Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lol Sony Rolly  (Read 1114 times)

Kyubi

GET ON THE BALL!
Lol Sony Rolly
« on: September 10, 2007, 09:55:17 pm »
  • :3
Check the news channel if you have a Wii.

It costs $354 (yen conversion from 40,000), is egg-shaped, "flashes colourful lights in time to the music", swivels, has stereo speakers, 1 Gigabyte of flash memory, and a 5-hour battery.

Oh yeah, you change tracks by rolling it, and change the volume by rotating it. And it also rolls in time to the music, as well.

Where the hell would you use this?
Gannon-banned brother.

Re: Lol Sony Rolly
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2007, 10:02:42 pm »
This topic looks strangely familiar.

Kyubi

GET ON THE BALL!
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2007, 10:04:37 pm »
Good. That's one reply. I'm surprised no-one's replying to it to express WTFness.
Gannon-banned brother.

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2007, 10:06:33 pm »
Good. That's one reply. I'm surprised no-one's replying to it to express WTFness.

because its not as bad as you'd like to make out.

Kyubi

GET ON THE BALL!
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2007, 10:16:39 pm »

because its not as bad as you'd like to make out.

But it is! I'm not trying to make out it's terrible, because it's got some pretty advanced technology in it- but there's no screen, no mention of headphones, and you can't put it on any particular surface except the floor because it'll probably fall off. Well that's my impression so far, anyway. Meh, it's probably just novelty technology for the Japanese- since there's no mention of sales elsewhere, yet.

For an MP3 player- it is pretty bad though, you gotta admit. It just won't be practical at all. You have to rotate/roll it to adjust tracks and volume- which for volume is precise, but for tracks, and added to the fact there's no screen means it would be really inconvenient.
Gannon-banned brother.

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2007, 11:15:59 pm »
  • n___n
It's not functional. It has entertainment value, but not 350$ worth of entertainment. I'd rather get a camcorder, real mp3 player/ipod or a videogame system.
yo yo yo

araknid_kid@yahoo.com = email and MSN
HellsExecutionR = AIM
araknidude = XBox Live gamertag
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2007, 12:42:57 am »
They're trying to be innovative again. I'd say leave it to Nintendo. Come on, this thing is just too different.
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2007, 10:53:28 am »
They're trying to be innovative again. I'd say leave it to Nintendo. Come on, this thing is just too different.

If Sony were to be the first to create the motion sensor controller, and Nintendo stuck with Generic controls. I'm damn certain thats the response I'd of heard at this forum.

Kyubi

GET ON THE BALL!
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2007, 04:05:18 pm »

If Sony were to be the first to create the motion sensor controller, and Nintendo stuck with Generic controls. I'm damn certain thats the response I'd of heard at this forum.

Wii does not equal Rolly. Wii= ZOMG think of the games we could play!

Rolly= Jeez I just wanna listen to music! Sure, it can dance, but that's not a selling point unless you're continually going to parties and someone can step on it.

The Rolly defeats the object of an MP3 Player. With the Wii it was the name more than anything else that people hated. Everyone still thought the console was cool because of motion sensing and stuff. The thing is, the Wii is a console, and Rolly is an MP3 player- MP3 players being something you take around with you, and consoles being something you play at home with your friends.
Gannon-banned brother.

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2007, 05:12:28 pm »

Wii does not equal Rolly. Wii= ZOMG think of the games we could play!

Rolly= Jeez I just wanna listen to music! Sure, it can dance, but that's not a selling point unless you're continually going to parties and someone can step on it.

The Rolly defeats the object of an MP3 Player. With the Wii it was the name more than anything else that people hated. Everyone still thought the console was cool because of motion sensing and stuff. The thing is, the Wii is a console, and Rolly is an MP3 player- MP3 players being something you take around with you, and consoles being something you play at home with your friends.

Any chance you can post a full article on this? And my post was towards the fact that as soon as Sony say they are going to make something it appears most the assholes here wish to push it down. And if this device has 'built in speakers' then wouldn't that really be clear that its NOT MEANT FOR PORTABLE USE asides from the rollingness? Seriously, people look at the PS3 and automatically assume every idea Sony have is !@#$% or pathetic.

Kyubi

GET ON THE BALL!
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2007, 08:31:20 pm »
Yet I like the PS3...

If it's not meant to be portable- it should have more memory, and CDs will always rule party music. I say parties, because for music at home you have a Hi-Fi. Not a Transformer Eggatron thing.

Come to think of it, they should have zapped a Rolly with the Cube- that would be hilarious!
Gannon-banned brother.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 55 queries.