Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Poll

Would you actually use this for multiple platforms (I mean REALLY, not just pissing around and testing with it)

Yes
- 22 (59.5%)
No
- 15 (40.5%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Rapid game developer - VOTE PLEASE!  (Read 19794 times)

Re: Rapid game developer (56k warning)
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2006, 11:44:58 am »
Helios, you finally posted it! I'd be glad to put that logo in my sig, but if you could make a smaller one, it would be awesome!

I just took a look at the screens and sh*t this is awesome!

I was thinking about the price, 5$ is really nothing, I mean you have been working on this for the last year (even more!) and only 5$? Maybe you could keep that price for ZFGC-ers but for the public... Well atleast you're gonna beat the hell out of GM!

I can only wish good luck to you!

Wait, in every post I make I ask for the help files in order to translate them, but the major drawback of GM (in the French community), is that the tool itself is in English. Is there a possibility for me to translate the software? Don't worry, I won't need the tool itself, just a text document or .xml file with the words.

Also, will this tool be upgradable with extensions? I guess no because Mac and Linux don't have .dlls... And I presume RGD also exists for Mac and Linux, not only for Windows right?

Keep it up!

1. ) Yes ill release languages files later, but not until im done.
2. ) Not sure about extensions, but its perfecly possible as linux and mac both have there equivilent of dlls (CHM for mac, and a shared library for linux)

3. ) Ill post RGD's icon in a sec if you wish to put something in your sig.  (Edit: Here, goter sort out the alpha-channel)

« Last Edit: April 03, 2006, 11:54:01 am by Helios »
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2006, 02:22:52 pm »
  • Its the joeshmo!
Wow. I will seriosly consider buying this product. So like 10$ US? Yeah, I can afford that. Should it be like via mail or with pay pal? What kinds of 3d models does it take? Does it support 3d skeletons? I use blender which creates .blend files. Will it support that? Does it have a modeler built in? Thanks
  • Netterra Virtual Pets
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2006, 03:21:01 pm »
  • Credits to BaB
I'm not pretty sure, but I think he hasn't finished the 3D part of the software. I'm adding the logo right now Helios! Thanks a bunch!
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2006, 04:19:10 pm »
  • You don't know me.
If you do implement 3D, could you make it accept Anim8or files? That is the only 3D modler I have.

No one located in this area of the internet remembers me.
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2006, 04:19:55 pm »
  • Its the joeshmo!
HOV, you should use blender. Its 50 times better than anim8or and free.
  • Netterra Virtual Pets
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2006, 04:26:47 pm »
  • Credits to BaB
I think he's going to add the most common ones including blender, 3DS Max, Maya, Milkshape etc.
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2006, 04:31:22 pm »
  • You don't know me.
HOV, you should use blender. Its 50 times better than anim8or and free.

But Anim8or is the only one I'm good at. And even then, I usually don't do so well....

Edit: And have you noticed how my name almost spells HIV? O_o
« Last Edit: April 03, 2006, 04:35:26 pm by Hero of Vortex »

« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2006, 05:07:57 pm »
Wow. I will seriosly consider buying this product. So like 10$ US? Yeah, I can afford that. Should it be like via mail or with pay pal? What kinds of 3d models does it take? Does it support 3d skeletons? I use blender which creates .blend files. Will it support that? Does it have a modeler built in? Thanks
1.) Dot get ahead of yourself im still programming, payment is the least of my worrys at the moment.
2.) Yes the layout i have for the 3d engine does support most of the basic 3d system (skeletons, generic formats..etc)
3.) I dought ill include blend files as its a very uncommon file-format for 3d games, but i might, you dont know.
4.) No, no modeler will be built in (well i might, but i dought it), its a system for making games, not making assets.

I'm not pretty sure, but I think he hasn't finished the 3D part of the software. I'm adding the logo right now Helios! Thanks a bunch!
Correct, only the basis of the 3d engine is done, at the moment im concentrating on getting all the cool GUI and 2D stuff in (Physics and what not)

If you do implement 3D, could you make it accept Anim8or files? That is the only 3D modler I have.
Look at my first answer at bullet point 3.

I think he's going to add the most common ones including blender, 3DS Max, Maya, Milkshape etc.
Yes i will be using the most common file-formats, ill add more as i progress, the first ill concentrate on are 3ds and a custom format.

Edit: And have you noticed how my name almost spells HIV? O_o
*Walks back slowly
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2006, 05:09:46 pm »
  • Its the joeshmo!
Ok. Thanks, Blender can export .3ds and almost any format you want it to. Is there going to be a max poly count on the 3d engine?
  • Netterra Virtual Pets
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2006, 05:33:51 pm »
  • Master Of Disaster
Wow... I remember when you started this... Seriously, all i can say is "AWESOME!" When you get this program done, i`m sure it will be really popular ^_^! Good luck man!

.TakaM was here
  • Lumeuni
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2006, 06:05:36 pm »
  • You don't know me.
Wow... I remember when you started this... Seriously, all i can say is "AWESOME!" When you get this program done, i`m sure it will be really popular ^_^! Good luck man!

It would be even more popular if it was completely free with everything unlocked and simply asked for an optional donation. *hint hint*

« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2006, 06:10:52 pm »
  • Credits to BaB

It would be even more popular if it was completely free with everything unlocked and simply asked for an optional donation. *hint hint*

That's just not gonna happen, too much effort has gone into this.
« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2006, 06:11:57 pm »
He deserves money and hello people? he doesn't ask much.
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2006, 06:17:01 pm »
Ok. Thanks, Blender can export .3ds and almost any format you want it to. Is there going to be a max poly count on the 3d engine?
I dought it, limiting the polygons is really up to the user. though i may add a map propertiey for that.
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2006, 06:40:29 pm »
  • You don't know me.
But Helios! Wouldn't you want to make sure a game doesn't run rediculously slow?! Once you finish programming the things required for 3D, you might wan to test to see how many polygons it can't handle and then set a limit.

That's just not gonna happen, too much effort has gone into this.

I thought it was blatantly obvious I was joking. Of course I'd nag my parents to pay ten dollars for it.   ;)

« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2006, 06:48:05 pm »
But Helios! Wouldn't you want to make sure a game doesn't run rediculously slow?! Once you finish programming the things required for 3D, you might wan to test to see how many polygons it can't handle and then set a limit.
[/quote ]

As ive said thats up to the user, if i followed that logic, id have to put limits on the amount of scripts you can run, amount of objects per map, ...etc which would be a real pain for users, all i have to do is program and optimize the engine, the application of it is up to the user.
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2006, 06:51:41 pm »
  • You don't know me.
Okay. At least that means someone can say "Check at this highly detailed 3D game!" and someone downloads it and it slows down their computer 10^10^100 (ten the the power of ten to the power of one hundred, or a Googleplex) fold. This would be for April Fools, of course. ;)

« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2006, 06:55:59 pm »
  • Its the joeshmo!
yah, poly limiting would be a bad idea. Sorry I brought it up.
  • Netterra Virtual Pets

CrystalAngel04

Resident ZFGC female
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2006, 07:25:45 pm »
  • \\*Caution*\\ The Internets: May contain Women
Wow! im impressed Helios! This has come so far since its early days as the ZGM I cant wait to see it finished and it will definately be worth the $10
  • -= Crystal Angel Creations =-
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2006, 07:27:59 pm »
Wow! im impressed Helios! This has come so far since its early days as the ZGM I cant wait to see it finished and it will definately be worth the $10

Sorry, i just had to post that <_<
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.069 seconds with 82 queries.