Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gamemaker Help  (Read 903 times)

Gamemaker Help
« on: September 08, 2006, 12:59:58 am »
  • Elbows deep within the borderline.
Ok, I've been trying to do this for an hour, and I finnaly gave in to going to someone else for help. Ok, my question is, wehn I'm in Gamemaker, and I've got my object, which is a sprite person I made, I've got it on the press key option, so when I press the down arrow key I go forward. Ok, so I got it set where the person will move when I push the keys, but they only move like all still, and my real question is, how do I make it where when I push the arrow key, they move, but their legs move too, like the right leg go's forward and then their left, so it actually looks like their walking. Thanks in advance guys!

~W2Link1~
And the world rolls on...

Goodnight

Once and future Captain
Re: Gamemaker Help
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2006, 01:36:08 am »
  • With a Capital G
1. Make a sprite for walking, that was multiple subimages (frames). You can do this by either loading an animated .gif, or clicking the "Edit Sprite" button and adding new frames yourself.

2. Change the object's sprite to this when you're holding the key.

3. Make sure that the image_speed is greater than 0, and the frame number (image_index) isn't constantly being set to the same number when you're holding the key. I forget how the D&D works, but if there's an option for frame or subimage number when you change sprites, set it to -1. This means "default" and will keep the sprite animating like normal.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 42 queries.