Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Variable issue...I think >.>  (Read 849 times)

Variable issue...I think >.>
« on: December 07, 2008, 08:28:09 pm »
Alright, I have the variables global.linkx and global.linky.
In my step, they are being set to link.x and link.y.

After so many steps, you enter the battle screen.
The battle screen ends by pushing enter.

Link appears at global.linkx and global.linky like it is supposed to but now I can't move Link at all.

Suggestions?

EDIT: I kind fixed it in that Link speed is 0 then it goes to the battle screen.
It locks Link in place if you enter the battle screen in mid movement with the grid.

NEVERMIND!!!
When it checks to see if the encounter = 100, I had it check to make sure Link was snapped to the grid.  Works perfect now! :)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 08:36:19 pm by Theforeshadower »
  • Super Fan Gamers!
Re: Variable issue...I think >.>
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2008, 08:36:08 pm »
Wow... really, seems like an easy thing to figure out, although the lack of information or the description gets confusing.  Assuming that link.x and link.y are just the x and y of object link, and that the link object is appearing where it should, chances are that some kind of conditional check is giving you a value that won't permit you to move or something - or if you have a type of "link" object that doesn't move, you might have used that instead and cannot move it as it has no ability to move in its coding.

And seeing as you claimed to have solved it, perhaps you could try to solve it before making a topic about it, ugh...
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2008, 08:36:55 pm »
Wow... really, seems like an easy thing to figure out, although the lack of information or the description gets confusing.  Assuming that link.x and link.y are just the x and y of object link, and that the link object is appearing where it should, chances are that some kind of conditional check is giving you a value that won't permit you to move or something - or if you have a type of "link" object that doesn't move, you might have used that instead and cannot move it as it has no ability to move in its coding.

And seeing as you claimed to have solved it, perhaps you could try to solve it before making a topic about it, ugh...
I fixed it as you were typing this. 

Mod lock please.
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2008, 08:37:18 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
Locked due to request.
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 46 queries.

anything