Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Human Weapon: Muay Thai  (Read 1020 times)

Human Weapon: Muay Thai
« on: July 23, 2007, 10:11:27 pm »
Human Weapon is a show that has started on the history channel where a former boxer, and a former football player try to become a human weapon of sorts by going around and learning different fighting styles, techniques, etc. At the end of the episode one of them fights a master of that fighting type to put their training to the test.

The first episode is Muay Thai, it's a pretty cool series.

Re: Human Weapon: Muay Thai
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2007, 03:32:23 am »
Thanks man this show looks pretty cool I just checked up on youtube. I will watch out for it. I am really into martial arts. Joining a kungfu class in a couple weeks.
We may be human. But we're still animals.
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2007, 03:41:56 am »
I now fight with my elbows and knees specifically because of that episode; way of eight limbs pwns.
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2007, 12:29:59 pm »
  • puck you
If you'd really like something to rival or even overtake the power of Muay Thai, you should check out "극진공수단", known as Kyokushin Karate.

With this style, a man named Choi Bae-Dal (Oyama in Japanese) defeated the strongest man in Japan, and he's been known to take down bulls with his bare hands.

Look him up!
:D
My good sir, in the immortal words of the late Mr. Wrong: STFU.
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2007, 01:31:40 am »
If you'd really like something to rival or even overtake the power of Muay Thai, you should check out "극진공수단", known as Kyokushin Karate.

With this style, a man named Choi Bae-Dal (Oyama in Japanese) defeated the strongest man in Japan, and he's been known to take down bulls with his bare hands.

Look him up!
Style can only ever be as good as the practitioner. It's not the style that makes a fight but the person applying it. Bruce lee had a quote that went something like that. It's true. Styles are never the way to go. You need to do whatever works for you. That might have worked well for him, and really well against his opponent, but its different with every single person and every single opponent. But on that note. In my opinion the best way to train would be in Jeet Kun do (JKD) which was developed by Bruce lee after he realized merely training in one style, and conforming to it, rather then the opposite of that (wing chun at the time) was worthless. It's just a mix of different key methods from some of the best martial arts, without being full on MMA. It's straight and to the point, see and react/intercept. Flow like water. No fancy kungfu show like he used to do in his movies. Jeet Kune Do is the style that is not a style. One that is infinitely flexible and adaptable to the individual and the situation.

Every style has its weaknesses too. Being the strongest and biggest guy around wouldn't helm that much in a fight with a well rounded BJJ fighter. They could snake around you and choke you or break limbs and necks and whatever in seconds if you are off guard, and even if you were they could constrict around you slowly like a boa and trap you. Ever seen the UFC fight between Royce Gracie  and Kimo? But even that isn't the be all end all. to truly overcome any obstacle you have to completely master yourself rather then a particular form or style, and train in every style possible and absorb all of the key elements and remove the useless ones.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 03:10:45 am by skully »
We may be human. But we're still animals.
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2007, 12:07:22 am »
  • I had to sew my face back on with string cheese
i found the show boring, and not nearly as good as a series that came on the disc. channel a couple years ago that covered every fighting style in martial arts and had 2 hr. episodes.

Kyubi

GET ON THE BALL!
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2007, 12:24:40 am »
  • :3
I'll have a look at this.

I've been kickboxing for about 5 1/2 years now, and am now being psychologically trained by my sensei.

I'm into martial arts in general, really. They're an important part of my life, and I have this thirst to learn as much about them as possible. I have to watch this!
Gannon-banned brother.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.737 seconds with 52 queries.