Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: [Submission]Lithe and the Kompus  (Read 8717 times)

[Submission]Lithe and the Kompus
« on: January 10, 2013, 12:08:58 am »
  • Yeah, I don't even...
Name: Lithe
Location The region is Dependent on the Lunar Phase.(EG. Zora Domain during the first phase, Goron Mountain the second phase, Geruedo Desert the third phase, etc)
Race: Devil/Demon thingy Working on the new extinct race Idea.
Description: She likes to give satirical comments and likes to make fun of things. She dislikes Ganon, Octorocs and Kokiri. [/s]She has red hair, bluish-black bat wings, blueish-black horns, red eyes[/s], She wears clothing(Obviously).
She likes to make fun of things and can be a bit sarcastic at times. She greatly dislikes Ganondorf, and secretly hopes for his demise, yet doesn't actively seek a means for his distruction.

Links:
~She has lost alot of Kompus, and she wants them back as they can cause quite a bit of trouble.
She will offer to give link a reward depending on how many you get withing a set amount of time.

Also, if this is accepted I call dibs on her Concept Art.

Name:Kompu
Location:Same region as Lithe, so it's dependant on the lunar cycle.
Some of them are found roaming around hyrule. They only are findable after you  talk to Lithe, and agree to help her catch her Kompus.
Description:White fluffy creatures with eyes, ears, legs and a tail. They dislike being near people in general and like to cause trouble. When ever link approches them, while they are looking at him, they will run away, so he has to sneak up on them and grab them. If link corners one if he doesn't grab it quick enough, it'll knock him down and procede to get away from you. You pick them up like pots and such.

I also call the Kompu Concept art since it goes with Lithe.
Changelog:(I'm using international format because not everyone is from the US)
12-2-13:Some minor strike outs till I get my ideas together on the extinct new race idea.
17-1-13: Quick removal of plot connection.
16-1-13~C:Simplification Again
16-1-13~B:Simplification.(Since Star said she felt it was adding too mch to the game with alot of features)
16-1-13:Adorable Fluffy Thingys that you must collect.
15-1-13:Massive changes(Removed Companion, Changed to normal NPC)
10-1-13~B: OMGWALLOFTEXTMUSTFIX
10-1-13~A: Added in the basic origins and her motives.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 04:48:45 pm by Kami »
Re: [Submission]Lithe
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 03:36:14 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
Could you develop her personality a bit more?  As well as where she comes from (like, how she gets paired up with Link.  Does it happen before the game, during the game, etc)

i love big weenies and i cannot lie

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 03:41:43 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
I agree with Steve! I think this has potential and could use some development.

Just throwing it out there. Once the concept art is done, I'm totally fanarting the crap out of this character. I love her so far.
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 12:17:46 am »
  • Yeah, I don't even...
Character Developement Initiated(Meaning I have more stuff in the main post)
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2013, 07:06:48 pm »
  • It's just Max.
I think the biggest thing to be careful of here is plot holes. If she knows Ganon is evil, why doesn't she tell Link? Also, if Link is persuaded of Ganon's malicious intents by someone other than Zelda, what's Zelda doing in the plot anyway, it takes away most of her purpose?

But a companion like this does have a lot of potential to kind of speak for Link, so we can have plot things like, Link begins to doubt Ganon, which is difficult to convey without text, so a companion could help there.
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2013, 08:46:28 pm »
She could just have a lack of trust towards Ganondorf and see him as a shady character.

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2013, 09:42:57 pm »
  • Yeah, I don't even...
I think the biggest thing to be careful of here is plot holes. If she knows Ganon is evil, why doesn't she tell Link? Also, if Link is persuaded of Ganon's malicious intents by someone other than Zelda, what's Zelda doing in the plot anyway, it takes away most of her purpose?

But a companion like this does have a lot of potential to kind of speak for Link, so we can have plot things like, Link begins to doubt Ganon, which is difficult to convey without text, so a companion could help there.
In neik's zelda topic it never said she reveals that he is evil, but just reveils suspicions, so it doesn't conflict with it. It could be that they both occasionally speak of they're suspicions. Also, she doesn't tell link because she needs him to be taught by someone.(And she follows the keep your enemies closer philosophy, so it allows her to keep an eye on Ganon; so her plan doesn't fail and so that link will be able to atempt to stop him once link is worthy/ready to use the master sword to beat ganon.)Also I don't think you'd tell a young teenager that he has to fight a near immortal demonic god, that'd probably make him !@#$% himself, since he'd obviously wouldn't be ready at the time.
I hope I'm not rambling on and/or making no sense.
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2013, 11:56:31 pm »
Yea I'm not really following you lol.  Could you try and explain that in different terms?

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2013, 12:49:08 am »
  • Yeah, I don't even...
Is this any better? I reworded it:

In Niek's topic for the zelda character, it is never stated tht she tells link that ganon's evil, but only reviels her suspicions. Meaning this sofar doesn't conflict with the story. I think that Lithe could give link the final push into believing gannon's evil, it wouldn't make Zelda's role of less importance.

The reason Lithe doesn't tell link about ganon's bad intentions is that; one if you'd tell a young teenager, with no combat experiance and without even a sword, that he'd have to fight a near-immortal demon god, he'd most likely !@#$% himself, and that'd wouldn't help a thing. And that link needs to learn how to figt in order to actually be able to attempt to defeat Ganon. Two, since link starts an apprenticeship with Ganon she finds it alot easier to keep an eye on him, allowing her to make changes to her plan if neccisary. She also knows Link needs to get be worthy and skilled enough to wield the Master Sword, before even trying to stop Ganon.
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2013, 08:29:27 pm »
What I put in the Zelda topic was more of a summary pertaining Zelda, what was taken over from the previous KoT itteration. We are currently working on the story, which means that concerning main characters things may change a bit.

Hmm, I have to agree with the rest in that it is an interesting character. However I don't think it will work in this game with what is already accepted.

1) I don't think this game needs a companion character. It seems to be the trend in Zelda games these days, but games like ALttP, LoZ, AoL, LA, OOS and OOA didn't need it either. And they were better off without companions.
2) She seems to do some stuff that is already with accepted entries and main characters, such as the fortune-telling sisters, Ganon and even Zelda. It kind of seems double.
3) If she is a companion she would be a major character and would be involved in the main plot. This also means that relations between her, Ganon, Maple and the ancient hero need to be drawn up. And we just got with some discussion the overarcing plot done. I'm not eager to revise that. She would also need to be introduced early on in the game.

The character is interesting. I just don't think it is interesting as a companion. I see it more in the likes as Batreaux from SS, a character that connects side-quests or a character that Link will come across during the main plot in the Zora, Goron, Sheikah or Gerudo areas. But not a character that stays with him during the entire game.

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2013, 08:37:18 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
Actually, Niek has a point: we have the fortune telling sisters and other characters that help Link in a companion-like way. Equally I'm not 100% sure how I feel about the companion being a demon...I don't know, this is a Zelda universe: if we did have a companion, having it as a demon kind of sticks out as a "oh this is kinda too evil" kind of way. It just doesn't really fit.
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2013, 09:28:56 pm »
  • Yeah, I don't even...
Ehhh, guess that's true.

@Niek, That seems like a better choice, let me tweek change the OP to fix those issues and make it along the lines of your suggestion.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 09:31:01 pm by Kami »
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2013, 10:01:29 pm »
Changelog:(I'm using international format because not everyone is from the US)
15-1-12:Massive changes
10-1-12~B: OMGWALLOFTEXTMUSTFIX
10-1-12~A: Added in the basic origins and her motives.
Hmm, either my clock is 1 year ahead or you are 1 year late, Kami  :P
Re: [Submission]Lithe and the Kompus
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2013, 10:17:27 pm »
  • Yeah, I don't even...
I had an idea, so I finished this revision.

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2013, 10:23:40 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
Ehhhhh. I'm not sure I like it :\. I feel like this is simply adding more features when we already have a lot.
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2013, 01:00:30 am »
  • Yeah, I don't even...
I'm a little unsure of what you mean by features, could you explain what you mean a little bit.

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2013, 01:06:22 am »
  • www.mouffers.com
Everything *new* that we add technically to the game is called a feature. Not only is the companion a new feature, but so is the Kompu stuff. Both require some time to develop the functionality required. I just feel like we have enough gameplay mechanics in the game as it is. Adding an enemy isn't too bad. Adding a regular NPC is equally not so bad. However, this requires two or more new gameplay features. I don't know, for now I wouldn't accept this considering we already have a lot and need to get the core gameplay coded. This is mostly from a technical point of view. If we ever want the game to be finished one day, we need to start limiting features now.

Don't be discouraged though, it wasn't a bad idea.
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2013, 04:48:56 am »
  • It's just Max.
As far as plot stuff goes, we're gonna be pretty reluctant to accept something as relevant as "she has the recipe for the cure for the gorons" at this point. I'm also personally against that because I think the cure shouldn't come from an outside the main plot source, but that's not exactly pertinent.

Anyway, I like the sheep catching idea for a minigame, and maybe that's where this can find its niche?
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2013, 04:55:02 pm »
  • Yeah, I don't even...
I'm not sure if I should just leave this alone for now, or do what max said with the minigame.
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2013, 08:04:37 pm »
  • Yeah, I don't even...
So I've made a few minor changes, and I've decided to go with Max's suggestion on the minigame. So I'm going to go make a proper minigame sub thread.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.427 seconds with 77 queries.