Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Poll

-

-
-

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down

Author Topic: [DEAD] The legend of Zelda 3D Flying Rooster  (Read 84867 times)

Re: [DEMO] The legend of Zelda 3D Flying Rooster
« Reply #200 on: June 25, 2011, 07:34:43 pm »
When you stand in front of a wall and throw a bomb, the bomb doesn't move forward because there's a wall in the way, so it lands in the same place as Link. He then can't move until the bomb explodes.
« Reply #201 on: June 25, 2011, 07:59:38 pm »
  • Mr. Pixel
^ Just pick it up again XD
« Reply #202 on: June 25, 2011, 10:12:02 pm »
so will there be another demo or video showing the dekus and the sword anytime soon ?
« Reply #203 on: June 25, 2011, 10:34:44 pm »
  • AKA "Micah DS"

Frozen炎, I didn't understand anything ^^"  

Ha ha, yeah I'm sorry, I did terrible at explaining because it's pretty complex and I'm not great at explaining things in the first place. I've attached an old editable GM6 of a failed model of Link that might show you what I mean. I must warn you that it is extremely flawed and incomplete, but maybe it will help me explain this better.
Here are the keys and what they (are supposed to) do:
-  W, A, S, and D move from the shoulder joints
-  F and H move from the elbow joint (only moves for right arm because the left arm was unnecessary until the formula was worked out)
-  I, J, K, and L move from center body mass (i.e. rotates entire body except for parts not programmed yet)
-  + and - raise and lower entire model
-  Left and Right arrow keys change the model's faced direction

I was just trying to explain that, instead of just letting the program know where to start the next limb or connected part of a model, it also let's it know how it should be rotated according to to positions and rotations of all other previous links before it. That's the best way I can think to describe it.

Anyway, the truth is that I just couldn't wrap my head around it and I still can't unfortunately. You are extremely smart and talented and you're doing amazing work on this project. I still can hardly believe what you've done with game maker already. I really hope you are able to acquire a team that is able to work together efficiently. ^_^
  • My Music
« Reply #204 on: June 25, 2011, 11:48:41 pm »
  • Mr. Pixel
Oh, I remember this example! *Once upon time little Game Maker user downloaded an example, which was total nonsense to little GM user. The end.*

But now, from the example, I learned something new. I didn't know you can put d3d_transform_add_translation() before rotations, this is just... Mindblowing.
I will study this for new possibilities. Thank you :)
« Reply #205 on: June 26, 2011, 03:40:00 am »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
I didn't think anyone could learn much of anything from flawed code, but your welcome. Glad it has opened up new possibilities to you. :)

Btw, I just noticed the Deku you made in a previous post! REALLY NICE! And I'm looking forward to a new demo to be released with the sword that you've spoken of. I really want to kill things with the sword. Very badly. ;3  And jump attack?! Can anyone say WIN?

As for the spin attack: The animation alone looks bad in the N64 games, but it's the swirling wind-like texture that actually makes it feel more smooth. I studied it a while ago and found that to be interesting. It's a pretty simple wind-like texture (colored blue or red) that trails behind/with Link's sword in a sort of a half donut shape that expands away from Link as it disappears. Anyway, I'm sure it is tricky to get it to look right, but I bet you could figure it out if you just take a look at how Link is animated in OoT (64 version, don't know about 3DS) or MM. Although, with the camera perspective of your game, you might want to look at one of the DS Zelda games to see how they do a spin animation. But it is up to you if you just want to drop the spin attack. The project won't suffer much without it imo.
  • My Music
« Reply #206 on: July 01, 2011, 03:09:26 pm »
  • Mr. Pixel
One another week behind in the army, one more week left (expect if Colonel accepts my application for AUK)

Frozen炎, now I understand little bit more about transformations, Thanks :)
I won't release public demo before I have made something with story related in the game (At this rate you have to wait another year  ::) ).
By the way, Moffett1990 was interested help me with the story, is anyone else interested?

This isn't related with my comment; Three fastest replies wins.

WolfPupLink

Wolf Pup Link
« Reply #207 on: July 01, 2011, 06:05:30 pm »
  • An aspiring designer and writer.
I would like to help you out with it just tell me what items and whatnot you will be using and I think I can help out with whatever you need. My E-MAIL is codytustison@yahoo.com this is my public E-MAIL address. :)
« Reply #208 on: July 01, 2011, 08:01:46 pm »
I am still interested lol and three fastest replies to what wins?
« Reply #209 on: July 02, 2011, 03:05:34 am »
  • ...---^^^---...
What did I win?  What did I win?
« Reply #210 on: July 02, 2011, 06:43:16 pm »
  • Mr. Pixel
Sorry WolfPupLink, I won't let you be one of the winners, but I have contacted you via e-mail.

Aero88 and Moffett1990, you have won something, but I'll let you know when we have third winner.

E. This is taking longer than I thought. Oh well, this would speed up the things: I'll let winners test the sword.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 11:32:58 pm by Drandula »
« Reply #211 on: July 02, 2011, 11:20:17 pm »
Cool !
« Reply #212 on: July 03, 2011, 12:00:03 am »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
... By the way, Moffett1990 was interested help me with the story, is anyone else interested?

Do you mean help out with the story as well? Or help out with something else?
I don't think I could help much with anything else besides story and planning out how the game plays according to the story (i.e. where Link goes, what items he finds, what items he needs to get past certain things and enter new areas, people he needs to talk to, side quests, sub-plot side quests, etc)
I think I've made up enough Zelda stories (among other RPG stories) to have some good ideas and experience.

I'm afraid that's the only thing I can help with at this time though. Though possibly some testing as well. Speaking of...

... I'll let winners test the sword.

I REALLLLLLY WANT!  XD
  • My Music
« Reply #213 on: July 03, 2011, 12:47:35 am »
  • Mr. Pixel
Congratulations, we have third winner. I'll send you PM's. I just sent PM's.

Frozen炎, yes I meant the story. But any other help is also accepted :)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 01:06:48 am by Drandula »
« Reply #214 on: July 03, 2011, 03:32:33 am »
  • ...---^^^---...
This is awesome.  Thanks!
« Reply #215 on: July 03, 2011, 04:25:04 am »
  • Mr. Pixel
No problem, you can comment here freely your feedback.

And this for others:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BdEppi19og" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BdEppi19og</a>

Xiphirx

wat
« Reply #216 on: July 03, 2011, 06:02:43 am »
  • Xiphirx
That has to be the greatest thing I have ever seen come out from a Zelda fan game. You're really amazing :)
  • For The Swarm
« Reply #217 on: July 03, 2011, 06:57:14 am »
Looks amazing. I was kinda missing the sound effects as those go a long way in the making it beter, but I'm sure you've already got that covered.
« Reply #218 on: July 04, 2011, 08:33:53 am »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
The demo you gave me is beautiful! You have great attention to detail, from the swinging of the lantern while walking to the flash hits of the sword. Obviously, the sword is still being worked on, so I didn't expect it to be really great, but it certainly wasn't bad. It did feel a little non-responsive though. But, as I said, I know it's still in the works. Honestly though, I haven't enjoyed a fan game this much, EVER. And it's still barely even begun! GREAT WORK!

Ok, as for the story, I have some questions:
Are you wanting to keep the story you have in the first post, or do you want something new? I think the idea of the story is good, but it definitely needs some refining. I'm also a little lost as to what you're thinking with the story. I mean, do you already know where you want to go with the 3 heroes? Also, do you want to figure out a way to work on the story in the background a little bit so we can avoid spoilers? It looks to me like you already are keeping some details out of the story because you don't want to give it away. Of course I can't help out unless I know where you would like the story to go. Maybe you'd like to send Moffett1990 and I a PM with the details and which direction you want the story to go?

This project seriously deserves a great story, so it would be really good if we were all on the same page so that we could work on it together.

Perhaps Moffett1990 would like to focus more on the actual story/plot and I could focus more on the world layout to go along with the story? Just throwing my thoughts out there, trying to get the ball rolling, so to speak.
  • My Music
« Reply #219 on: July 04, 2011, 01:08:39 pm »
No problem, you can comment here freely your feedback.

And this for others:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BdEppi19og" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BdEppi19og</a>

It looks like the sword has no weight. Link just swings it like it is made out of paper. Maybe if you made him lean forward?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 05:41:17 pm by masterpaul »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 81 queries.