Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 56   Go Down

Author Topic: ZFGC style Discussion  (Read 170775 times)

Re: ZFGC style
« Reply #520 on: March 22, 2007, 05:15:18 pm »
dont hide zfgc style sprites
it should all be public.. though youre free not to, it just seems very wierd

My Child Is Student of The Month at Neverland Ranch!
  • SSEdit
« Reply #521 on: March 22, 2007, 05:50:52 pm »
  • Master Of Disaster
lol, actually, there is one, made by me. Not available for public though. ;P
What's the point when this set is supposed to be a Public set for anyone to use? :S
It's for the zfgc community project... >_>

.TakaM was here
  • Lumeuni
« Reply #522 on: March 22, 2007, 06:06:52 pm »
Yeah, it would kind of ruin the story if he showed it to you guys, plus its in a form in that you wouldn't want to use.

Dayjo

shut the fuck up donny.
« Reply #523 on: March 22, 2007, 06:09:14 pm »
  • hungry..
lol, actually, there is one, made by me. Not available for public though. ;P
What's the point when this set is supposed to be a Public set for anyone to use? :S
community project...
Yeah...?
  • My Blog
« Reply #524 on: March 22, 2007, 06:48:20 pm »
The Community Project is being made in ZFGC style. There are graphics being designed and sprited for characters and environments specifically created for that game. Since they do not appear in anyone elses' game they will not be made available for use at this time. It's no more complicated than that.

Nobody is doing enough useful, generic ZFGC style stuff to demand we make available anything ZFGCCP-specific.

Faceless

« Reply #525 on: March 22, 2007, 07:42:49 pm »
A community project that has sprites and tiles withheld from the view of members of the said community that are being asked to contribute to it? What high-handed !@#$%. Why don't you rename it to "The Elite Members of the Community Project"? It has a nice ring to it.
« Reply #526 on: March 22, 2007, 07:53:17 pm »
  • Master Of Disaster
A community project that has sprites and tiles withheld from the view of members of the said community that are being asked to contribute to it? What high-handed !@#$%. Why don't you rename it to "The Elite Members of the Community Project"? It has a nice ring to it.
I agree, that community project isn't really the best name to describe it, but we gathered everyone who wanted to help with that.
We just want to keep the story/graphics as a secret for now, because it would spoil the twists and turns of the game.
Sprites and tiles are the one thing that the whole forum can contribute to.
The "community project"-name can be misleading, but I quess it's just the title, until we come up with the final name for the game.

.TakaM was here
  • Lumeuni
« Reply #527 on: March 22, 2007, 07:55:14 pm »
Community project meaning no head person(except the manager, King Mob) and anyone in this forum can join.
« Reply #528 on: March 22, 2007, 08:01:16 pm »
ah well, lets just continue to make this style playable
my zfgc project which im currently deciding wether or not to continue is depending on available stuff i have
i recently wrote new alpha blending code for both general graphics and enviroments including "caveroom fog"
(aka darkroom effect)
so im going to post a new demo today, and hopefully tomorrow ill write windowed client code, so that the game
can be played windowed too, just like takam constantly nags about *cough*
which is fine, now that my code is so fast that i can do brightness effects without gamma ramps
a relief to say the least... lets hope it all works fast and furiously :)

My Child Is Student of The Month at Neverland Ranch!
  • SSEdit
« Reply #529 on: March 22, 2007, 08:20:53 pm »
Wow. Knee-jerk much?

The Community Project - still very much in its infancy - was and is available for anyone in this community to join. The only people who are involved in the project are the ones who expressed an interest when the idea was formed. Nobody else wanted in. There is nothing elitist nor clandestine about it. We have a separate board to facilitate the unhindered production of the game without the idiotic, unconstructive, subjective comments that can clog up threads exactly like this one from people who have nothing they want to offer. When we have enough momentum and a clear enough vision it will be opened up for everyone to comment on.

I was not asking anyone outside of the project to contribute anything. I was re-stating the purpose of this thread, which seems to have been forgotten amongst the show-and-tell, which is to build a collection of useful resources which may be used by anyone in this community.

Or are you actually proposing every game made in this style should have exactly the same assets, nothing unique?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 09:35:10 pm by King Mob »

Faceless

« Reply #530 on: March 22, 2007, 10:15:49 pm »
Well I can understand assets that should be unique to one project like... Ganondorf, for instance, aren't being contributed to the thread for anybody to use. We wouldn't want that.

What pisses me off is that this thread was created under the innocent pretense of being a collaborative project wherein the whole community would work to create graphical assets for anybody from the community to use, but has turned out to be something far different.
What it is now is a thread misleading people into thinking this is a style that is being created in their interest, when really it's just a collection of sprites that the heads of the "community" project will be sifting through and handpicking for their project.

Faceless

« Reply #531 on: March 22, 2007, 10:20:39 pm »
Congratulations, you've missed the point.
« Reply #532 on: March 22, 2007, 10:41:35 pm »
What pisses me off is that this thread was created under the innocent pretense of being a collaborative project wherein the whole community would work to create graphical assets for anybody from the community to use, but has turned out to be something far different.
What it is now is a thread misleading people into thinking this is a style that is being created in their interest, when really it's just a collection of sprites that the heads of the "community" project will be sifting through and handpicking for their project.
I totally agree with your first point, but I'm not sure I can agree with the last, I don't know what's given you that idea. :( The Community Project was started before this thread, and the decision was made to go with this ZFGC style after we'd been in discussions for some time. I want to make clear something that I think is being misunderstood. We are not under the illusion that this style is being created for ZFGCCP. We have simply decided to be one of the projects that uses it. It makes sense to use it since it's something the wider community would be contributing to even if they don't want to be a part of the close-knit development team. We're not cherry-picking what we percieve to the best stuff, believe me - we need everything we can get - but we have got a story, and it's one that requires some very specific stuff. Stuff that's not been in a Zelda before. Stuff we've spent time designing, and yes, that we'd like to reveal in our own time. That's our prerogative, as it would be with any project here.

My concern for this thread is it's turning into a micro-version of the whole Graphic Arts thread. Posting single, forward-facing sprites of very specific characters for criticism is all well and good, but to leave it at that does not give anyone a useable asset. I would hate to see all the good work put in so far go to waste.

uma

« Reply #533 on: March 22, 2007, 10:58:12 pm »
  • Ghosts can have Aliens too you know.
My concern with this thread is that it's gonna' get locked. Please, people, just keep on topic. If you still want to debate/hate or something, take it in PM's, okay? Thats why there their.
Ghosts of Aliens
Entire project progress: About 20%

My FurAffinity!
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/umathefurry/
« Reply #534 on: March 22, 2007, 11:07:29 pm »
Congratulations, you've missed the point.
Heh. I'm gonna assume that was directed at Bboy's deleted post.  :P

And you're right, Uma, sorry! I think it might actually be a good idea if this thread were periodically purged of everthing but the sprites and tiles, which would be collected on the first page.
« Reply #535 on: March 22, 2007, 11:51:25 pm »
well, since Ive been keeping an eye on the zfgccp project, there isn't much being held back that would be useful to anyone else really.

although I do think its quite a shame to hold anything back, I think atleast put your child link sheet out so people can edit it, that works out best for everyone

edit-
actually, I want to clear something up.
I've seen a few posts from people in the zfgccp team saying stuff like zfgc style was made specifically for the zfgc community project.
thats a half truth at best.
before I made this topic, I sent king mob a PM with a small mockup, offering what I made to start off the project in a custom style, he said it was too much work and left it at that.
so I made some more tiles, then made this topic for everyone to join in, after all, KM turned down the offer of keeping the style a secret and unique to the zfgccp.

this style is just made with zelda fangames in mind, no specific fangame comes first, however, if you have your own team I think its okay you don't show spoiler sprites that wouldn't be any worth to anyone not on your team, but things like link sheets etc shouldn't be suppressed
« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 12:10:27 am by .TakaM »

Faceless

« Reply #536 on: March 23, 2007, 12:14:00 am »
What I somewhat sarcastically said above was that it's all well and dandy for a project that has specific elements that only apply to it to keep those sprites back, but when there are things that could be applicable to any game (such as Ganondorf which it has been revealed has been made for the CP) should be released in this thread for anyone to use. It's not fair to take sprites and tiles from this thread and not give back the things you've created for your project that could be helpful to others.

That's the last I'll say on this matter, and hopefully we can all get back on topic - which means posting sprites and tiles.
« Reply #537 on: March 23, 2007, 07:03:31 am »
Im making an explosion, it could be used for bombs I guess.. and I could edit it into an enemy's kill anim

someone else do something!

GO!
« Reply #538 on: March 23, 2007, 07:23:18 am »
Well I can understand assets that should be unique to one project like... Ganondorf, for instance, aren't being contributed to the thread for anybody to use. We wouldn't want that.

The sprites like Ganondorf and link won't be released to the community until after the project is finished. with your second point, however, you have completely missed the point. no one said this style was just getting picked for the community project, if you want to use them you can pick your own from the sprites posted here and make your own sheet. The people in the community project are only picking the ones they want for their game, you're quite welcome to use the ones you want for your games, scince this is ZFGC style and not ZFGCCP style.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
« Reply #539 on: March 23, 2007, 08:11:08 am »
We're not surpressing the Link sheet either. It's been posted in Gonzo's thread. It's not been posted here in a while since it's nowhere near finished, not to mention people don't seem to like it, but I've no objection to showing what TomPel and I have done so far.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 56   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 74 queries.