Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shane's Spriting Spree  (Read 5361 times)

Shane's Spriting Spree
« on: July 16, 2015, 05:39:13 pm »
OK, not really. I'm the slowest spriter in the entire world for all I know, so don't expect me to make sprites at a fast or even decent pace. Also, I prefer doing Gameboy Zelda graphics more, they hold a charm I prefer. So don't expect Minish Cap graphics... not like I'll be able to achieve such quality sprites, I've still got a long way to go. All of these sprites will or were going to be a part of my upcoming Zelda fan game unless I say otherwise. If you wish to know about my fan game, I might make a progress thread, but I'll probably refrain for now since it's still in early stages and I can get lazy at times.

So here's the first batch of sprites! Here we have the entrance to the Tower of Hylia, an important location in my game. It's not a central dungeon, but you do visit it more than once. You'll see what I mean hopefully.

The tower overview sprites might stay and may see slight (perspective) edits or additions, but I have plans to redesign the entrance due to specific reasons that I don't want to get too deep into. Speaking of the entrance, the goddess statues to be more precise, I referenced someone's work on here, but I lost my notepad of credits. I'll be doing some personal searching, but maybe someone will be reminded or something.

And please, don't use my work. If you do, please at least credit me. Feedback and advice is the reason why I made this thread. ZFGC has some talented spriters that have mind blown me, and I want all the help I can get. I also have my final year of school, and if I fail I have to do another year so obvious stress will add to my laziness. Life... just let me sprite in peace. >_<
Shane's Spriting Spree - Title Screen
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2015, 02:56:44 pm »

Oh look, a title screen.

Sinkin

Team Dekunutz
Re: Shane's Spriting Spree
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2015, 03:25:51 pm »
  • Idk
The title screen is sweet, well done! I can't really say anything good or bad about the entrance because of my lack of knowledge when it comes to this style. But I can see if I can take a better look at it and give you some feedback, if there is any!
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2015, 04:57:15 pm »
Basically, the only rule here is 4 colours (including transparency) per 8x8 pixels. I'm fine with breaking the rules just slightly if the end result is much better. I'm planning to redo the entrance, I don't want it that wide (for overworld design reasons) and I might go for something more along the lines of the entrance to the Black Tower in Oracle of Ages, but I dunno yet.

Thank you for the response BTW!
Shane's Spriting Spree - Tower of Hylia WIP
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2015, 11:17:54 am »

WIP.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 11:45:12 am by Shane »

Darklink45

aka Faded Led
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2015, 04:06:05 am »
Great improvement and design, I used to do a lot of GB Zelda pixel art. As for some CC I would recommend adding "shine" in some edges, like in the roof and its tiles.
I've always liked the ominous vibe the buildings and castles give.
Personal site: Faded Led
People die when they are killed.
Shane's Spriting Spree - Tower of Hylia WIP 2
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2015, 06:42:22 am »

Hm... Like so?
Shane's Spriting Spree - New GBZ Walls WIP
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2015, 10:36:49 am »
Wasn't too fond of the Gameboy Zelda wall proportions, so I am going to make my own dungeon walls with A Link to the Past wall proportions. The style is meant to fairly simple and minimal at best, but I'm not sure how to implement corner pillars or doors. Hmm. Well anyway, here is what I have so far:

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2015, 04:56:44 pm »
  • It's just Max.
It definitely doesn't clash with Gameboy style, it looks good and natural! I think there's something that must be missing though, because it suffers from that illusion where you can't tell if you're looking at something inside an open box, or on top of a closed box, you know?

Shane's Spriting Spree - Character Sprite
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2015, 11:04:42 am »
^Late, but noted. Not sure if I will go that direction given how many other sets of dungeon walls I have to tackle. I might stick to the typical Gameboy Zelda dungeon graphics.

Anyway, more spriting practice. I drew a character from my fan game.

I'm having trouble with the body and legs unfortunately. I drew this ground up, trial and error and referenced various spriting techniques the Gameboy Zelda cutscenes did. Not sure if I will use this in-game or otherwise merely spriting practice. Any tips and help would be wonderful.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 57 queries.