Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Poll

-

-
-

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]   Go Down

Author Topic: [DEAD] The legend of Zelda 3D Flying Rooster  (Read 84896 times)

Re: [DEMO] The legend of Zelda 3D Flying Rooster
« Reply #220 on: July 04, 2011, 04:31:26 pm »
No problem, you can comment here freely your feedback.

And this for others:
------

It looks like the sword has no weight. ink just swings it like it is made out of paper. Maybe if you made him lean forward?
Yes, his body needs some kind of motion.
« Reply #221 on: July 09, 2011, 01:58:00 pm »
  • Mr. Pixel
Jimn465 and Masterpaul, the body does rotate with the body, you just can't see it from video.
But making Link lean forward is really hard task, and practically I would need recode Link's drawing script.

Thanks for feedback Frozen炎 I reduced time for sword slashes. I also sent you PM about story.

My application for AUK didn't go through, which is good news for you and bad news for me.
« Reply #222 on: July 12, 2011, 12:04:41 am »
its pretty cool i think the animation could look better maybe by making the other arm move instead of it being on his side when he swings the sword and maybe some time of forward lean idk.... I wouldnt even be able to get it as good as u did so good job

« Reply #223 on: July 12, 2011, 05:17:38 pm »
Yes, he needs to balance himself with his other arm!
« Reply #224 on: July 12, 2011, 11:24:35 pm »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
I got your PM with the story. I like your ideas on story and design. I have a few technical questions about world design that I will PM you later, when I get a chance. I plan to take the story you have and I will begin to design a concept world based off of it. I'm really excited about this! :3 I'm working a ton until Saturday. So I will probably do some work on the world design this weekend, depending on how my own project comes along.

Btw, for some reason, the sword feels fine to me when I play the demo you gave me. I guess it seems fine when running, but perhaps it's not good for standing still? All I know is that the motion feels fine when playing, just maybe not while watching someone play.
  • My Music

rshoel

Rshoel
« Reply #225 on: September 24, 2011, 11:35:17 pm »
  • rshoel
The only problem i got when im making 3d games is to make a animation for my models :L i can make quite good models if i want to but i cant get it how to make animations for them easly, anyknow know any good program for gmmod models?
rshoel / ICU Game development team
« Reply #226 on: September 27, 2011, 09:31:50 pm »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
... I have a few technical questions about world design that I will PM you later, when I get a chance. I plan to take the story you have and I will begin to design a concept world based off of it. ...

@ Drandula: I'm quoting myself because I have not gotten around to doing this. D: One problem I have is the concept world picture you gave me; it is very small and I can't exactly understand what I'm looking at. But it appears as if you have a very complete part of the world, and I feel that I can't do anything because I want to be sure that whatever I make works with what you already have.

I've decided to give my project a bit of a rest with the goal of entering NCFC next year instead of this year, meaning that I can actually help with this. I'm on break right now so I have to get back to work, but I will send you a message later (within 24 hours) with questions of grid size, room size, world size, and other questions, mainly about the world's dimensions and scale you would like. I'm still very excited about this project and I would very much love to help.

EDIT:
Sent that message to you Drandula. Hopefully I worded things so you can understand all my questions.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 09:07:44 am by Frozen炎 »
  • My Music
« Reply #227 on: September 30, 2011, 04:36:34 am »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
(double post because, even though this message is more directed at Drandula, it's also an update on the project, showing things are being done)

@ Drandula: I got that final message from you and, now that I think all the needed questions are answered, I've begun to work on the story and world design. Btw, after seeing that Blockker3D video, I can see that you've already got the basics figured out for the z value, and the animation of the character looks good too. For a second I forgot exactly how talented of a programmer you were. I will send you a message with progress when I've got a good amount of work done, or if I run into any more questions that need answering before progressing further.
  • My Music
« Reply #228 on: October 19, 2011, 07:03:44 am »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
Sorry for the TRIPLE post, but I sent Drandula a message quite a while ago and I wanted to be sure he knew about it. I'm waiting for your reply Drandula; I can't really make any more progress it until you do. :(

As you'll see in the message, I got the layout of Hyrule done, but I just can't take the design any further unless I'm on the exact same page as you are with the story. I don't have enough information and I don't know what parts of the story are set in stone and what is okay to change.

(Note: I will not make a 4th post, no matter what. I didn't even realize this was a triple post. D: Sorry. In my defense, I felt it was very necessary and that it is in the project's best interest as I'm only trying to help Drandula out and I'm pretty sure he just missed the message somehow.)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 07:08:45 am by Frozen炎 »
  • My Music
Re: [DEAD] The legend of Zelda 3D Flying Rooster
« Reply #229 on: February 23, 2013, 12:02:55 pm »
I'mma bump it because it's the best Zelda (or even 3D) game I've seen in Game Maker.

If Drandula has stopped making it, maybe some of us could find someone else who would be happy to start it up again?
What has been made so far is just simply amazing, and I'd hate to see it sit around and die. I, (like many others) think that I can really see this going somewhere huge if we could attach some story and add a few more things to the engine.

http://gmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?showtopic=474399&st=0
If anyone else has Game Maker and is interested in messing around with his 3D example...
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 12:22:12 pm by Dasszz »

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #230 on: February 23, 2013, 12:49:41 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
You don't have to bump a 2 year old topic...why not simply make a new one and ask in there.
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART
« Reply #231 on: February 23, 2013, 01:46:55 pm »
I'mma bump it because it's the best Zelda (or even 3D) game I've seen in Game Maker.

If Drandula has stopped making it, maybe some of us could find someone else who would be happy to start it up again?
What has been made so far is just simply amazing, and I'd hate to see it sit around and die. I, (like many others) think that I can really see this going somewhere huge if we could attach some story and add a few more things to the engine.

If anyone else has Game Maker and is interested in messing around with his 3D example...

I thought I would mention it too because I didn't see it clearly in this topic, but Drandula actually released the source to Flying Rooster in another topic. This is to say that if someone else wanted to start it up again they probably could although they should give him credit for his work on the base engine. The topic with the source code is here: http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=38910.0 (it seems different from the source links that you provided)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 02:15:51 pm by 4Sword »
« Reply #232 on: February 23, 2013, 03:40:18 pm »
  • <3

I agree, it looks impressive for a Zelda game. But realize that one person making a complete 3D zelda game is an impossible task. This would need a large team to even have any chance of being completed, even if someone decided to continue the project, and to this day I don't know of a single full-length Zelda fangame that has been finished. That said, if a Zelda fangame is ever finished it should be this one.

Edit: Actually there are a couple completed fangames (Return of the Hylian and its siblings) but they are not full length AFAIK.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 03:45:04 pm by jdbye »
I'm not on ZFGC a lot anymore, but I'm on the IRC channel.
Online Multiplayer Uno Card Game!

Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!
  • My Website
« Reply #233 on: February 23, 2013, 04:30:05 pm »
The topic with the source code is here: http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=38910.0 (it seems different from the source links that you provided)
Hmm, I actually didn't see that topic, but I did already get the source link from the GMC.

Edit: Actually there are a couple completed fangames (Return of the Hylian and its siblings) but they are not full length AFAIK.
Nor are they 3D. This is what makes this one so special. I prefer the 3D Zelda games over the RPG styled ones by far. (but they're are still fun.)

But realize that one person making a complete 3D zelda game is an impossible task. This would need a large team to even have any chance of being completed
Lets start looking, then!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 07:27:45 pm by Dasszz »
« Reply #234 on: February 24, 2013, 08:27:29 am »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
Hey, I know this is dead, but I realized that I sent this color-coded map to Drandula right as he stopped making the game and no one has seen it but him. I was helping him a bit back then and this was my proposed world layout for Flying Rooster:

Note: The little cave symbols mean it is a tunnel access between the two areas; open breaks between areas simply mean you hit the edge of an area and go directly to the next area. Pretty simple to understand.
PLEASE also note that the Deku Community and the Deku's Great Library are part of Drandula's story and the idea of having a Deku community comes from Drandula's mind, not mine. So if you get inspired by it to have a Deku community in your own fan game, let it be known that it was first from Drandula's great mind... let it never be said that Frozen didn't give credit like a bawws!
Oh, on that last note: If you like the map and want to use it for your own game, feel free to just chop off the Great Library and Deku Community and use the rest of the map as is or modify it to your hearts content. If it isn't obvious, I based the map off of OoT and TP. And no credit is necessary.

I figured that I should post the map here since there has been some small talk of continuing the project and there have also been some links to the source posted already, so I wanted to post this in case someone wanted to use it, but I didn't want to revive yet another dead thread (i.e. where the source code link is) with this so I figured it would be best to put it here.

Also, Drandula had sent me more in-depth maps on the forest, but the link he gave me back then is now dead and I wouldn't post those here now anyway without asking him first because I never like to give anything out without the author's permission, even though I highly doubt he'd care, it's up to him to tell me if he cares or not (that's just how I do things). I do still have the beginning story and walkthrough in a message from Drandula, so if someone ends up wanting to be true to the original project, they can ask me for it and I'll see if I can ask Drandula if it's okay to give out and maybe even if he has any other resources or documentation that he never released that he could also give out.

With all that said, if someone does revive the Flying Rooster project or even just uses Drandula's source code, I think it would be proper to at least attempt to notify him and to most-definitely credit him, whether you are able to contact him or not. He might lurk on the forums every now and then, I dunno, and I'm not sure if he'll get a PM if you send it.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 08:29:32 am by Frozen炎 »
  • My Music
« Reply #235 on: February 24, 2013, 07:52:33 pm »
  • Mr. Pixel
I am here.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 09:14:59 pm by Drandula »

thestig

« Reply #236 on: February 24, 2013, 11:21:31 pm »
Its nice to see you come around here, Drandula. Welcome back :D ...and interesting picture O_o
« Reply #237 on: February 25, 2013, 01:20:21 am »
Hey, I know this is dead, but I realized that I sent this color-coded map to Drandula right as he stopped making the game and no one has seen it but him.
Yay, I actually saw your posts and hoped that you had some information for us!

I am here.
Oh wow... Who, did you draw all that??
Awesome to see that you're still around though, Drandula!

In a bit I'm going to try to get this dead thing a bit more people.
« Reply #238 on: February 26, 2013, 12:01:01 am »
  • Mr. Pixel
I still get e-mail notifications from replies in this topic.
The picture shows my paperwork for Flying Rooster, which I still hold with me. I may have lost some of them and this is all I can find right now.

So, if you want relive this project, I am fine with that. Frozen炎, I apologize that I did never answer you. You can send the information you have in this topic if you and others want it, but I ask you to add spoiler tags. It would be honor for myself to see you taking this project in your hands.

I can help you with this, but I will not continue it personally. My life have changed since beginning of this project and I show no interest returning what I used to be.

Tero Hannula

ps. There will be mention of this project in this documentary: https://www.facebook.com/ItsDangerousToGoAloneMovie
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 12:13:11 am by Drandula »

Antidote

>.>
« Reply #239 on: February 26, 2013, 03:00:16 am »
  • In all seriousness who's serious?
It's good to see you're still around Dan :D
and LOL @ email notifications
  • Axiomatic Data Laboratories
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 81 queries.

anything