Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Poll

-

-
-

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Down

Author Topic: [DEAD] The legend of Zelda 3D Flying Rooster  (Read 84882 times)

Re: [DEMO] The legend of Zelda 3D Flying Rooster
« Reply #180 on: June 21, 2011, 06:39:12 pm »
Your Back !!!!! and I am but what all do u need help on im not good with codes really just story and design
EDIT: I love the deku !
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 06:42:46 pm by Moffett1990 »
« Reply #181 on: June 22, 2011, 03:58:04 pm »
Yay! You're back! Deku lookin' good!
I'll add one of these later.
« Reply #182 on: June 22, 2011, 05:42:02 pm »
A 3-D Zelda game? I look forward to it.
Games that I support:

Forums that I am a member of:
« Reply #183 on: June 23, 2011, 08:31:00 pm »
Im very good at sketch-up, so if you u can implement sketchup ill help u out.

DarkMelon

Momo
« Reply #184 on: June 23, 2011, 09:15:16 pm »
  • I eat souls.
Aw, sweet this looks awesome! Keep up the great work.
« Reply #185 on: June 23, 2011, 09:27:41 pm »
  • Mr. Pixel
Thanks everyone.

Moffett1990, we can talk about story and design if you want help me with it. I got basic story-line which have to be etc. But fresh ideas are welcome :)

Masterpaul, I don't know how to import Sketchup models to Game maker and also I try make this game without real models. That way is hard and rocky, result won't the finest. But I am doing it because of principle :P

Tero Hannula
« Reply #186 on: June 23, 2011, 10:10:15 pm »
Thanks everyone.
Masterpaul, I don't know how to import Sketchup models to Game maker and also I try make this game without real models. That way is hard and rocky, result won't the finest. But I am doing it because of principle :P

Tero Hannula

No real models? what u mean?
« Reply #187 on: June 23, 2011, 10:10:15 pm »
ok cool just pm me and we can talk

« Reply #188 on: June 23, 2011, 11:00:59 pm »
Thanks everyone.

Tero Hannula

No real models? what u mean?
It's made with Game Maker. You can import models into a GM game or you can create them in-game with organic shapes. Drandula doesn't want to import models.
« Reply #189 on: June 23, 2011, 11:33:25 pm »
  • Mr. Pixel
"Real models" I mean models, which are made with programs like anim8r or Sketch Up. In this game all drawn are made with Game Maker's d3d_draw_ commands. Here is example:
Code: [Select]
//Kuva
d3d_draw_cylinder(3,4.5,3,-3,2,-3,sprite_get_texture(tex_littlethings,7),2,1,0,4)

//Sytytyslanka
d3d_draw_cylinder(-.25,-.25,0,+.25,+.25,-lanka+4.5,global.tex_ruukku,.1,.1,1,global.step)
//Pommi itse
d3d_draw_cone(2.5,-2.5,-3,-2.5,2.5,-3.25,sprite_get_texture(tex_littlethings,3),1,1,0,global.step)
d3d_draw_cone(4,-4,0,-4,4,-8,sprite_get_texture(tex_littlethings,4),1,1,0,global.step)
d3d_draw_cone(2.5,2.5,3,-2.5,-2.5,3.25,sprite_get_texture(tex_littlethings,3),1,1,0,global.step)
d3d_draw_cone(4,4,0,-4,-4,8,sprite_get_texture(tex_littlethings,4),1,1,0,global.step)
This is creates Powder Keg. d3d_draw_ commands gives just basic shapes, like ellipsoids, cones, blocks. Look closely: Link is made from chunky ellipsoid as head and hat, body and limbs are cones.

Usually doing this would make character look awful, but I am trying proof Game Maker can make relative nice 3D graphics within its limits. That's why I don't use U3D, Ogre or other 3D engines made for Game Maker.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 11:46:49 am by Drandula »

King Tetiro

Leader of Phoenix Heart
« Reply #190 on: June 24, 2011, 06:15:51 am »
Here's a question then. How do you do the black lining on the models?
  • Phoenix Heart
« Reply #191 on: June 24, 2011, 08:30:31 am »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
First I've got to say, WELCOME BACK DRANDULA!  XD Glad to see you around again.

When you talked about joints, I've gotta ask, are you thinking about making some sort of bone animation with multiple joints? Or did I misinterpret that? That would be impressive.
Anyway, good luck. I'll be sure to find time to check up on this.

Btw, I might have said it before but I absolutely love this project. :3
  • My Music
« Reply #192 on: June 24, 2011, 11:45:54 am »
  • Mr. Pixel
King Tetiro, basically its done by redrawing shapes again as black, slightly bigger and y1 y2 change places. For Powder Keg the code looks like this:
draw_set_color(c_black)
//Sytytyslanka
d3d_draw_cylinder(-.35,.35,0,.35,-.35,-lanka+4.6,global.tex_ruukku,.1,.1,1,global.step)
//Itse pommi
d3d_draw_cone(2.7,2.7,-2.8,-2.7,-2.7,-3.35,sprite_get_texture(tex_littlethings,3),1,1,0,global.step)
d3d_draw_cone(4.2,4.2,0,-4.2,-4.2,-8.2,sprite_get_texture(tex_littlethings,4),1,1,0,global.step)
d3d_draw_cone(2.7,-2.7,2.8,-2.7,2.7,3.35,sprite_get_texture(tex_littlethings,3),1,1,0,global.step)
d3d_draw_cone(4.2,-4.2,0,-4.2,4.2,8.2,sprite_get_texture(tex_littlethings,4),1,1,0,global.step)

draw_set_color(c_white)

Frozen炎, Good to see you too :) Well I don't know how explain it, so attachment will show how it looks like. (Try press Space and move mouse)

E.
 - Fixed minor bug with shield. While moving towards flying projectile, it sometimes hit link even though shield was equipped.
 - Fixed bug with sword. You could do backflip and slash and it made infinity sword -__-
 - Sword will slash back if button is pressed again. One slash you have to wait 1/3seconds,  two slashes you have ti wait 2/3seconds before you can slash again.
 - Now shield in back protects from projectiles.
 - Killing enemies with sword is fun >:D

Link can run normally while swinging his sword. It feels more fluently like that.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 02:37:29 pm by Drandula »
« Reply #193 on: June 24, 2011, 08:28:18 pm »
"Real models" I mean models, which are made with programs like anim8r or Sketch Up. In this game all drawn are made with Game Maker's d3d_draw_ commands. Here is example:
//Kuva
d3d_draw_cylinder(3,4.5,3,-3,2,-3,sprite_get_texture(tex_littlethings,7),2,1,0,4)

//Sytytyslanka
d3d_draw_cylinder(-.25,-.25,0,+.25,+.25,-lanka+4.5,global.tex_ruukku,.1,.1,1,global.step)
//Pommi itse
d3d_draw_cone(2.5,-2.5,-3,-2.5,2.5,-3.25,sprite_get_texture(tex_littlethings,3),1,1,0,global.step)
d3d_draw_cone(4,-4,0,-4,4,-8,sprite_get_texture(tex_littlethings,4),1,1,0,global.step)
d3d_draw_cone(2.5,2.5,3,-2.5,-2.5,3.25,sprite_get_texture(tex_littlethings,3),1,1,0,global.step)
d3d_draw_cone(4,4,0,-4,-4,8,sprite_get_texture(tex_littlethings,4),1,1,0,global.step)
This is creates Powder Keg. d3d_draw_ commands gives just basic shapes, like ellipsoids, cones, blocks. Look closely: Link is made from chunky ellipsoid as head and hat, body and limbs are cones.

Usually doing this would make character look awful, but I am trying proof Game Maker can make relative nice 3D graphics within its limits. That's why I don't use U3D, Ogre or other 3D engines made for Game Maker.

So its a lot of trail and error to get things to look right? How long does it takes to model? And what happens when u get to architecturally complex dungeons?

What you've done is incredible.
« Reply #194 on: June 24, 2011, 10:23:15 pm »
  • Mr. Pixel
^ Yes, and animating things is another problem.
Sometimes I first draw on paper coordinates and sketch what would it look like, Spider and Deku Scrub for example. About dungeons, I am really afraid how difficult those will be. Doing Goron mines was already time consuming Not hard and it doesn't look good, although it isn't finished.

The problem is time. I spent too much testing what things look like. Last two hours I was making Links animations for body, shield on back, lantern etc. when slashing. And still I am not satisfied on those. When I test things I usually drag up playing until I have killed all Octorocs and cut all bushes :P
Remember, this will take long time before it is finished. But I have no intention to let this die even if it takes years.

Making this as a team would solve the time problem, but who is stupid enough to team up with me :D Any volunteers?
« Reply #195 on: June 24, 2011, 10:51:55 pm »
^ Yes, and animating things is another problem.
Sometimes I first draw on paper coordinates and sketch what would it look like, Spider and Deku Scrub for example. About dungeons, I am really afraid how difficult those will be. Doing Goron mines was already time consuming Not hard and it doesn't look good, although it isn't finished.

The problem is time. I spent too much testing what things look like. Last two hours I was making Links animations for body, shield on back, lantern etc. when slashing. And still I am not satisfied on those. When I test things I usually drag up playing until I have killed all Octorocs and cut all bushes :P
Remember, this will take long time before it is finished. But I have no intention to let this die even if it takes years.

Making this as a team would solve the time problem, but who is stupid enough to team up with me :D Any volunteers?

Would modular components work? I mean, instead of drawing each thing again, just draw a few walls and put them into different combinations? This could work for most of the dungeon. Also using textures done in photoshop is that viable?

« Reply #196 on: June 25, 2011, 12:05:53 am »
Any volunteers?
I want to help, but I'm not too experienced in 3D for programming and mathematics. I'm also enjoying not being busy (not that I'm not doing any work, but too much is not great) this summer. I'm also going on vacation in two days and don't want to do anything during that time (plus I won't have my computer with me as I only have a desktop). I think my vacation lasts a little more than a week. When I get back (or the rest of the day and tomorrow), I can probably help a little bit with modeling (modeling being coding the drawing of shapes and sending you the code), though not much else. I am good at visualizing things and noticing how they can be reduced into simple shapes.
« Reply #197 on: June 25, 2011, 06:40:05 am »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
Frozen炎, Good to see you too :) Well I don't know how explain it, so attachment will show how it looks like. (Try press Space and move mouse)

Ah, I've done this before, only I can't tell if you've accomplished what I couldn't.
I'm not sure I can explain because it's very complex, but let's take a human arm for example: We have the shoulder joint (joint 1), the elbow joint (joint 2), and the wrist joint (joint 3). Let's say you rotate joint 3 90 degrees (forgetting about what axis, just to keep it simple), then you rotate joint 1 30 degrees. When joint 1 is rotated, it must also rotate joint 3. But you can't simply rotate joint 3 the same amount as joint 1, because it's 3 dimensions. If joint 2 was rotated at all, then you have to take that into account as well, but you can't just add on the rotations of joint 1 and 2 to joint 3. That easily works in 2 dimensions but not 3. That was my problem. Sorry I can't explain any better.

All it really means is that you have to have certain "frames", so to speak, in which you store all of the rotation values for the joints. The movements wouldn't be like true bones; you would have to do every movement, joint by joint, instead of the bones working for you.

If I confused you at all, just forget it. That's just the way I went about bones animation and I failed. I actually got it to work successfully with up to 3 joints a couple years ago, but then my brother accidentally deleted the game maker file when he wiped his hdd (back when I didn't have my own pc) and I could never remember how I did it (I got it to work by trying things without really thinking, so I got lucky).

So that little story of mine is why I was wondering if you succeeded in an actual bones animation and not just joints with points. ;3 Either way, very cool.
  • My Music
« Reply #198 on: June 25, 2011, 06:06:52 pm »
  • Mr. Pixel
Masterpaul, of course I would do dungeons from parts.
I didn't say anything about textures, but there is no limit how those are made. Also most of textures are in textures folder, so it is easy to make skins for this game :D

Jimn346, when I have finally pleased with engine, I will need help doing Kokiri houses, the Great Deku Tree and other static objects.

Frozen炎, I didn't understand anything ^^" 

I have made Jump attack and accidently combo for it.
I won't make spin attack, I tested it couple days ago, it didn't look good and felt overpowered.

DeathTailsz

Wanderer
« Reply #199 on: June 25, 2011, 07:07:24 pm »
  • Angelic Hymn
I won't make spin attack, I tested it couple days ago, it didn't look good and felt overpowered.
Spin attack has always been over powered. In Majora's Mask if you grab the Great Fairy buff for the spin attack you can kill the first boss in three hits by spin attacking by just rotating the control stick and mashing B. (Can also be done without but you'll have to stun him)

Annyywwaayyss, I like the deku scrub and the overall artistic theme of the game. Very unique imo. :D

"More like Stupei Ace Defective!" - Yukari - Persona 3
  • StarFox 2D
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.249 seconds with 81 queries.

anything