Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Forest dungeon Tiles  (Read 19551 times)

Sinkin and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Re: Forest dungeon Tiles
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2015, 09:38:03 am »
  • It's just Max.
Haha, I wondered if it was the same Shane! Beautiful screens, man. I never got ZC to work but I love looking through the screen of the weeks.

Anyway, the mushrooms in the top left of the village are pretty cool! They look more sinister. Well, a little at least. I forgot about those and the ones in the mushroom house, there's a bunch of mushrooms we could use! :D  Maybe different areas in the dungeon with certain types. Some you can hookshot to, some bounce you up to a higher level, etc.
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2015, 10:07:47 am »
  • Just call me Brad
I tried some different mushrooms. what do you think?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 11:47:37 am by Spritonic »
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2015, 10:11:57 am »
  • Just call me Brad
Haha, I wondered if it was the same Shane! Beautiful screens, man. I never got ZC to work but I love looking through the screen of the weeks.

Anyway, the mushrooms in the top left of the village are pretty cool! They look more sinister. Well, a little at least. I forgot about those and the ones in the mushroom house, there's a bunch of mushrooms we could use! :D  Maybe different areas in the dungeon with certain types. Some you can hookshot to, some bounce you up to a higher level, etc.

Different mushrooms:

Bouncy mushrooms: They bounce the player to higher areas
Light mushrooms: they emit light in dark places
Platform Mushrooms: act as a platform, you can jump from one to the next.
Sticky mushrooms: hookshot?
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2015, 05:12:32 pm »
  • It's just Max.
Maybe the glowing mushrooms are like torches, you sometimes have to hit them with the boomerang or something to get them to glow! I really like these ideas and mechanics, it's so much fun to work with a team of awesome people :D
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2015, 05:42:19 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
Maybe the glowing mushrooms are like torches, you sometimes have to hit them with the boomerang or something to get them to glow! I really like these ideas and mechanics, it's so much fun to work with a team of awesome people :D

So it involves a light mechanism? It could be used to activate certain things for periods of time also, it might be cool to have a short amount of time to cross a bridge before the light goes away. Or something like that.

EDIT: just realized that this is my 700 post, yay!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 10:24:21 pm by Spritonic »
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2015, 08:56:54 am »
Thanks, Max. Bummer you couldn't get ZC to work. It's real fun to work with.

OT: I really like the variety you have here. Fungi has always been my favorite thing to add to Forest Temples. Say, what about poisonous fungi? Going near them might distort your view or harm you, or something along those lines. The sinister (as described) mushroom could have potential having more dangerous properties. But I don't know if the engine is already coded or not, just some food for thought I suppose.

I definitely like the glowing mushroom idea, and the mushrooms that bounce you to higher places.
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2015, 09:33:59 am »
  • Just call me Brad
Thanks, Max. Bummer you couldn't get ZC to work. It's real fun to work with.

OT: I really like the variety you have here. Fungi has always been my favorite thing to add to Forest Temples. Say, what about poisonous fungi? Going near them might distort your view or harm you, or something along those lines. The sinister (as described) mushroom could have potential having more dangerous properties. But I don't know if the engine is already coded or not, just some food for thought I suppose.

I definitely like the glowing mushroom idea, and the mushrooms that bounce you to higher places.

The poisonous fungi could either harm you, or have you not be able to use the items like the effect the bubbles from wind waker gave you with that smoke in the dungeon with medli.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 09:35:52 am by Spritonic »
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2015, 02:17:54 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
Sorry guys, I fell out of the loop on this one.  I like the idea of the different mushrooms, though I'm not sure how to handle the light ones with the current engine features (light isn't something I've really touched on a lot).  I guess I could do it lttp style for now where the room just gets darker when less mushrooms are lit.

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2015, 03:06:50 pm »
  • It's just Max.
Feel free to use some executive power and say "no glowing mushrooms" if you want. We'll come up with something else no problem. Like torches.
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2015, 06:11:08 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
The idea for the light mushrooms was they were found in dark rooms, they work the same way as the torches, they have an aura around them. They cn be used for lighting purposes only.
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2015, 07:34:41 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
I don't think there's any need to scrap them, they just may not look EXACTLY as the way you're expecting

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2015, 08:30:58 am »
  • Just call me Brad
Sorry guys, I fell out of the loop on this one.  I like the idea of the different mushrooms, though I'm not sure how to handle the light ones with the current engine features (light isn't something I've really touched on a lot).  I guess I could do it lttp style for now where the room just gets darker when less mushrooms are lit.

I think that is how it also worked in minish cap. In the temple of droplets there is a room with several torches that you have to activate quickly before they turn off again. When they turn off/on, the lighting of the room goes up or down.
Forest dungeon tree wall tiles
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2015, 10:40:25 am »
  • Just call me Brad
I found them!
I found custom inside tree tiles with corners and stuff so they can be put in a dungeon!
I found them here
And I also found some cool tiles for zora village, goron village, gerudo desert and kokiri forest here

I edited the wall to have the same colour as the minish cap tree tiles, so its easier to edit later one if we decide to use them.

I was thinking we either use this for the whole dungeon, or for the outside and inside of the boss room, making it a big treetrunk that takes you to the top where you fight the boss.

What do you think on this guys?!?

EDIT: I´m curious if the temple is going to be inside a giant tree like the deku tree temple or if its going to be built temple.
If its a temple inside a tree we would use the tiles I just posted. If its a normal temple, we can use the ones I posted on the first post and this ones for the outside and inside of the boss room.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 10:53:35 am by Spritonic »
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2015, 01:38:33 pm »
  • It's just Max.
I think we could do it either way. The layout I did most recently seems like it would lend itself better to not being trees, just because of the way the rooms are shaped, but we could use it if we wanted to and I think it'd still work. I like your walls better though. But for the boss room, yeah, trees definitely.

That golden kingdom game is really interesting. If you scroll down, they're using the town tiles from King of Thieves. They're also using my big boxes and I think my Garo sprites, and I thiiiiink the Japanese style building they have if you scroll way down is a recolor of one Leduardo did some of and I expanded, but they may have edited the Shopkeeper's house at lake Hylia themselves. Those tiles might be cool to work in with stone buildings also for the Shiekah Fortress.

I know all the sprites I've done I've hard are free to use, but it makes me wonder, who originally did the town tiles for King of Thieves? Was it King Mob?
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2015, 04:07:40 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
I think we could do it either way. The layout I did most recently seems like it would lend itself better to not being trees, just because of the way the rooms are shaped, but we could use it if we wanted to and I think it'd still work. I like your walls better though. But for the boss room, yeah, trees definitely.

That golden kingdom game is really interesting. If you scroll down, they're using the town tiles from King of Thieves. They're also using my big boxes and I think my Garo sprites, and I thiiiiink the Japanese style building they have if you scroll way down is a recolor of one Leduardo did some of and I expanded, but they may have edited the Shopkeeper's house at lake Hylia themselves. Those tiles might be cool to work in with stone buildings also for the Shiekah Fortress.

I know all the sprites I've done I've hard are free to use, but it makes me wonder, who originally did the town tiles for King of Thieves? Was it King Mob?

I think the tree walls work best, I have been testing them.

I did quite a lot of the temple already, but when it comes to the treetops I don´t know what to do with that! Any ideas?
Its I don´t know what will go bellow the treetops, or if there are walls or not. Max, What do you have in mind?
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2015, 05:07:01 pm »
  • It's just Max.
Okay, those do look great, I love how the curve at the corners instead of being sharp. It looks fantastic :D

In the design I did, the room with the boss door, the one at the top left, and the one with the stone walls on the right, I had intended to be outside, with grass. So there's both inside and outside areas.

As for the treetops, we've got some tiles that Blazebigbang did:

http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=39512.0

Those are pretty great, and I think we could do them over a background that looks like treetops way below. Sort of like this:

But we might have to make the background ourselves. Maybe we wouldn't have sky, just treetops as far as you can see.
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2015, 02:18:04 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
Okay, those do look great, I love how the curve at the corners instead of being sharp. It looks fantastic :D

In the design I did, the room with the boss door, the one at the top left, and the one with the stone walls on the right, I had intended to be outside, with grass. So there's both inside and outside areas.

As for the treetops, we've got some tiles that Blazebigbang did:

http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=39512.0

Those are pretty great, and I think we could do them over a background that looks like treetops way below. Sort of like this:

But we might have to make the background ourselves. Maybe we wouldn't have sky, just treetops as far as you can see.

hmm that makes sense!

Any more rooms that are outside? can you colour them green on the concept?
Forest dungeon outside rooms
« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2015, 03:26:45 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
I put rooms outside as you said and I changed the colour of the walls!
What do you think?

Now that I look at it, Wouldn´t it be cooler if the temple was the forest itself?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 03:33:04 pm by Spritonic »
Kokiri forest/temple
« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2015, 04:13:01 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
I added large areas that could serve as the kokiri village, that way you can get to the village first though the kokiri gate from the swamp.

What do you think on this?

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2015, 10:32:17 pm »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
This seems more like the Forbidden Woods from Wind Waker, if the village is going to be part of the dungeon itself.
I was talking to my friend last night, and he was mentioning about how in 1980, he thought the internet would become this amazing place where people from across the world would share ideas. I was telling him about how this project [KOT] has worked, lurching along for years and drawn by different people from across the globe, and he thought it was beautiful. And he was right, it's awesome. :D

Zelda Items Spritesheet album (OUT OF DATE) - (link here)
A Link Across Time project - (link here)
Boss Keys project (Metroid) - (link here)
Boss Keys project (Zelda) - (link here)
Boss Keys project Trello Board - (link here)
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 74 queries.

anything