Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Twilight Princess GB  (Read 8967 times)

Re: Twilight Princess GB
« Reply #60 on: February 18, 2007, 06:04:35 pm »
* Bboy94 has had most of the words taken out of his mouth.
It is a waste of time, name one good game you have made. One.
I am not against re-makes, if there is an OoT2D and if someone made TP2D, I would certainly play them. But really at least, wait a few years, so that we know all the secrets of TP, you have more experience etc. I am sorry if I seem impolite, but I'm just trying to save you time and embarresment.
Why the hell do people even like the GB style? It's undetailed, and it basically sucks for fan games.
Why the hell do people even like the alttp style? It's over used, and it sucks for fan games.
It is overused, but it is easy to sprite, like GBC, but still attractive and detailed, with good use of color.
give you a month before you see how much work you have to put into doing this and give up, and you will give up, probably sooner than later.
I give 'im a week.
« Reply #61 on: February 18, 2007, 06:21:02 pm »
i doubt anyone will want to play a tp2d anyway, its only been out for a couple of months
the prospect of replaying a remake with a lower level of quality so soon after playing the original simply bores me.
At your current level, you wouldn't even stand a chance trying to make this, anyone who's being "polite" as you put it are doing more harm then good.  You deserve anything that's thrown at you for making this topic.
« Reply #62 on: February 18, 2007, 06:33:36 pm »
Lol...
What happened to this then?
http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=13505.0
and this...
http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=12326.0

I suggest you make something, more than a walking engine, even with some sprites that dont match just to show you can do something, then people may help you out ^^

PS:Hope you listen to what people tell you and use it, Good luck!
This is an english website, please speak it.
l0l wut? o_0
« Reply #63 on: February 18, 2007, 06:42:30 pm »
  • Loopier than a bowl of Cheerios
Malonfan, we're not being impolite we're being realistic. there is no way on gods green earth that you will succeed with this project, its too big and too unrealistic considering you haven't actually got any real programming experience. This is not a good place to start. I doubt anyone will ever complete a remake of TP2D and even if they did I certainly wouldnt play it. its in several peoples signature: taking away the 3rd dimension from games specifically designed to be 3D they loose things in the transition, examples:

*spoilers dont read if you haven't played twilight princess*
Have you thought for example how the White water rafting will work? the upside-down puzzles in the goron mines? the Argarok boss battle? the horseback battles? Or how about even simple stuff like the wind boomerang hm? how the heck do you intend on making that work in 2D without it sucking?

You really haven't thought this through..not only is it beyond your limited *read: none* capablities but TP2D would just suck beyond belief.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2007, 06:44:22 pm by Uppy »

« Reply #64 on: February 18, 2007, 06:49:45 pm »
  • Fight the Power
i doubt anyone will want to play a tp2d anyway, its only been out for a couple of months
the prospect of replaying a remake with a lower level of quality so soon after playing the original simply bores me.
At your current level, you wouldn't even stand a chance trying to make this, anyone who's being "polite" as you put it are doing more harm then good.  You deserve anything that's thrown at you for making this topic.
I'm doing no harm, but if he makes like half tp and half custom it wouldn't be that bad, that is, in a few years.

Currently Listening to: Mos Def - Summertime
« Reply #65 on: February 18, 2007, 06:53:42 pm »
Warning

As this topic is just turning into repetative member bashing I'm going to give you a brief warn to cease repetiton of afor mentioned points and to moderate your rudeness and preferably learn to use tact; else I will be forced to lock this topic.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2007, 06:57:16 pm by Infinitus »

Fox

Turnbeutelvergesser since 1988.
« Reply #66 on: February 18, 2007, 07:11:06 pm »
Why is everybody so rude? Give him a chanse to prove that he is good enough. If it don't work, he will stop then.

Ordon: http://www.zeldalegacy.net/zelda13/gcmaps/ordona.jpg
Faron: http://www.zeldalegacy.net/zelda13/gcmaps/faron.jpg

Thanks! You and ChuChu and Darunia are the only polite ones here...and Infinitus.   ;D

It's about being realistic, son. You have big ideas but they won't work out. They just won't. Sorry. Just try something smaller. TP is pretty much the biggest frickin Zelda game released. How do you even THINK you will finish even ONE area?

Want to make bets you won't? :3

Fan + Game = DRAMA!

Fixed. If it was only about fun then actual work... oh god. After 10 years, we'd probably have a walking demo with glitches, imperfect sprites etc. Now, THAT's something to go for. :D
  • Me on deviantART
« Reply #67 on: February 18, 2007, 07:14:08 pm »
  • Loopier than a bowl of Cheerios
I certainly wasn't member bashing O.o lol. (a brief aside: is it just me or does that sound rude....man I'm glad the reputation thing isn't still here cos my opinion would get me -1000)

I was just being realistic and trying to help. gotta be cruel to be kind and all that...
If he wants to try his hand at a Zelda thats great but I think it would be wrong for people to encourage him to do something that is going to be too difficult and make him feel stupid and inadequate.

My ultimate suggestion to he would be to go and start something alittle smaller. when he learns the skills required to take on such a huge project then again that is his prerogative.

If he needs any help learning Gamemaker I am willing to help and I'm sure so are many others here at zfgc.

I encourage people to challenge themselves. I don't encourage them to waste their time.

If this message violates Infinitus' warning delete it...there is no need to close this topic. :)

« Reply #68 on: February 18, 2007, 07:34:39 pm »
Its not you Uppy, its just the cumulative effect of most of these posts - All of them are just repeating the same message over and over again mostly getting ruder each time.

I don't have a problem with people trying to explain to him the difficulty of this task - Its just that most of the messages are pretty tactless, insensitive and some are down right rude.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2007, 07:36:16 pm by Infinitus »
« Reply #69 on: February 18, 2007, 07:42:26 pm »
give us an example of your coding skills and such. just make up a map, you don't need theese maps that you're going on about.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 54 queries.

anything