Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: KOT Enemy Sprite Topic  (Read 61113 times)

Re: KOT Enemy Sprite Topic
« Reply #140 on: April 24, 2016, 04:09:13 pm »
I think this goes into the right direction but the "blur" itself should probably have a lower opacity in contrast to the axe, so that you can easier differentiate between blur and axe itself. Right now it looks more as if the axe evolves into a huge scythe. Maybe its also just me.

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #141 on: April 24, 2016, 04:24:40 pm »
  • .越//
I think this goes into the right direction but the "blur" itself should probably have a lower opacity in contrast to the axe, so that you can easier differentiate between blur and axe itself. Right now it looks more as if the axe evolves into a huge scythe. Maybe its also just me.

it should be like with the lizalfos axe swing blur i think he means

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

« Reply #142 on: April 24, 2016, 05:54:20 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
OK, so I fixed the axe blur, and I also did the up slash, that do you think?
« Reply #143 on: April 24, 2016, 06:13:37 pm »
I personally liked the blur with the colouration of the axe more, as it seems more realisitc to me. I just meant that the structure of the axe itself should be more in the focus. So instead of a big blur, I meant a clearly visible axe with a blur behind it in the colour of the axe. But this version looks also pretty nice. Maybe you should wait for the other opinions to. Or what do you think? :)
« Reply #144 on: April 24, 2016, 06:44:59 pm »
  • It's just Max.
I didn't have any problem reading the colored blur as the axe in motion- I think Link's sword swing is this way, right? That'd probably be a good reference for how Nintendo makes the motion blur of an attack work.

Also, it seems strange to me that the Iron Knuckle is swinging his head around with his attack. Like, usually when you swing a sword or baseball bat or whatever you look at what you're trying to hit, you don't just follow the end of the bald with your eyes. I think when Link attacks, he keeps his head forward in the direction he's attacking, right?

Anyway, overall this dude looks sweet, great job guys! Also, have we considered how the armor falling off will work? Is it like, every hit/magnetic glove use a piece falls off, which would probably be a lot of animations or piecing the enemy together from different objects or something, or are we gonna do like Majora's mask, where each hit you see an animation of some armor getting destroyed, but it all falls off at once, or in two stages? Probably good to lock that down, it looked like there were four or five armor stages back a while ago.
« Reply #145 on: April 24, 2016, 06:45:16 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
Looks really nice!  My suggestion though (and I know this is a bit of a pain, so it's up to you if you want to do it) is to have the blur throughout most of the swing animation instead of just 2 frames.  Otherwise it's gonna look like a blip instead of a smooth blur

i love big weenies and i cannot lie

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #146 on: April 24, 2016, 07:19:32 pm »
  • .越//
but it all falls off at once, or in two stages? Probably good to lock that down, it looked like there were four or five armor stages back a while ago.

since his helm won't fall off there are max. 3 Stages:

- Full Armor
- Chopped Horns
- Chopped Horns + Undergarment

in MM were Full and Chopped + Underg.

My new Version only had those two differences since the bulky head looks strange with the old body when there are no shoulderpads

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

« Reply #147 on: April 24, 2016, 08:06:12 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
Also, it seems strange to me that the Iron Knuckle is swinging his head around with his attack. Like, usually when you swing a sword or baseball bat or whatever you look at what you're trying to hit, you don't just follow the end of the bald with your eyes. I think when Link attacks, he keeps his head forward in the direction he's attacking, right?
Actually I inspired this from OoT, he turns his head and body to slash, so its not the same as with a sword, since it is way heavier and requiere much more strenght.

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #148 on: April 24, 2016, 10:46:34 pm »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
Did a little bit of research... I might have made a mistake.

I didn't have any problem reading the colored blur as the axe in motion- I think Link's sword swing is this way, right? That'd probably be a good reference for how Nintendo makes the motion blur of an attack work.

1. Yes, Link's sword does have a bit of a motion blur when he swings it. Also when he's using the Spin Blade technique. HOWEVER, as far as I have been able to observe, none of the large grunt enemies (Darknuts, Keatons, Moblins) use motion blurs for their attacks. In fact, only Link's sword swing has an effect even remotely resembling a motion blur, with the one exception (maybe) of the Darknut's stab-and-twist attack.

2. Well, kinda. See attached image. From the one angle we can tell (facing south), he actually seems to keep his eyes on his target. But he does turn his head.

My suggestion though (and I know this is a bit of a pain, so it's up to you if you want to do it) is to have the blur throughout most of the swing animation instead of just 2 frames.  Otherwise it's gonna look like a blip instead of a smooth blur

I'd suggest this, but then again, there is no motion blur found in a bunch of MC-styled foes. However, the Iron Knuckle's insta-kill-if-you-are-doing-a-3-heart-run axe attack can be made an exception. As a general animation rule of thumb, a one-frame motion blur is supposed to basically resemble a very fast motion since you have to flatten every tween into one frame. For the Iron Knuckle we want an attack that connotes more strength than speed, right? So if the motion blur were spread out to two, three, maybe four frames, that would do it.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 10:49:05 pm by Miles07 »
I was talking to my friend last night, and he was mentioning about how in 1980, he thought the internet would become this amazing place where people from across the world would share ideas. I was telling him about how this project [KOT] has worked, lurching along for years and drawn by different people from across the globe, and he thought it was beautiful. And he was right, it's awesome. :D

Zelda Items Spritesheet album (OUT OF DATE) - (link here)
A Link Across Time project - (link here)
Boss Keys project (Metroid) - (link here)
Boss Keys project (Zelda) - (link here)
Boss Keys project Trello Board - (link here)
Geozard MC Style
« Reply #149 on: May 14, 2016, 10:26:04 am »
  • Just call me Brad
I attempted to do this guy! I thought it would be cool to have a stronger variant of the Zola in this game. This guy will be like a darknut (since in that segment of the game and area, there are no darknuts, so it could work as a variation), but without armor, and will sometimes shoot fireballs at you.
I animated the attack and walking animation, I think it looks pretty cool, and it would be a cool addition to the game.
I edited Leduardo´s and Koh´s attempt and I fused it with the Zola I did with Miles, so it looks like the normal Zola, but stronger.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 10:30:25 am by SpritingBrad »
« Reply #150 on: May 14, 2016, 05:54:58 pm »
I somehow dislike the idea of the armored version of the Geozard. I don't really know why, but it doesn't feel right. So in my personal opinion only an "unarmored" version should be used.

Regardless the sprites look really nice. However I think it's too plane and the green tone is not the right one (this is clearly influenced by my memory of the Geozard in the NDS Zelda games). Have you considered using the structures on the upper body and the green tones of those?

http://zeldawiki.org/Geozard
http://zeldawiki.org/Geozard_Chief

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #151 on: May 14, 2016, 06:41:48 pm »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
I think that we're coming up with a bunch of enemies that all use the MC Darknut body as a base, and we should probably move away from that.
I was talking to my friend last night, and he was mentioning about how in 1980, he thought the internet would become this amazing place where people from across the world would share ideas. I was telling him about how this project [KOT] has worked, lurching along for years and drawn by different people from across the globe, and he thought it was beautiful. And he was right, it's awesome. :D

« Reply #152 on: May 14, 2016, 09:54:04 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
fyi, NPCs need to go through a submission and approval phase for their behavior, health etc before spriting them

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
Igneus Arachnid, Volcanoraxus sprite
« Reply #153 on: June 30, 2016, 10:33:39 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
So I found Sinkin´s sprite attempt of the Volcanoraxus. It was a little rough, So I cleaned it and animated it! I also did the back view.
So this boss still needs the side view (I only did the head, the body is harder) and all the attack animations. It is never specified if it has a weak spot of how you battle it with the bomb cannon. Do you just shoot it with bombs until it dies? Seams too easy for the third in-game boss.
Maybe I´m missing something, could you guys clarify this for me?
The lava will be animated, so it is best to have an animated layed for it instead of putting ALL the animated bits to the lava onto the body.

Anyways, I post this on the enemy sprite topic because I´m too lazy to make another one :P

What do you think? I added Sinkin´s original sprite on the sheet too.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 10:53:55 pm by SpritingBrad »
Volcanoraxus update
« Reply #154 on: July 01, 2016, 12:51:27 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
So I made the attack animations of both the top and down views.
The only one left is the side view.

Sinkin

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #155 on: July 01, 2016, 05:21:13 pm »
  • Idk
Oh wow, that one is really old haha. Can't believe that's from 2012, I'm getting old. I did a quick rework of it, only the head though. I think I went a bit too far with it, but I might continue on it buuuut here it is.

EDIT: Oh also, head is still a little bit rough, so I will get into that later if have more time to spend on it.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 05:22:55 pm by Sinkin »
« Reply #156 on: July 01, 2016, 05:35:18 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
Oh wow, that one is really old haha. Can't believe that's from 2012, I'm getting old. I did a quick rework of it, only the head though. I think I went a bit too far with it, but I might continue on it buuuut here it is.

EDIT: Oh also, head is still a little bit rough, so I will get into that later if have more time to spend on it.

DUDE THAT HEAD IS HUGE! XD

The other one looks like his baby, maybe it can have little babies that come at you? hmm
« Reply #157 on: July 01, 2016, 06:27:53 pm »
I like that idea. The small ones could be spreaded inside the dungeon and maybe also hatch from eggs duringe the boss fight? and  the "mother" would be the dungeon boss than.
« Reply #158 on: July 01, 2016, 07:07:28 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
I like that idea. The small ones could be spreaded inside the dungeon and maybe also hatch from eggs duringe the boss fight? and  the "mother" would be the dungeon boss than.

Maybe the size of a tektite or a bit larger

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #159 on: July 01, 2016, 07:08:02 pm »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
Sounds a lot like Gohma. (Thinking of Inside the Deku Tree from OoT, for example.)

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 78 queries.