Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: My Game Maker 7 rant!  (Read 15880 times)

Re: My Game Maker 7 rant!
« Reply #100 on: October 16, 2007, 12:55:05 am »
the wii is very difficult to develop for? thats unlike nintendo
unless it's just the design factor of using the controller correctly that makes it more difficult
True, using analytic trigonometry in 3 dimensions isn't something easy, I suppose. Plus adapting all the possible movements of the controller to the 3D models without any bugs.
« Reply #101 on: October 16, 2007, 01:02:06 am »
the wii is very difficult to develop for? thats unlike nintendo
unless it's just the design factor of using the controller correctly that makes it more difficult
True, using analytic trigonometry in 3 dimensions isn't something easy, I suppose. Plus adapting all the possible movements of the controller to the 3D models without any bugs.
That's why if you made a game not using the movement detection, you'd use the classic controller.
I agree that developing games for the Wiimote is probably difficult.  But, I also  read a year or so back that the Wii is the one of the most developer friendly systems, hence some of the !@#$% games that come out for it.
I don't think development would be hard for the Classic controller, though.
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #102 on: October 16, 2007, 01:40:41 am »
  • 笑い男
yeah, i have always heard that nintendo's consoles are the easiest to develop for

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World
« Reply #103 on: October 16, 2007, 04:16:10 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
Though if you just develop for one I suspect it makes things a world easier than the computers which vary so much in specs.
Not necessarily, Wii and PS3 are VERY difficult to develop for, and PCs allow much more flexibility and choice than the 360.

I prefer new games to come out of the 360, because I always look at them and my PC barely makes the Minimum requirements, so with the 360 I can be pretty sure
1) The quality will be high
2) I'll be able to run it without it jittering around like !@#$%.

With a PC game errors can be caused by anything from Game code to your graphics card.

With the 360 the only real errors (ignoring the red ring of death I've only seen when I accidentally blocked the fan) I've seen are caused by code glitches.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #104 on: October 16, 2007, 04:29:54 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
agreed ^

PS3 and Wii are horribly difficult to dev for (well PS3 I know for sure; Wii not entirely positive; havent attempted); thing with PC and Xbox360 though... is that games you make for the PC in C# you can port to the 360 with *minimal code changes. If you code with XNA, you have all of the appropriate drawing references, so it can be completely cross-compatible, nearly tripling your userbase; that can be particularly useful from a business standpoint :P... but I personally prefer to dev for the 360 and see where it goes from there before doing a true PC version of whatever game I'm creating. Simply because well; with the 360, you know what everybody has in it'. theres no room for hardware issues, whereas with PC users... bah whole realm of hurt
« Reply #105 on: October 16, 2007, 11:02:11 pm »
Stop ass raping my topic with crap that's not relative to Game Maker!
« Reply #106 on: October 16, 2007, 11:53:09 pm »
  • 笑い男
I thought topic changing was the rule on forums?
You just want to talk about how much you hate GM then? How horrible D:

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World
« Reply #107 on: October 16, 2007, 11:58:25 pm »
  • w00t
Stop ass raping my topic with crap that's not relative to Game Maker!
And stop reporting 5 different people at once.  One or two reports would have easily gotten the job done.

Regardless, it's a forum.  You've already got several pages of discussion, which is much more than most topics get.  It's not a big deal if topics stray away from the main point sometimes. 

Yes, it would be best to stay on-topic, but I'm not going to delete the other posts just because they're not about Game Maker hating.
What do you mean I need a life?  =P  Hm... Lives... Isn't that something that you get in Super Mario Bros?  You know, those green mushrooms?  That's a life, right?

My one and only fangame, Link Maze, may be viewed at http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=82.0
  • Link Maze - Zelda mini fangame
« Reply #108 on: October 19, 2007, 02:48:57 am »
I thought topic changing was the rule on forums?
You just want to talk about how much you hate GM then? How horrible D:
I don't hate game maker at all, I just dislike Game Maker 7 And if you guys want to debate so badly about C++ etc then make your own !@#$% topic.

Thank you!

@dantheman: I don't care if a topic of mine has allot posts. And I didn't ask you to delete the off-topic posts. All I ask is that people just contribute to the subject or just let the topic die in peace. Then instead of ass raping it over and over with things that are not related to Game Maker at all.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2007, 02:51:20 am by Hyrule_boy »

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #109 on: October 19, 2007, 05:13:47 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
<_< geez, we were only offering alternatives to GM7; which stayed relevant to the thread. It wouldn't last this many pages if everyone just posted "Yeah, GM7 sucks" without it being spammy; so we were offering constructive advice on alternatives and offering information on those alternatives <_<.

And; you cant really constructively "contribute" (rules) to a subject that's sole intent is to complain about something; its not really possible without posting the things we did.

On topic (<_<).-
BTW I hate GM. I think. Though I'm actively making a tool to use with GM6/7. or something. It should die and go to the bog of eternal stench forever.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2007, 05:19:36 am by Mamoruanime »
« Reply #110 on: October 19, 2007, 09:14:57 am »
It should die and go to the bog of eternal stench forever.
Just because there's better, doesn't mean it should die.
the a o d c

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #111 on: October 19, 2007, 09:18:02 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
:( okay well I dont mean the die part then... but still... <_< if you even step one foot into the bog of eternal stench... you will stink FOREVER! on a side note; GM will either get 20000x better thanks to YoYo or it will get progressively worse with each build.
« Reply #112 on: October 19, 2007, 12:33:16 pm »
  • 笑い男
GM's been a very awesome tool, but I'm going past it now.
I keep saying to myself that this project I'm working on will be my last major one with GM. Especially when I see stuff lagging for no reason except for it's inefficiency >_<

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World
« Reply #113 on: October 20, 2007, 04:12:14 am »
agreed ^

PS3 and Wii are horribly difficult to dev for (well PS3 I know for sure; Wii not entirely positive; havent attempted); thing with PC and Xbox360 though... is that games you make for the PC in C# you can port to the 360 with *minimal code changes. If you code with XNA, you have all of the appropriate drawing references, so it can be completely cross-compatible, nearly tripling your userbase; that can be particularly useful from a business standpoint :P... but I personally prefer to dev for the 360 and see where it goes from there before doing a true PC version of whatever game I'm creating. Simply because well; with the 360, you know what everybody has in it'. theres no room for hardware issues, whereas with PC users... bah whole realm of hurt
C# is Windows only for the most part.
It should die and go to the bog of eternal stench forever.
Just because there's better, doesn't mean it should die.
It's proprietary, so it deserves to die.
« Reply #114 on: October 20, 2007, 10:24:35 am »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
...dammit he's insulting himself with his avatar and personal text!
WE CAN'T HARM HIM!

In my own words: A persons choice to create proprietary, and a persons choice to use it.

After all, do you think a less-computer-savvy person knows how to even find Open Source/'Free' software that is good enough and easy enough to use? Proprietary helps out those that don't know how to help themselves :P Remove it, and odds are a lot of PC users would get really confused and disappear XD
« Last Edit: October 20, 2007, 10:26:33 am by TheDarkJay »
« Reply #115 on: October 23, 2007, 01:04:29 am »
  • w00t
@dantheman: I don't care if a topic of mine has allot posts. And I didn't ask you to delete the off-topic posts. All I ask is that people just contribute to the subject or just let the topic die in peace. Then instead of ass raping it over and over with things that are not related to Game Maker at all.
Then why bother reporting the post if you don't want us to do anything to the existing posts?  We can't change what people post, we can only clean up after them if they screw up.

Here's a good quote from another forum I modified slightly for the situation:
"Fighting against what other people think and say is like banging your head against an unbreakable wall. The wall doesn't care, probably doesn't even notice you, and all you end up with is a headache."
What do you mean I need a life?  =P  Hm... Lives... Isn't that something that you get in Super Mario Bros?  You know, those green mushrooms?  That's a life, right?

My one and only fangame, Link Maze, may be viewed at http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=82.0
  • Link Maze - Zelda mini fangame
« Reply #116 on: October 25, 2007, 02:34:21 am »
...dammit he's insulting himself with his avatar and personal text!
WE CAN'T HARM HIM!

In my own words: A persons choice to create proprietary, and a persons choice to use it.

After all, do you think a less-computer-savvy person knows how to even find Open Source/'Free' software that is good enough and easy enough to use? Proprietary helps out those that don't know how to help themselves :P Remove it, and odds are a lot of PC users would get really confused and disappear XD
Me or HB?

You have to tell them. XD
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.112 seconds with 68 queries.