Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: (recruiting) A Zelda game  (Read 2915 times)

zaneebaslave

(recruiting) A Zelda game
« on: July 12, 2010, 02:13:42 am »
Hey, I am Zaneebaslave. I'm new here. Aint that a peach? I might as well get started with my shpeal, so... *ahem*

“It stings the eyes, it dries the lips, it burns the skin, it sickens the soul. Beration of green and damnation of life, the Desert has come to us all.”
-The Book of Istina

The land of Dragmire: A land of scorching sun and blistering heat. A land of monsters and foul birds, and of death and famine. Upon a sandy throne sits a sinister king, ruling over this land of terrible things, of death and famine. In his hand he clutches a terrible weapon, one made of the fires of Hell and the wrath of the devils. It was his ancestors who turned the land to sand. It was his ancestors who killed and starved the people. And it is his ancestors who ruled for these many years, over Dragmire. Those who follow him eat for a day, and those who refute him die in an instant. And such has been the way of the world for 500 years. And none (Not the wisest of men, or the strongest of men; not the wisdom or the strength of millions of men) shall ever rebel against him.

But in the hearts of the countless hopeless people rests one small grain of hope. This solemn fleeting hope flashes in the minds of the people everyday: That someday the world will become fertile again, and that the tyranny will someday subside. Little to the knowledge of these people, that their grain of fleeting hope coincidently lives just beyond the sea.

Yep yep yep. Sorry for the weird introduction story... I wanted to get your attention. This is a non-canon game about the world of Hyrule if the hero of Time never stepped in to stop Ganondorf from obtaining the Triforce. This is the outcome of Hyrule 500 years after Ganondorf got his way and turned the world to sand. This is a story of second chances, when a new hero arrives from beyond the sea ( :) tada).

So far, me and my group have gotten a lot done. We have some working sprites and scripts and are now in the process of MORE spriting, overworld design, and music.

However, we would ALL enjoy more help. So any help would be welcome. Here is a list of jobs:

3D Modeler/animator (this game is in 2.5D. So needless to say, we need modelers. Hooray!)
imaginative folks with a good firm grasp on Zelda lore (Cant stress this enough.)
concept artists (No anime!  :-X Nah just kidding, draw what you want.)
Scripters (Help my buddy make a good script. Be creative! Go WILD!)
(It would also help if you'd be nice.)

Website is HERE: http://zelda.sucumbio.com/
Look at our progress, learn about the project. You'll have a good time!

-Zaneebaslave

Xiphirx

wat
Re: (recruiting) A Zelda game
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 06:24:16 pm »
  • Xiphirx
Oh my the concept art on that site looks completely awesome! Looking forward to the release and I hope you get a good team :)
  • For The Swarm

zaneebaslave

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 06:36:58 pm »
I hope so too, actually. It's hard to find people interested enough to make a really good Zelda game, though.  :'(

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2010, 06:53:34 pm »
  • .越//
I hope so too, actually. It's hard to find people interested enough to make a really good Zelda game, though.  :'(

well more its hard to find people who are interested AND have the skill needed ;)

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

zaneebaslave

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2010, 06:58:05 pm »
Yeah, especially for a project like this. Well mostly all I need is a good Zelda mind to help me out because my mind is blank from working by myself with spriting and overall game design. I just need someone to give me new ideas.

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2010, 07:22:25 pm »
  • .越//
well, if your story is set in a "bad world" the good people should go from little, hidden actions to bigger and bigger stuff and the hero should maybe slip from "normal live" into a rebellion mission...

Like, Links is the Son of a sailing Merchant which has gotten his first Big Job from the Royal Family ( which would be in such world, ganondorfs family ). But a few Seamiles away from the Capital Haven the Ship is overrunned from Rebels which claims to be Pirates. They steal the Treasure Box which were for the Job and somehow Links slips onto the Pirateship ( partly accidentally, partly to get the Treasure back to his father ).

There he meets the Rebellion Leader, Zelda... Which has the same, strangly formed Scar on her hand like Link.

____

sounds maybe complicated but if you are telling this on the right way it could fit ^^ had mostly wind waker in mind =P

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2010, 08:38:49 pm »
well, if your story is set in a "bad world" the good people should go from little, hidden actions to bigger and bigger stuff and the hero should maybe slip from "normal live" into a rebellion mission...

Like, Links is the Son of a sailing Merchant which has gotten his first Big Job from the Royal Family ( which would be in such world, ganondorfs family ). But a few Seamiles away from the Capital Haven the Ship is overrunned from Rebels which claims to be Pirates. They steal the Treasure Box which were for the Job and somehow Links slips onto the Pirateship ( partly accidentally, partly to get the Treasure back to his father ).

There he meets the Rebellion Leader, Zelda... Which has the same, strangly formed Scar on her hand like Link.

____

sounds maybe complicated but if you are telling this on the right way it could fit ^^ had mostly wind waker in mind =P

I love this idea, I can imagine how well someone like Nintendo might pull it off, and I really hope if this is taken on board this project could also. It would set the mood in a WW style like way, but much much darker.
  • Elliott Parkinson

zaneebaslave

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2010, 08:50:13 pm »
Oh, I already have a story. It's... rather lengthy. I'll post a link to it:
http://zelda.sucumbio.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=40#p40

It took me a while to write. Plot holes are probably bountiful (I'm not a very good writer), but my team liked it, and that is what we are going for with the story so far. sadly, there is a lot of stuff missing: For example... ZELDA! And a lot of temples and good things like that. I just need someone with ideas to help fill in the many numerous gaps and give me (Constructive) criticism.

What we are trying to do is make the stylized albeit realistic dark Zelda game that Zelda fans have wanted since Majora's Mask. But since we dont have the brainpower and money to make a 3D Zelda game, we have decided to do the next best thing... a 2.5D top-down Zelda game.
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2010, 03:01:08 pm »
I'm curious if the title accually is SWE'S FANGAME or do you have a potential name for it? Look's promising so far.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 55 queries.