Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved] 4 Giants+a little bit of other MM sprites  (Read 14610 times)

Re: Request 4 Giants+a little bit of other MM sp...
« Reply #60 on: May 04, 2010, 01:29:50 am »
Wel look im not going to post them anywhere WAIT can I post the ones with the spriter who made it on the pic to y wesite im making? (not any that dont have a spriter on it) if not then I will have to cancel it :(. But if icant then thats ok but can I collect? All im going to do is save them to my harddrive. And im going to delete all the sprites that dont have a username right next to them on da

Dark-Hylian

Silence
« Reply #61 on: May 04, 2010, 01:35:31 am »
I'd say you get the site up and running, then collect to there. Have all of your images ONLY on the site. On said site you can collect as much as you want, as long as it has the creator and terms of credit. I wouldn't save to the hardrive, just move all of the ones you have to your new site, then delete the ones without names. Simple as that. I'd think that'd be acceptable.
  • Dawning Hour
« Reply #62 on: May 04, 2010, 01:44:16 am »
Why delete of my harddrive? Do you know how much work I did to collect those?. Im not going to show the non named ones :) but will someone help me with request?

Ethelon

Awesome Resized Avys
« Reply #63 on: May 04, 2010, 01:46:40 am »
^
Because they shouldn't have been there in the first place?

Xfixium: "Leader"/Lead Programmer/Lead Spriter,  Cypras: Programmer, Ethelon: Tiler/Spriter, Darklink45: Spriter, Noseblunt3: Spriter,
SinkinDevil: Spriter, Dotyue: Spriter, Tompel: Tiler/Spriter, 
Mamoruanime: Tiler, DJvenom: Spriter
« Reply #64 on: May 04, 2010, 01:49:07 am »
You did so much work right clicking on other people's work and saving them to folders which you later organized. You don't have to delete them all I guess, just as other people suggested, upload them on some site where you are giving full credit for everything.
« Reply #65 on: May 04, 2010, 01:59:32 am »
I dont know, im not going to post anywhere I just want to have them and see all things I found so its nothing to worry about and I need those mm srites for my game
« Reply #66 on: May 04, 2010, 07:11:16 am »
Plz ban now so he doesn't steal anything else from here?

Banned users can still view the boards :\
Gah, I was sure an IP ban stopped that D:

Anyway, you do need to go about it properly. Even downloading picasa and tagging each image with the url you got it from would be a start.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
« Reply #67 on: May 04, 2010, 08:12:09 am »
I think this drama has gone on long enough. I don't think a ban is necessary or would help anything. Zeemo I do still have some advice for you about collecting and requesting sprites. Most has already been said.

About Collecting:
- There is nothing wrong with storing it to your HDD. But always make sure you keep source information along with. Source information about the URL where you got it from, when was the last time you actually visited the page with the sprites. And most important the creator of the sprite.

- If you find a spritesheet without any information even not on the page it is posted save the URL for yourself but do not distribute it any further. Because someone else has made the mistake of redistributing it already without credit.

- If you don't know the credits anymore don't distribute them.

- Do not re-upload and distribute other peoples sprites through DA. I know you want to help upcoming spriters and developers to find everything more easy, but all you do is hurting the future. Instead of giving out sprites, forward people to communities that are developing resources and games. Then those newbies can join those communities, learn to develop and later teach other newbies. By just supplying resources on one website, without having a community you become a barrier to future new resources.

- When editing existing sprites, you better ask the original creator. If it is not possible due to no known source or the creator just does not respond after a month, then it is probably better to start from scratch. When you do get permission always mention the original's creator and that you got permission. Also before distributing your edit, you might want to show the original's creator it first. I don't think he would like it that even if he gives permission to edit, that his original work gets raped and molested.

- For your website. It is really nice to make a repository where sprites are collected. But only post the sprites that other people have submitted to you or where you explicitly have been given permission to post it.

About requesting sprites:
- First it would be good to give some details about what you want and where you want it for. Details like the style, the poses and maybe the animations. But also details about the situation you want it for. I have checked your back log of posts and you mentioned your game once before and in such a manner than you did not even sounded serious about making a game. For the rest your posts were you asking for sprites, boasting about your collection or asking to add WIP sprites to your collection. Give details about what you are looking for.

- Second return goodwill. The sprites made in these communities are made out of good will and to help others. People are not asking anything in return. But if someone only requests and never gives back it creates a bit of bad blood. When requesting for resources be kind and provide some in return. And I am not talking about redistributing other peoples sprites.

- Do not sit on your lazy ass waiting for others to fulfil your request. Become active, even if you can not sprite yourself, you can make a start. Start making the sprites you requested and post your progress. Other people will give C+C and maybe some will make edits. But together you will get a great result. But you will have to take the initiative.

Thus if you want to get those 4 giants, I suggest you start with making them yourself. Improve your reputation because at this moment you have one of a leech. You also start to sound more like you are demanding sprites and not requesting. And you don't give anything in return.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 09:05:34 am by Niek »
« Reply #68 on: May 04, 2010, 11:23:49 pm »
Ok good advice neik and I have started spriting like I said I made the zoras (not ruto) but the other ones, hey did you see the ugly zoras on top? The ones that are boring and have no style? (i need to get rid of those...) those were my start cause I started with a outline base and a gbc zora head and boom and did you see the links? I made those (not the ones on the huge spritesheet I just recolored those but I gave credit!) imade those. But to everyone check out my deviations I fixed the credit problem, I kept some that had credit with them. Like links and some gorons
« Reply #69 on: May 04, 2010, 11:30:50 pm »
I'll make the giants...i haven't made something of that stature yet but will someone make the others? I won't be able to for a while cause i'm grounded and I have of list of things I need to do: complete my fakedex (over a 100 sprites), work on my business websites (including the sprite one), organize my collections, work on ripping from PH and ST, revamping gbc sprites (pkmn and zelda), and finally the sprites. But check what I did already on da like my pokemon world map, my sprites I made and revamped, etc.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #70 on: May 04, 2010, 11:41:02 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
Also remember that you can edit your posts instead of posting again, especially so shortly after making the first post. Also, you don't seem to be listening to what anyone's saying... You're taking bits and pieces that you want to hear and responding slightly awkwardly towards them. It's like you get the jist of it, but not the whole picture.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 11:51:31 pm by Mamoruアニメ »
« Reply #71 on: May 05, 2010, 12:52:50 am »
No I get what you guys are saying but i'm just trying to continue what this topic was supposed to be about and I thought I did what I was supposed to I just kept some of the sprites from nintendo and ones that have the creditnext to them and i'm going to sprite like you guys said and I learned a good technique on one of the other topics that will help out, in fact I want to make a topic that I could accept requests from people and sprite them or maybe i'll just keep making sprites in my own style (like the zoras and links that I made)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 62 queries.

anything