Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Alchemist Mock-up.  (Read 3509 times)

The Alchemist Mock-up.
« on: June 18, 2006, 12:06:37 am »
I don't know how many remember the Alchemist Topic, those who liked it, here is how it might look,
if you don't like the chibi looking sprites, please tell me, :P
C+C needed, and be honest, not only say "Looks good" or something like that. say what you like and what you don't like.

uma

Re: The Alchemist Mock-up.
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2006, 12:37:05 am »
  • Ghosts can have Aliens too you know.
Oh wow! That looks great! The only thing I would change is the shading on the hero's sprite.
Ghosts of Aliens
Entire project progress: About 20%

My FurAffinity!
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/umathefurry/

Pedlya

Pederp
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2006, 12:53:10 am »
  • Vote for Harvey!~
change the sonic wannabee tiles and you got yourself an awsome looking game
So what! I wanna get out! 'Cos there's so much out there! So many different people, living different lives! Incredibly good guys, bad guys... Folks completely different from us! It's one huge melting pot! See, it's not about success, dying in the streets, who's better, who's not! I just want to be a part of it! I realized that even if I've no connections, no talent, even if I'm one big loser, I want to use my hands and feet to think and move, to shape my own life! We can just die here or we can try, see what we've got!
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2006, 01:04:37 am »
Looks good, but the colours are too washed out! :P Try contrasting a bit more and it'll look even better.
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2006, 01:34:29 am »
Oh wow! That looks great! The only thing I would change is the shading on the hero's sprite.
i will do that add more contrast in the cloth.
change the sonic wannabee tiles and you got yourself an awsome looking game
I don't see any similarity between this game and sonic tiles, i think i understand what you ment, but i didn't saw a Sonic game for this one.. if you could add more into your post that would help.

Looks good, but the colours are too washed out! Tongue Try contrasting a bit more and it'll look even better.
Can you tell me what parts i should contrast more? i was only thinking in the hero, but im not sure if you only ment him.

Pedlya

Pederp
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2006, 01:53:27 am »
  • Vote for Harvey!~
the ground tiles you are using are lame....they look lik esonic i suggest changing them, other than that good job
So what! I wanna get out! 'Cos there's so much out there! So many different people, living different lives! Incredibly good guys, bad guys... Folks completely different from us! It's one huge melting pot! See, it's not about success, dying in the streets, who's better, who's not! I just want to be a part of it! I realized that even if I've no connections, no talent, even if I'm one big loser, I want to use my hands and feet to think and move, to shape my own life! We can just die here or we can try, see what we've got!
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2006, 02:04:07 am »
Use more contrast in general. The clouds might look alright with the low contrast as a background image, but it could help there as well. Keep it up..
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2006, 07:48:12 pm »
the ground tiles you are using are lame....they look lik esonic i suggest changing them, other than that good job
hmm i still haven't seen a sonic tiles that looks like those, if you can provide a pic that would help
Use more contrast in general. The clouds might look alright with the low contrast as a background image, but it could help there as well. Keep it up..
oh, i will leave the background with that colour, i might just change the tiles colour the same as the main character colours.
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2006, 08:13:40 pm »
Looks good.

And well I have a few things I want to say also, I don't like the HUD possition, move it futher into the corner, also don't just use flat floor tiles, have different slopes etc, makes things more interesting.

I ♥ Open Girlfriend (What!? I didn't add this.. must have been Solly!)
  • My DevArt Account
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2006, 11:27:10 pm »
Kren, do you mind if I do a quick colour edit? It might give you some ideas.

EDIT: Well you've seen it, so yeah..
« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 12:52:48 am by Q.K. »
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2006, 01:25:58 am »
Thanks Q.K. for the edit, now I edited the edited tiles XD

that's what i got, C+C needed.

Looks good.

And well I have a few things I want to say also, I don't like the HUD possition, move it futher into the corner, also don't just use flat floor tiles, have different slopes etc, makes things more interesting.
I know what you ment, but still i need to add the Health and magic hud, which might be in that space. still is beta, that's why it looks to flat.

rhalifax

Pixelated Tree
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2006, 01:49:17 am »
  • I'm here for the Bacon
Looks good, if you need any help with the shading and such just let me know, but overall its improved alot since the first one.  :)
Pixelated Tree. | I make crappy Youtube videos now.
XBL- aaronshatonyou | PSN- cpt ehren | Steam- cptehren
  • Pixelated Tree
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2006, 11:58:18 am »
  • Fendez Prez
Very nice Kren! The second, more contrasting version is much much better, it looks great! I'm not a fan of the black lines showing the corner of the bit sticking up in the ground, they're too black :P As said above, move the HUD up and left, at the moment it looks like it would be too obstructing...The enemies are funny too  8) Great clouds, great hero.

It's a good thing Fendez have you as spriter :)
  • Fendez Gaming
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2006, 04:40:51 pm »
  • Txet Lanosrep
Looks great man, I don't really like the character sprites though.  Keep up the good work!  Lol whats with Fendez and platformers XD.

Retro
  • TITANIC

ZonZon9000

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2006, 08:16:22 pm »
Nice man. I'm digging it.

The only thing that bugs me is the little tiny 4 year old with the 40 pounds sword in one hand. haha.
Loss jokingly, if i was playing this game i would want to have a more hero-ish looking guy. Like i said before, the kid looks like he's 4 years old.

hope you don't mind the C&C :P
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 64 queries.