Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Ready for REACH?  (Read 9175 times)

Re: Ready for REACH?
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2010, 12:15:14 pm »
  • And if they dont dance, they're no friend of mine
Ready for REACH?

hell no.

Gaylo is not my type of game, and I don't see what is so great about it after its like 5th game.

First of all, shut up. Second, stop acting like Halo is a milked franchise. It's really not, especially compared to most Nintendo franchises, and Final Fantasy.

Wow, aggressive much?
Anyway, Halo is completely milked IMO. Nothing has changed at all from Halo 1 to ODST and by the looks of it, REACH. All its been is a graphical update every time. The first game was a hit so they've just copied it everytime. Even REACH with its new engine looks completely the same.

Art by Kyuumu, banner by me
Screw this, im off to Hogwarts...
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2010, 01:39:05 pm »
Seriously; most retarded argument ever.

Really? Stating his opinion is the most retarded argument ever?

It was quite clearly written as his opinion aswell...

Gaylo is not my type of game, and I don't see what is so great about it after its like 5th game.

Anyway; my interest in Halo is limited, I've got the 1st one for PC and love the custom edition (Cold Snap is amazing). Second one bored the living !@#$% out of me, yet I have fond memories of LAN parties, and making someone cry.

Halo 3 was crap minus one thing, and that was Forge mode.

The multiplayer was only good when you was playing with friends (LAN and what not), online was just full of prepubescent racists, hearing the n-bomb every 3 seconds by some 6 year old wannabe gangster with the literacy skills of an apple just does not apple to me.

Xiphirx

wat
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2010, 05:05:57 pm »
  • Xiphirx
I've learned something.

Stating an opinion already invites people to try and demolish it.

gj guys, gj.

Oh, and my type of games include RPG's, RTS's (just StarCraft, methinks). I do play some FPS's like CSS, and I also play sandbox games along with anything else that interests me... (not halo, GoW, or any main stream game that is being shoved down everyone's throat imo)

EDIT: Here's my attempt to demolish moldrill's opinion, you know, just so I dont feel left out.
Final Fantasy is far from milked. Each Final Fantasy game has it's own story, it's not a continuing story. Each game, could be thought of a game of its own.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 06:01:12 pm by Xiphirx »
  • For The Swarm
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2010, 05:52:02 pm »
I've learned something.

Stating an opinion already invites people to try and demolish it.

gj guys, gj.

Oh, and my type of games include RPG's, RTS's (just StarCraft, methinks). I do play some FPS's like CSS, and I also play sandbox games along with anything else that interests me... (not halo, GoW, or any main stream game that is being shoved down everyone's throat imo)

Obviously you've realized the fault of posting one's opinion :), thats all i ask of you

« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2010, 05:52:29 pm »
Haven't really seen much of Reach tight butthole.

Actually, the only game I am really looking forward to is the only one that does not have a release date...Diablo III.  The new Ghost Reacon doesn't interest me and I used to be big into those.

As far as getting ready for games, Resident Evil 5 killed that feeling off for me entirely.
Pre-ordered it.  Stood in line thinking that it was going to be the greatest game ever since pac-man.  Got it...then beat it in less than 4 hours.  So, from now on, I try not to get too stoked over a game.(Especially since I dropped around $100 on the RE5 Collector's Edition *cough*)
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2010, 06:53:21 pm »

He's saying the argument is bad, not his opinion.  Granted, there is only his opinion there but usually you give reasons as to why you think they way you do.  It leads to discussion.  All stating your opinion does is start flaming.  I don't care what you think, just give a reason and if all you do is say you hate/love it, don't sound like a !@#$% (general statment, not targeted to anyone) when you do it.

So, um, yeah, about that Halo Reach...

under the alias DarkLink6235
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2010, 07:14:51 pm »

He's saying the argument is bad, not his opinion.  Granted, there is only his opinion

It wasn't an argument though, it wasn't even structured in the sense of an argument. It was just his opinion. Like I said It was quite clearly written as his opinion aswell... so there was no way it could of been misconstrued...

Also, you don't have to give reason as to why you dislike something, it's just enough to say you don't.
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2010, 07:19:57 pm »

He's saying the argument is bad, not his opinion.  Granted, there is only his opinion
you don't have to give reason as to why you dislike something

Welcome to gamefaqs... oh wait, wrong site, gamefaqs is the place where you need to state exactly why you dislike something

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2010, 08:05:27 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
Okay; well lets put it this way then-

Whorefallen is not my kind of person. I don't see what's so special with him after the like 5th post.

^I didn't provide a single reason for my statement. It's practically the same as saying "!@#$% sucks" and leaving it at that. To make matters worse, I threw in a little trolling by changing the name to something obscene :)

Now obviously I'm not being entirely serious with that statement, but had you read it as such, obviously you'd be saying "wtf".

Had I said something like "He only posts when he sees the opportunity to argue with someone else to help escalate the problems", it makes the statement more valid.

If you had read my post, you'd see that I was stating that the argument itself (and yes, it is an "argument" as it's explaining a viewpoint or stance to an existing stance) was invalid as it provided no counterpoints or reasoning.

Here's an example of a good response, as I tackle responding to an at least valid response

Anyway, Halo is completely milked IMO. Nothing has changed at all from Halo 1 to ODST and by the looks of it, REACH. All its been is a graphical update every time. The first game was a hit so they've just copied it everytime. Even REACH with its new engine looks completely the same.

Can't really agree when people say they're the same. There was a significant change in play between Halo 1 and 2. The only real similarities were the story, which obviously should carry between the games. Otherwise, neither of them played all that similarly. The fact that they were the same genre is a duh, so obviously yes, you walk around in a first person view, aim, and shoot things, but you can't use that as a point against the game itself. People hated Zelda 2 because it did exactly what people seem to expect Halo to do :P

Halo 3 ODST is even more different from the other installments, especially Halo 3. Only similarities were the visuals (which were greatly enhanced between the two games), and again the fact that it was a FPS. It's hard to go back to playing Halo 3 after playing ODST, because of how vastly different the two play.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 08:17:35 pm by Mamoruアニメ »
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2010, 09:09:27 pm »
!@#$%fallen is not my kind of person. I don't see what's so special with him after the like 5th post.
!@#$% you, I don't pick on your career choices :(

^I didn't provide a single reason for my statement. It's practically the same as saying "!@#$% sucks" and leaving it at that. To make matters worse, I threw in a little trolling by changing the name to something obscene :)
Like I said, you don't need to post your reasons when you post your opinion. Only need to give reason when you are posting facts (or delusions). Also it's a bit different, yours was "attacking" me, he was more so attacking the game. Fairplay if he'd of said "All Halo player's are bumbandits" then yeah I'd of understood.

Had I said something like "He only posts when he sees the opportunity to argue with someone else to help escalate the problems", it makes the statement more valid.
Could just say "being a !@#$% for !@#$%'s sake". Unless you're Canadian.

If you had read my post, you'd see that I was stating that the argument itself (and yes, it is an "argument" as it's explaining a viewpoint or stance to an existing stance) was invalid as it provided no counterpoints or reasoning.
It's not an argument though, because the topic at hand isn't a debate, and doesn't follow on like that, he was just simply stating his opinion as a reason to why he wont be getting REACH. (is it all caps or are we all just being retarded?)

Here's an example of a good response, as I tackle responding to an at least valid response

Just as valid as Xph... Xiph... Xsomethingorother's post. Only he gave reason. I do kind of agree with Slimmy, Halo 1 and 2 engine wise were near carbon copy, Halo 3 gave a few modifications to the engine (I mean let's face it, the engine worked amazingly anyway). I cant comment on the other games though because my interests just never really grew.
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2010, 11:15:42 pm »
Just as valid as Xph... Xiph... Xsomethingorother's post. Only he gave reason. I do kind of agree with Slimmy, Halo 1 and 2 engine wise were near carbon copy, Halo 3 gave a few modifications to the engine (I mean let's face it, the engine worked amazingly anyway). I cant comment on the other games though because my interests just never really grew.

Actually, Halo 2's engine was build from the ground up.  There wasn't anything that was copied straight from Halo 1.  For Halo 3, changes where made to accommodate the jump the the Xbox 360 though it was still based off of Halo 2's engine.  From 3 to ODST, the engine remained unchanged for the most part, with the exception of the ability to do full screen effects (such as for VISR mode) and other small tweaks.

I'm not sure about the engine for Reach but it seems to me it would have the same scale of changes as from 2 to 3.

As for Slimmy's comments, I'll admit, Halo's fundamental game play hasn't changed much but that's what I like about it.  What keeps me on for the next game is the additions they put in. For example, duel wielding in H2, equipment in H3, and armor abilities and game types for Reach.  It's changed it just enough to make it fresh and interesting.

« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2010, 11:39:49 pm »
As for Slimmy's comments, I'll admit, Halo's fundamental game play hasn't changed much but that's what I like about it.  What keeps me on for the next game is the additions they put in. For example, duel wielding in H2, equipment in H3, and armor abilities and game types for Reach.  It's changed it just enough to make it fresh and interesting.

If you like the main gameplay mechanics, then its all good. Im not saying the Halo series is bad, or even that its a bad thing it hasn't changed, I was just saying it hasn't. I like the Halo games. Not amazingly, but I can have a good multiplayer session with mates on it. I do however think its overrated, with people calling it the best series ever.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2010, 11:51:36 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
I do however think its overrated, with people calling it the best series ever.

I can wholeheartedly agree with that. In fact, when Halo 1 came out I became pretty irritated when people claimed that it was very unique and the best thing since sliced bread, when really it was more of the same :p

It wasn't until Halo 2 came out that I started to enjoy the series.
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2010, 11:56:52 pm »

Actually, Halo 2's engine was build from the ground up.  There wasn't anything that was copied straight from Halo 1. 

O.o then they must of built it straight form the ground up and ended up with an exact copy? XD I dunno, I just felt they were the same when playing through, the way vehicles handled and weapons. Only difference was the worlds really. To me anyway.
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2010, 01:02:46 am »

If you like the main gameplay mechanics, then its all good. Im not saying the Halo series is bad, or even that its a bad thing it hasn't changed, I was just saying it hasn't. I like the Halo games. Not amazingly, but I can have a good multiplayer session with mates on it. I do however think its overrated, with people calling it the best series ever.

Wasn't saying you were saying it was bad, just discussing. :)  Even as a hard core Halo fan, I wouldn't say Halo is the best series ever.  I'd probably give it to Zelda.

Actually, bert, I think I may be getting my stuff mixed up.  I know for sure they had to completely redo the multiplayer side of the game but whether that extended to the entire game, I'm not sure.  You may be right.  Seems like I recall someone saying they did the whole game, it may have just been multiplayer.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2010, 01:19:52 am »
  • ^Not actually me.

Actually, Halo 2's engine was build from the ground up.  There wasn't anything that was copied straight from Halo 1.

O.o then they must of built it straight form the ground up and ended up with an exact copy? XD I dunno, I just felt they were the same when playing through, the way vehicles handled and weapons. Only difference was the worlds really. To me anyway.

Halo 2 had an entirely new engine. There are going to be similarities because they obviously tried to not drastically change certain mechanics.
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2010, 09:45:14 pm »

Halo 2 had an entirely new engine. There are going to be similarities because they obviously tried to not drastically change certain mechanics.

I'm sure the new engine was much more efficient etc. but I played both a few days ago at a gaming session, and really can't feel that big a difference. Its just a bit more polished.

Zhello

N.A.D.I.
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2010, 02:24:57 pm »
  • L'homme avec beaucoup de noms.
Quick question:  You will be able to download it from odst or they give you some ingame code?
The IT Guy
Intermediate Coder
Linux is a wonderful thing
~Linkwolf48/Gumstone1080~

The Legend of Zelda - New Beginnings

http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=34986.0
1.6 Demo -
https://www.dropbox.com/s/56km0iadaras56g/LoZNB%20Game%20Folder.rar?dl=0

Side Projects:

Dragon Diary - Cybernetic Threat
Story: http://wiki.zfgc.com/Cybernetic_Threat

Aero88
ZFGC is like the Hotel California.  You can come in but you can never leave!

devianart: http://linkwolf48.deviantart.com/
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2010, 09:54:43 am »
Quick question:  You will be able to download it from odst or they give you some ingame code?
http://www.bungie.net/projects/reach/article.aspx?ucc=faq

Read up. Downloaded from ODST.

I'm a huuuuuge halo fan so the wait for May 3rd is killing me. Looks wonderful.

Also, Mammy displeases me. He knows what I mean.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 09:56:32 am by AoDC »
the a o d c

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2010, 10:02:37 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Also, Mammy displeases me. He knows what I mean.

Just keep REACHing to the sky, and maybe I'll extend my hand out to you =3
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 78 queries.