Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: HEART GOLD/SOUL SILVER ROLL CALL  (Read 26276 times)

Re: HEART GOLD/SOUL SILVER ROLL CALL
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2010, 08:53:21 pm »
The poké-whatus? What the hell is that? And more important, what function does it serve?
« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2010, 08:57:59 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
You transfer your pokemon to it, and you can use it for Mystery Gift, and as you walk the pedometer ticks and the pokemon inside gets XP...

Yeeeaaah -_- Wonder how many teenage boys are going to tie this to their wrists, if you know what I mean
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 09:01:42 pm by TheDarkJay »

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2010, 09:02:27 pm »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
It's a pedometer that you can transfer a Pokemon on to, to train them whilst you walk everywhere. Granted, you can move it back and forth to cheat and get them high-leveled, but meh.

And... TDJ? There is so much wrong with you.

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios
« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2010, 09:07:34 pm »
So it is something like the day care, but instead of your game character it is I that has to do the walking. Well good idea for quick level up, but that is so boring. Level grinding is the true way to get high level Pokemon fast. Otherwise I would tie the pokewalker to the dog's leash and let him chase balls all day. No need to tire myself out.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2010, 09:10:07 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
It's a pedometer that you can transfer a Pokemon on to, to train them whilst you walk everywhere. Granted, you can move it back and forth to cheat and get them high-leveled, but meh.

And... TDJ? There is so much wrong with you.

It couldn't possibly be cheating, since if you get one at lvl 100 from the walker, and you verse another of the same breed also at lvl 100 that was levelled legitimately, you'll lose 100% of the time. EV's my friend, EV's.

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2010, 09:14:17 pm »
Or you can, like I said, move it back and forth to mimic the walking motion. Or put it on in the morning, do your daily routine, and at night check. You probably walk a lot more than you realize!

• Mirby Studios

Ryuza

That one guy
« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2010, 09:16:50 pm »
  • RyuKage2007
I had it in my pocket before going to work (8 hour shift) when I finished I checked it and had about 16000 steps O_O, lot more than I thought I'd have.
<- Koholint Island - MC Style  <- Link's Awakening Photo Recolors  <- Wind Waker 3D Resources <- Super Mario Bros Crossover
  • RyuKage2007's Youtube

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2010, 09:26:53 pm »
See, my point exactly. You'd be amazed!

• Mirby Studios

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2010, 09:45:43 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
:P It's still somewhat pointless to put a pokemon you intend to use in there though. You don't get any Effort Values for it. It's basically cutting your pokemon's potential down to about 1/3rd the amount of stats he could have. Although; it is VERY good for things like items, and using it on pokemon you don't intend to battle with.
« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2010, 09:53:23 pm »
yeah, leveling for evolutions to fill the pokedex or something like that.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2010, 10:12:48 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
Indeed

I wonder if you get the benefits of trading when you transfer back and forth (IE evolutions). I should try it out on my graveller.

Ryuza

That one guy
« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2010, 10:15:58 pm »
  • RyuKage2007
yeah, leveling for evolutions to fill the pokedex or something like that.
That's exactly what I've been using it for, more specifically the happiness evolutions since they gain happiness from walking too (or so I've heard).

I wonder if you get the benefits of trading when you transfer back and forth (IE evolutions). I should try it out on my graveller.

That'd be really cool, would make things a whole lot easier, let me know if it works.
<- Koholint Island - MC Style  <- Link's Awakening Photo Recolors  <- Wind Waker 3D Resources <- Super Mario Bros Crossover
  • RyuKage2007's Youtube
« Reply #52 on: March 19, 2010, 01:21:27 am »
  • 虫めづる姫君
:P It's still somewhat pointless to put a pokemon you intend to use in there though. You don't get any Effort Values for it. It's basically cutting your pokemon's potential down to about 1/3rd the amount of stats he could have.

That's only if you never EV train it.  You could use the Pokéwalker to get your pokémon up to level 99, then EV train it, then reach level 100 and get full EV benefits.

btw, EVs only add 127 stat points.  That's a lot less than 2/3 of the max stats of almost any pokémon.  :P
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 01:40:08 am by Shefali »

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #53 on: March 19, 2010, 01:24:59 am »
  • www.mouffers.com
My bf just caught a Kangaskhan and a Magby on his Pokewalker and he's not at the second gym yet.
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART
« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2010, 02:13:33 am »
  • And if they dont dance, they're no friend of mine
:P It's still somewhat pointless to put a pokemon you intend to use in there though. You don't get any Effort Values for it. It's basically cutting your pokemon's potential down to about 1/3rd the amount of stats he could have.

That's only if you never EV train it.  You could use the Pokéwalker to get your pokémon up to level 99, then EV train it, then reach level 100 and get full EV benefits.

btw, EVs only add 127 stat points.  That's a lot less than 2/3 of the max stats of almost any pokémon.  :P

True, but it still makes a huge difference.

Art by Kyuumu, banner by me
Screw this, im off to Hogwarts...

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2010, 02:40:04 am »
  • ^Not actually me.

btw, EVs only add 127 stat points.  That's a lot less than 2/3 of the max stats of almost any pokémon.  :P

^This.

It's the difference between a "!@#$% pokemon" and a "good pokemon" :P It's the whole basis behind the whole series being based on "training with love"; the idea that the more you work with a pokemon personally, the stronger it will be. If you've never EV trained a lvl 99 pokemon, and then you train from 99 to 100, you're still missing out on a lot of potential stat points if you're not planning on sitting there for HOURS on weak ass pokemon :P. Also it's 510 maximum, 255 per stat :P

Going off of Bulbapedia, you'd have to defeat 631 Mew at 100 EV apiece to max out your stats. That's a lot of effort for the "effort" :P
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 02:41:54 am by Mamoruoekaki »
« Reply #56 on: March 19, 2010, 03:06:59 am »
  • 虫めづる姫君
Mammy, you've convinced me that you have no idea how EVs work.

That's only if you never EV train it.  You could use the Pokéwalker to get your pokémon up to level 99, then EV train it, then reach level 100 and get full EV benefits.

^This.

I'm not saying EVs aren't important, I was just correcting you on what fraction of a pokémon's stats is gained from EVs.

If you've never EV trained a lvl 99 pokemon, and then you train from 99 to 100, you're still missing out on a lot of potential stat points if you're not planning on sitting there for HOURS on weak ass pokemon :P.

If you properly EV train your pokémon, you're not missing out on any potential stat points, regardless of what level you started training it.

Also it's 510 maximum, 255 per stat

FOUR EV points = ONE stat point.  So when your pokémon reaches it's maximum 510 EVs, that means it gets 127 actual stat points from those EVs, not 510 stat points.

Going off of Bulbapedia, you'd have to defeat 631 Mew at 100 EV apiece to max out your stats. That's a lot of effort for the "effort"

I have no !@#$% idea what you're trying to say here.  You'd never have to fight 631 of anything because you only need 510 EVs, and you should be fighting pokémon that give up more than 1 EV.

If you're training with the Macho Brace and fighting pokémon that give 2 EVs, that means you get 4.  Four EVs per fight means you only have to fight 127.5 pokémon to get your maximum 510 EVs.
« Reply #57 on: March 19, 2010, 03:11:59 am »
  • And if they dont dance, they're no friend of mine
If you're training with the Macho Brace and fighting pokémon that give 2 EVs, that means you get 4.  Four EVs per fight means you only have to fight 127.5 pokémon to get your maximum 510 EVs.

or if you use a power item, you'd get 6 EVs.

Art by Kyuumu, banner by me
Screw this, im off to Hogwarts...

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #58 on: March 19, 2010, 03:16:37 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Mammy, you've convinced me that you have no idea how EVs work.

btw, EVs only add 127 stat points.  That's a lot less than 2/3 of the max stats of almost any pokémon.  :P

^This.

I'm not saying EVs aren't important, I was just correcting you on what fraction of a pokémon's stats is gained from EVs.

If you've never EV trained a lvl 99 pokemon, and then you train from 99 to 100, you're still missing out on a lot of potential stat points if you're not planning on sitting there for HOURS on weak ass pokemon :P.

If you properly EV train your pokémon, you're not missing out on any potential stat points, regardless of what level you started training it.

Also it's 510 maximum, 255 per stat

FOUR EV points = ONE stat point.  So when your pokémon reaches it's maximum 510 EVs, that means it gets 127 actual stat points from those EVs, not 510 stat points.

Going off of Bulbapedia, you'd have to defeat 631 Mew at 100 EV apiece to max out your stats. That's a lot of effort for the "effort"

I have no !@#$% idea what you're trying to say here.  You'd never have to fight 631 of anything because you only need 510 EVs, and you should be fighting pokémon that give up more than 1 EV.

If you're training with the Macho Brace and fighting pokémon that give 2 EVs, that means you get 4.  Four EVs per fight means you only have to fight 127.5 pokémon to get your maximum 510 EVs.

They changed a lot since gen 1; my last part was going strictly off of Bulbapedia on Gen 1 EVs.

Exact quote:

When a Pokémon is defeated, its base stats are converted to effort points and then added to the EVs. For example, defeating a Mew grants 100 effort points to each EV. (Defeating 631 Mew, therefore, will give a Pokémon maximum EVs in each stat.)

I didn't realize that Gen 3 (which I never played) changed EV's a bit by making them their own *in data* value.

I should also note; a quote from Gen 3 EV on Bulbapedia:

Pokémon are limited to a total of 255 effort points per stat, and 510 effort points in total. Maximum stats will be reached with only 252 EVs in a stat, however.

I tend to trust Bulbapedia as they've done nothing but sift through the data structures of the games to get their information :P

EDIT: Apparently I misread your first post D:! I just got home from work. I read "btw, EVs only add 127 stat points." as "btw, EVs max out at 127 stat points" thinking you were referring to the total number of EVs maximum per stat :x
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 03:26:09 am by Mamoruoekaki »
« Reply #59 on: March 19, 2010, 03:27:20 am »
  • 虫めづる姫君
Everything I said was based on my knowledge of EVs from gen 3, which should be the same in gen 4.  You were talking about gen 1 which is a completely different system, and also one I don't understand because I never played the original games.  O:

Bottom line is you're still wrong about the Pokéwalker.  ;P

** You will not miss any potential stat points by making your pokémon gain any amount of levels before EV training it. **

The only way you wont reach full potential is if you never EV train before level 100.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 03:43:31 am by Shefali »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.623 seconds with 77 queries.