Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hyrule Town Interiors  (Read 61915 times)

Re: Hyrule Town Interiors
« Reply #200 on: November 30, 2015, 11:43:40 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
ok great!  I'm gonna start this then with vaulting and tight rope walking.  Those should be the easiest.  In the meanwhile, Max, is there anything else being added to Goron Mountain?

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
« Reply #201 on: December 01, 2015, 12:56:47 am »
  • It's just Max.
Cool. Do you have the sprites for vaulting? I remember doing them once a long time ago but I don't think I made a sheet. I totally forgot about that as a thief skill, it's another thing that hasn't really been worked into the designs. I figure it'll just be over particular walls?

I've got a tiny bit more to add to Goron Mountain, yeah. Shouldn't take long. I can work in a narrow ledge or two to strafe along, also, going along with thief techniques. I'll see if I can knock that out tonight.

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #202 on: December 01, 2015, 01:09:28 am »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
Vaulting, as in pole-vaulting?
Which means, Link is going to receive a pole as an item, so that he can do it, right?

...Deku Sticks, anyone?
I was talking to my friend last night, and he was mentioning about how in 1980, he thought the internet would become this amazing place where people from across the world would share ideas. I was telling him about how this project [KOT] has worked, lurching along for years and drawn by different people from across the globe, and he thought it was beautiful. And he was right, it's awesome. :D

Zelda Items Spritesheet album (OUT OF DATE) - (link here)
A Link Across Time project - (link here)
Boss Keys project (Metroid) - (link here)
Boss Keys project (Zelda) - (link here)
Boss Keys project Trello Board - (link here)
« Reply #203 on: December 01, 2015, 01:32:20 am »
  • It's just Max.
Vaulting as in regular vaulting, like jumping over a low wall. Link does acquire a pole as an item in the third dungeon, but that is for dancing ; )

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #204 on: December 01, 2015, 04:43:15 pm »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
Suddenly, I worry about this game's rating. :P
I was talking to my friend last night, and he was mentioning about how in 1980, he thought the internet would become this amazing place where people from across the world would share ideas. I was telling him about how this project [KOT] has worked, lurching along for years and drawn by different people from across the globe, and he thought it was beautiful. And he was right, it's awesome. :D

Zelda Items Spritesheet album (OUT OF DATE) - (link here)
A Link Across Time project - (link here)
Boss Keys project (Metroid) - (link here)
Boss Keys project (Zelda) - (link here)
Boss Keys project Trello Board - (link here)
« Reply #205 on: December 07, 2015, 03:59:46 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
I want to finish these out, but I have one big question.
WHERE IS THE TAYLOR SHOP ON THE OLD MARKET?!?
We worked on a tailor shop, which we didn´t settle which one it was. We had two different designs for that, one that I made, and one Max did. Both have a door on the LEFT wall, same as the cobbler shop on the slums. If we decided to use one of them for the old town, WHERE is the building??

I think Steve has already tiled it ingame, so its an issue.

I attached both mine and Max´s so you can see what I mean. And I believe we did settle for Max´s.
I also thought this ones were for the slums and not the old town.
Gale´s gallery
« Reply #206 on: December 07, 2015, 04:32:14 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
I worked of Gale´s gallery!
It is pretty straight forward, but if you guys want to add/remove something let me know!
« Reply #207 on: December 07, 2015, 04:41:03 pm »
  • It's just Max.
What might be confusing is that there are sort of two tailor shops in Hyrule Town. The one in old town is where Link goes to get his nice clothes, where he picks up the bracers. I did forget to mark that one on the map, my bad. It is in the central square, across from the cafe, just southwest of the Postage and Trading company.

The second tailor shop is the cobbler/tailor shop, in the slums. It's run by Bob and Ester, and you did start designing that one. However, we thought that design could be improved, I don't remember but I think some of the comments were that it looked too big and nice for a struggling business in the slums (like, maybe Bob should have one shelf of shoes, not five, maybe Ester should be selling fewer clothes and not have so many mannequins, maybe a less opulent carpet, perhaps a smaller store, etc.

So yeah, the tailor shop is done, but the cobbler/tailor for the slums still needs a little work.
« Reply #208 on: December 07, 2015, 04:49:51 pm »
  • It's just Max.
Oops, missed the Gallery. My first question is why is there a bed? Is it art?

I think it might be a little small to fully facilitate the sidequest with Ansel- when he takes his pictographs they'll be displayed on one of the walls, or perhaps all around the gallery, but among other art.

I think this space would really benefit from having other art- statues/sculptures, some paintings (there's some paintings of Valoo, Jabun, and the Deku tree that they made for Minish Cap but never used, I can try to find those for you). Maybe some weird installation art would be funny.

Another thing is you can put pretty much any sprite on a pedestal (or potted plants might work well), and there can be a funny disruptive plaque implying that it's art with a deep meaning. Like a plant labeled: "The Futility of Nature. Seed and Water on Soil."

Anyway, the walls look good and those frames work well for the photographs that eventually get taken.
« Reply #209 on: December 07, 2015, 04:59:32 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
My first question is why is there a bed? Is it art?
I thought Gale lived there also XD. I´ll take that out.
We can put whatever crazy art we can, and I like the funny disruptive plaque idea! We can also add little eastereggs and hints from other titles, the Valoo, Jabun and Deku tree paintings would be one.
« Reply #210 on: December 07, 2015, 07:22:24 pm »
  • It's just Max.
Here, the artwork for those three can be found down on this page:

https://tcrf.net/The_Legend_of_Zelda:_The_Minish_Cap

We'll have to put those into frames though, I think they're designed to go into stained glass windows. Pretty much any item or NPC could pretty easily be turned into a statue, just change the colors to stone colors. I think it'd be great if many/most of the art had jokes to go along with it, but let's not rely too heavily on references to other games.

It would also make sense if most of the art (other than Ansel's photos) was focused just on Hyrule Town and the Royalty and stuff. That would suit the personality of the rich folks in town, and would make Ansel's pictures from around Hyrule sort of groundbreaking.
Hyrule Town Interiors - Shooting gallery
« Reply #211 on: October 30, 2016, 12:25:04 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
Wow, long time since we worked on these XD
So I quickly made the shooting gallery just as it was described to me by Max a LONG time ago:

Quote from: Donotfeedthemax
Shooting Gallery/Ammo shop - Has a counter with ammo (bombs, arrows, Deku nuts) on shelves behind it. Over on the other side of the shop is a long-ish gallery, like a rectangle [] with ropes hanging across it and slots in the walls. Targets come out of the slots along the ropes so Link can shoot them in the shooting game.

No one has been working on this project lately, why is that?
« Reply #212 on: October 30, 2016, 02:17:35 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
Life has been busy unfortunately :( I'm also trying to work out a nasty bug in our map editor that's basically rendering it useless with certain graphics card drivers.  So a lot of my dev time has been spent there instead of actual game features.

I *am* hoping to get another playable release out by year end

EDIT: Also, there *is* another zfgc-related project being worked on internally (not a game though)

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 64 queries.