeated Ghoma because all these bugs.
  • daniel-kun

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2006, 02:33:41 pm »
Hey I can I just say something? It's not going to upset anyone but if it does, sorry.

1- Doesn't matter how fast it takes to create, because remember, quality comes first

2- Why do we all argue about who's is better? If everyone wants the game maybe we should share the srpites, sound,etc

3- Fighting never gets anywhere (I know, I tried and lost 23 times to my dad!)
  • Phoenix Heart

Gilgamesh

« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2006, 02:37:30 pm »
Seeing how TRM's OoT2D didn't even have anything but a measily walking demo...
GO GO GO KNIGHTMARE.
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2006, 02:49:11 pm »
  • :3
Well I played a early demo from what he has done so far and its really good so far no bugs at all. And he works on his project always so hard to make it so good as possible with other words bug free and I can't say that about Knightmare.
  • daniel-kun
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2006, 10:33:05 pm »
  • :D
Holy crap I'm winning O_o
 :D

The reason I sort of slowed progress on Oot Gb is
because it seemed no one really cared about it much.
I played the demo a hundred times and it didn't seem
to glitchy to me (maybe that's just I knew how to avoid the glitches?)
Another reason for the slowness is I'm not an excellent spriter so I could use some
help with that.

Anyway, if everyone likes it so much maybe I should work harder on it?  :)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2006, 10:41:47 pm by Knightmare »
  • Knighty Games
« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2006, 10:35:05 pm »
  • Credits to BaB
but I really think he is going to get overwhelmed by Knightmare's game.

Well I know Hyrule_boy in reallife he's my friend and I've seen him working on his projects like no one else ever. He is extremly dedictaded to all his projects. He's a skilled coder and he worked several times on his projects more then 6 hours a day non-stop! He wanted to make Ocarina of Time in GB style after he saw TRM's OOT2D. But then he wasn't ready to do it and till months ago he's ready to take this big project. I mean for example he's Kokiri Forest 25% done in 2 days! And I know for 100% that he not get overwhelmed by Knightmare. I actually think Knightmare will quit I mean he's already ages working on OOT-GB and he still got only done till the 1st spirtual stone done. And ofcourse it was cool to see he released a demo with Ghoma etc. But keep in mind that it was buggy as hell. I had to re-start it 5 times before I defeated Ghoma because all these bugs.

At least he has posted a demo, that's more than I can say for Hyrule_boy. And I do not doubt his determination in making the game, but Knightmare is really much further in production. If you had read or quoted the whole post, you would have seen that I was hoping the two of them would work together, making the game at a much faster pace.

You are also saying that Knightmare has been working for ages on OoTGB and that he has only posted a demo with the first dungeon, well looking at all the screens he posted, he is way further than that, but only made a demo with Ghoma for the sake of it. And he needed to get all those bugs fixed, I can't tell if Hyrule_boy's game has bugs since I haven't played it.

Once again, I have nothing against Hyrule_boy, on the contrary, I'm beta-testing his remake of the first Zelda, and I'm very proud of doing that. I just wanted to point facts.

@Laigonaz : 1 - I totally agree with you, quality before quantity!
                  2 - That's why Ocarina Of Time 2D Community Project has been created!
                  3 - True, violence is not the way out of anything.

Finally, your last post Deku_Stick, I have never seen a demo with positively no bugs on a first release. I hope Hyrule_boy will prove me wrong!

bran371

« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2006, 11:10:44 pm »
I played the demo a hundred times and it didn't seem
to glitchy to me (maybe that's just I knew how to avoid the glitches?)
I never got any glitches either actually. Though I only played it twice.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.314 seconds with 80 queries.

anything