Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 56   Go Down

Author Topic: ZFGC style Discussion  (Read 170753 times)

Chesu

Re: ZFGC style
« Reply #180 on: February 07, 2007, 10:39:27 pm »
The Wind Waker is the more acurate depiction, though. They've established the character, they had no limitations for his design, and they weren't restricted by how the game handles sprites. I think Tingle's appearance in TWW supersedes all others to date, and in TWW he's shorter than Link, who is about half as tall as most adults.

...but, like I already said, using sprites as opposed to models restricts what you can do.
« Reply #181 on: February 07, 2007, 11:44:10 pm »
Don't forget all the Links you are comparing with him are younger, so whether shorter or the same, an adult like LInk would be at least a little taller.
« Reply #182 on: February 08, 2007, 12:41:15 am »
Looks up at the ceiling and down at the ground. So, any comments about my background?  ;D
Hm... I should probably put something here...
« Reply #183 on: February 08, 2007, 01:31:11 am »
Didnt spent long on it but i made a quick bridge from the side view:

it's a good start, but at the moment it looks paper thin, need to hint at the support underneath etc
Used the bricks on the house to try and make a brick wall, side views suck, but it was worth the go:

its solid n all, but I'm just not sure if its a set of tiles we need :-\ what do you guys think?
I made a quick background that took me about 15 minutes. Comments/Critisism? :P
(I know it's a little bit plain though because all I have to work with is what is currently made)

pretty cool, nice to see someone else making areas :P just yours is a bit too straight, lots of perfectly straight paths n cliffs etc

and as for the tingle discussion, we don't need to worry about his height.. at all.
so what if he's a bit taller or shorter than tingle from game x? this isn't game x
« Reply #184 on: February 08, 2007, 02:01:45 am »
hmm the upper water to cliffs tiles doesn't seem to be the same perspective that the house and trees.. it would  be better if you couldn't see the actual cliff..
« Reply #185 on: February 08, 2007, 02:06:47 am »
hmm the upper water to cliffs tiles doesn't seem to be the same perspective that the house and trees.. it would  be better if you couldn't see the actual cliff..
yeah.. it was difficult, I had to make that compromise so the cliffs would tile a lot easier.
just look at the cliffs as they're on a slant, because they are :P
« Reply #186 on: February 08, 2007, 05:27:23 am »
Thanks for the comment .Takam. :)

I made another background. This one is more of a "in the mountains" kind of scenery. I edited the door from the house to make it look kind of like a mine entrance. Comments and critisism?
Hm... I should probably put something here...

Chesu

« Reply #187 on: February 08, 2007, 06:38:40 am »
That kind of reminds me of the area to the south of Eagle's Tower in the western area of the Tal Tal mountain range.
« Reply #188 on: February 08, 2007, 06:01:31 pm »
  • Back again.
I think this style would be absolutely perfect for soemthing like if someone made a gba rom for a game in this style, then put it on one of those flahs-paks or whatever they're called and sold it illegaly on the black market!  ;D

Anyway, I think I might actually try this. Maybe a new tunic for Link. Nah, I won't do a new tunic. Maybe an npc, or something.
Just kinda moseying along.

Hyrule_SwordsMan

« Reply #189 on: February 09, 2007, 01:41:04 am »
Thanks for the comment .Takam. :)

I made another background. This one is more of a "in the mountains" kind of scenery. I edited the door from the house to make it look kind of like a mine entrance. Comments and critisism?

I think that it has a lot of all-green tiles. It would look better with less of them. About that its ok.

In alttp the back cliffs were darker and I think that is OK. It gives a little bit of depht to the tiles.

Another note:  Don't use the hole time the same and the same pallet and colors. Just create a frew colors like gray and stuff. I see brow everywhere! There must be some other colors!
« Reply #190 on: February 09, 2007, 01:45:06 am »
I swear... the water reminds me of Earthbound because of that color you used, most of the water in earthbound was that EXACT purple.
  • RPG Empire
« Reply #191 on: February 09, 2007, 01:50:04 am »
I swear... the water reminds me of Earthbound because of that color you used, most of the water in earthbound was that EXACT purple.
you are right on that.. also the colors seems to be really similar to boktai sprites. :P

uma

« Reply #192 on: February 09, 2007, 03:25:59 am »
  • Ghosts can have Aliens too you know.
That is one of the things that make this ONE OF THE BEST CUSTOM TILES EVA EVA! Eathbound was one of the best games for the super nintendo. It had a HUGE influence on my life.

I am really enjoying the progress of this... I may just contribute something later.
Ghosts of Aliens
Entire project progress: About 20%

My FurAffinity!
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/umathefurry/

Bludleef

Forum Dragon
« Reply #193 on: February 09, 2007, 04:43:51 am »
  • Everybody's Gotta Eat.
Okay time for an addition from the forum dragon. LOL
since no one else did I did Zelda (I was amazed 13 pages and no Zelda) with and without a cape

based it around this

Just for fun I took this mockup and added Zelda following Link.

If it is found satisfactory I might try old Ganon out.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 06:10:46 am by Bludleef »

SOME LINKS
 -> Bludsoft Productions
  • Bludsoft
« Reply #194 on: February 09, 2007, 07:59:39 am »
made some quick other views of link:

mainly for you guys to edit and to base other angles of NPCs off

Dayjo

shut the fuck up donny.
« Reply #195 on: February 09, 2007, 11:12:36 am »
  • hungry..
Good job Takam. I like the side views a lot. Hopefully it'll help with those young link ones that make him look both fat, and like he has a broken back >_>
  • My Blog

Bludleef

Forum Dragon
« Reply #196 on: February 09, 2007, 08:03:15 pm »
  • Everybody's Gotta Eat.
made some quick other views of link:

mainly for you guys to edit and to base other angles of NPCs off
okay here it goes
once again with and without cape

SOME LINKS
 -> Bludsoft Productions
  • Bludsoft
« Reply #197 on: February 09, 2007, 09:04:45 pm »
  • Evil's origin begins in TLOZ AO...
Zelda doesn't look right Bludleef... but the style is really close, her arms are weird.  The backview has less hair than the front view and the sideviews and kind of odd.  We'll see if someone take initiative to edit them.  Good job!

Love your Link .TakaM, It would be nice to see somebody make some animations.

Bludleef

Forum Dragon
« Reply #198 on: February 09, 2007, 10:08:46 pm »
  • Everybody's Gotta Eat.
Zelda doesn't look right Bludleef... but the style is really close, her arms are weird.  The backview has less hair than the front view and the sideviews and kind of odd.  We'll see if someone take initiative to edit them.  Good job!

Love your Link .TakaM, It would be nice to see somebody make some animations.
I knew something looked wierd to me. I fixed the hair in the back view, and edited the sideviews a bit to give
her a bit more of a femenine look, but I don't see what is wrong with her arms. Can you be more specific.

SOME LINKS
 -> Bludsoft Productions
  • Bludsoft
« Reply #199 on: February 09, 2007, 10:31:53 pm »
Good job Takam. I like the side views a lot. Hopefully it'll help with those young link ones that make him look both fat, and like he has a broken back >_>
They're not bad. Not as good as the front views somehow - they seem uncharacteristcally untidy in places... But I think the criticisms that you directed at the child Link sprites could be directed at these. Arms too far back, pot belly, the angle you didn't like...
But the only reason I bring that up is, if we're gonna succeed in creating a substantial resource of tiles and sprites we gonna have to stop being quite so subjective. Provided we can objectively recognise that the sprites/tiles don't suck we should accept them. Not edit pixel after pixel until each and every one of us is happy with a specific pose, for example.

Anyway, I wanted to say the work here is all really good. And I thought I'd show you some progress on animating the improved slimmed-down child Link:

Animated by TomPel and myself. Still needs some polish, but it's now being developed in parallel to a plain-clothes Link for the Community Project, so it's very much a WIP.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 56   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.384 seconds with 74 queries.