Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Everything's going to change now, isn't it Harry?  (Read 11274 times)

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
Re: Everything's going to change now, isn't it H...
« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2007, 10:06:38 pm »
  • Silly cat!
Like I said before, it is not wrong to have diversions.  However, the only way diversions work is if they exist at the same time as what they are diverting from.  So, do not look at z3 as the savior of this place and that we should spam to pass the time.  That only keeps the two separate.
I think this is probably the best post in this topic. I have nothing else to say because everything I would have said is in that very post. QFT.

Now go make some fangames ;p

Hoffy.
« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2007, 10:10:58 pm »
Like I said before, it is not wrong to have diversions.  However, the only way diversions work is if they exist at the same time as what they are diverting from.  So, do not look at z3 as the savior of this place and that we should spam to pass the time.  That only keeps the two separate.
I think this is probably the best post in this topic. I have nothing else to say because everything I would have said is in that very post. QFT.

If only a lot of us could make fan games :P They are definitely not easy to make. I doubt you guys want a forum full of crappy games that are too glitchy and would never be completed.

« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2007, 10:14:53 pm »
  • [sic]

If only a lot of us could make fan games :P They are definitely not easy to make. I doubt you guys want a forum full of crappy games that are too glitchy and would never be completed.
They're here, aren't they?
« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2007, 10:15:37 pm »

Its about productivity, not game play. :p

I'm so !@#$% busy (in my head at least) that I don't have the time to sit down and do one, in reality, i'm just too lazy. (as I work and deal with zfgc problems at the same time.. !@#$%.. i'm not supposed to even be on zfgc!)
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2007, 10:19:58 pm »
Again, like I said before, not everyone has to be a game maker.  It would be nice if people cared more about that section and brought more attention to it.  At least make the "gems" really stand out so people are inspired a little to try things for themselves.
« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2007, 10:21:21 pm »
  • Who's your favorite possum?
It's all about changing direction.  We don't want to stay the same, that's the point, isn't it?  And we're working on ideas.  But like the rest of the members, the staff too, is lazy.  Fortunately we still have people like Windy that'll get the job done.  z3's coming up soon... that should help too, along with some new contests we're going to be introducing.

You'll hear more announcements on that soon, but it's really all about changing the direction of the forum... that's the *reason* for the strictness.  I think that's what Vashy wants.  That's certainly what I want.
« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2007, 10:27:18 pm »
<3 possum
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2007, 10:38:21 pm »
Again, like I said before, not everyone has to be a game maker.  It would be nice if people cared more about that section and brought more attention to it.  At least make the "gems" really stand out so people are inspired a little to try things for themselves.

Well, not everyone has to be a game maker. Bringing attention to it doesn't seem to hard.
Sadly a lot of people may be like me, for some reason i lost interest in fan games. I just hope not a lot feel the same way. When you lose interest in something, it's hard to get that interest back.

« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2007, 10:43:11 pm »
But like the rest of the members, the staff too, is lazy.
Your just so kind aren't you :(.
« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2007, 10:47:35 pm »
lol quoted myself

I lost interest in ZFGC about a month ago, it suddenly came back yesterdayish. :p

Its hard to regain interest in something, the process, the design concept of fan game development has always interested me, I have ideas, I have tons of ideas for things, but making them is my hard part.. because my attention span is minimal, thus I never finish a programing book. (Though I hope to Finish my Ruby books :) ). With age and dedication I think I'll calm down.

We're not just about fan game development.. but there are all sorts of aspects to it.

- The Game Designers
- The Gamers
- The Artists
- The Programmers
- The Testers
- The people who bring more people to the forum to show them how !@#$% awesome something is.
- The people who like Zelda
- The people who hate zelda.
- The people who like gaming in general
- Random people who stop by (i so didn't mean bye).
- Trolls
- Fissure
- Asshats

Thats what makes up our community, and I think we're a pretty happy one for the most part. We're just loosing the people who want to design.. the games.. and make the games, I think all of us would rather play them then make them. *shrugs*. We'll figure it out, and get ourselves there.

Well, not everyone has to be a game maker. Bringing attention to it doesn't seem to hard.
Sadly a lot of people may be like me, for some reason i lost interest in fan games. I just hope not a lot feel the same way. When you lose interest in something, it's hard to get that interest back.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 10:49:17 pm by Andrew »
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2007, 10:56:18 pm »
  • b e p i s
I love game design and all of its elements; however, here, our serious coders and skilled people are either (A) not making fan games or (B) working on the site. Most of our fangames are unfortunately being designed by people who have no perseverance, patience, or, in some cases, skill.

I think more discussion about actual game making, and less about NEW DEMO SCREENSHOTS!!! ITEM ENGINE COMPLETED would help out the intelligence aspect of our community a lot. Like the articles on Binary Phoenix...those are intelligent reads about the art of game design, and it's something I think a lot of people could appreciate.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2007, 10:57:01 pm »
We're just loosing the people who want to design.. the games.. and make the games, I think all of us would rather play them then make them. *shrugs*. We'll figure it out, and get ourselves there.

I'm still here, just retired. Waiting patiently, for somebody to lunge out of the shadows and knock me off my ego. Cause right now...*points to the news box* I own the world of completed Zelda fan games.  XD

But yeah, I notice there isn't a lot of motivation to finish them. My topic was kept in a forum called "graveyard"...not very inspiring. It got very few comments, and even now with a finished piece, people give up within a few minutes of playing, if they even bother to try it in the first place. Sure hope they don't react the same way to pruchased games.

Is this rant even on topic anymore? Oh well, been meaning to say it.
The Legend of Zelda: Hall of the Dead
Complete and free Zelda fan game
http://dayjo.org/uncannyvisions/hotd.html
« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2007, 11:01:27 pm »
Yeah, I sometimes wish the old system was just there.

i'm not sure how site development is coming but honestly... If I had to choose whether to have competent.. games and programmers focusing on game productivity, or building a site, i'd shoot for the games. A site isn't really needed.. it would be cool and neat, but once its done we've got no content for it, because no one.. even does anything at that point.
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2007, 11:02:11 pm »
Yeah, i also would rather play them then make them. I've tried learning different programming languages, they were always too hard for me though. You're right about there being a lot of different aspects gone in to making fan games. Like Artist, game designers, programmers, etc.  I'll have to think about that more and check out more parts of the forum like the programming part and sprites, etc.

Hopefully i'll gain enough interest and start checking out fan games again.

« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2007, 11:11:11 pm »
Lol, that was quite the speech you gave in your "Times Be Changin" topic.  You see, the problem is that ZFGC isn't about fan games.  Hasn't been for a long time now.  The point is that maybe the site needs to be taken in a new direction, this has been proposed many times in the past *cough*Gamers Advanced, or whatever the heck it was and the DSRevolution merger*cough*.  Those were not successful so I understand a reluctance to try it again but right now it just isn't right to pretend that this community is all about fan games.  It isn't good for the community's appearance and itself. 
« Reply #55 on: May 04, 2007, 11:11:22 pm »
  • Who's your favorite possum?
Like the articles on Binary Phoenix...those are intelligent reads about the art of game design, and it's something I think a lot of people could appreciate.
Good site, Binary Phoenix.

But like the rest of the members, the staff too, is lazy.
Your just so kind aren't you :(.
YOUR MOM!

Well, actually I was under the impression that we agreed on this matter.  And as far as the events staff is concerned, we're going to be removing certain people from their position after z3.  It's all about whether they're a valuable asset or not.  If they're not: we don't want them.  I think that the entire staff should be reviewed, personally, but I suppose that's left up to the administrators in charge of the others.

I think that what people don't understand is that Vash isn't trying to supress anything, he's just trying to control it.  In the meantime we're focusing on solutions to get us out of this rut.  But it has to be controlled first, I firmly believe.

[EDIT]

imfletcher: I agree... I've been meaning to talk to them about the structure of the project boards.
« Reply #56 on: May 04, 2007, 11:16:33 pm »
  • [sic]

i'm not sure how site development is coming but honestly... If I had to choose whether to have competent.. games and programmers focusing on game productivity, or building a site, i'd shoot for the games. A site isn't really needed.. it would be cool and neat, but once its done we've got no content for it, because no one.. even does anything at that point.
but the site is likely to encourage developers/spriters/whatever. i'm planning to submit a lot of content, at least.
« Reply #57 on: May 04, 2007, 11:18:05 pm »
The DSR merger wasn't 'too bad'. DSR got some stuff out of it, and ZFGC got !@#$% pretty hard, but since I represent both, I was fairly satisfied, until things got to such a high stupidity level I just stopped responding to forum posts in general. DSR is another subject and it has great plans in front of it, they just need to be implemented.

I have ideas, but none of them are worth suggesting at the moment, time will come once things are.. at least off the drawing table. For now we need to focus on enjoying ourselves, being less creepy, getting along, and being productive.
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
« Reply #58 on: May 04, 2007, 11:19:44 pm »

but the site is likely to encourage developers/spriters/whatever. i'm planning to submit a lot of content, at least.

Also true in that aspect, maybe since we're a smaller site, we should think smaller, and look at some pre-made CMS's, rather than attempting to build our own. It takes too long.. integration is the key. You have a good point as well. The site idea isn't entirely dead, its just dead at the moment since our main developer left. (and Helios is focused on being my !@#$%/living his life. )
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
« Reply #59 on: May 04, 2007, 11:26:42 pm »
The DSR merger wasn't 'too bad'. DSR got some stuff out of it, and ZFGC got !@#$% pretty hard, but since I represent both, I was fairly satisfied, until things got to such a high stupidity level I just stopped responding to forum posts in general. DSR is another subject and it has great plans in front of it, they just need to be implemented.

I have ideas, but none of them are worth suggesting at the moment, time will come once things are.. at least off the drawing table. For now we need to focus on enjoying ourselves, being less creepy, getting along, and being productive.
Eh, if you say so.  I've taken a liking to sitting back and watching forums.  Just keep in mind that ZFGC isn't really about fan games anymore. 
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 77 queries.

anything