Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Revise] Jack and his crew  (Read 14304 times)

Re: [Submission] Jack and his crew
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2012, 10:22:25 pm »
  • It's the grineer
I want to see you develop this idea further as what you have right now seems like a good start. Jack as the troubled, but good-hearted guy... Guilermo as the guy who see's the good in people, but restrains Jack and takes abuse as a result. And Catherine, the outcast who has no place.

It seems you got the right idea.

They are actually a travelling gang, so they don't stay too long on the place they go. Jack is a wanted criminal in Hyrule, so he's the main candidate not to stay. I was thinking on making Jack learn teach Link some thief technique, such as tightrope walking, wall running or so. After all, he's a thief!

Their main puropse would be to get them back together, and as the story develops, and Link visits more places, he'll find more members. I'm planning to make a total of 7 members, and try to alternate races.
Re: [Submission] Jack and his crew
« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2012, 06:06:31 pm »
  • It's just Max.
Alright, so this hasn't seen development in like a week, but if you're planning 7 members... 7 is too many. I think 1 or 2 more tops. And also, mention the sidequest in the first post, that the object is to find them all and get them back together so they can sail the seas once more.

Also, please describe each character's role before Link reunites them too. For instance, the Gerudo living in Rich Hyrule town, what is she doing there? Does she work in a cafe? What will she say when Link meets her? Etc.
Re: [Revise] Jack and his crew
« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2012, 07:54:08 pm »
Well, I don't see the OP altered from my last post. But I must say that I am not to fond of the races. Especially Catherine being a Gerudo. There would be too many Gerudo roaming in Castle Town, which makes the Sheikah keeping the Gerudo out seem incompetent.
« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2012, 08:45:13 pm »
  • It's just Max.
There are Shiekah keeping the Gerudo out of Hyrule Town? I had no idea!

But yeah, there is a problem with putting Gerudo in Hyrule Town, since the townsters didn't know there were still Gerudo until Ganon showed up. However... Farin has been in town for quite some time. Has nobody seen him, do people just not recognize him as no hylian, or does he wear like a hood to keep people from realizing? I vote hood.
« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2012, 09:58:25 pm »
  • It's the grineer
Jack is a shiekah, and Catherine is the gerudo. And, again, he's a thief! Just like Link, that's why nobody sees him!
« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2012, 01:34:36 am »
  • It's just Max.
No, Niek was saying that Shiekah were keeping Gerudo out of Castle Town, which I didn't know they were doing. I think we'll decide those specifics later when we discuss the conflict in the desert, but what we're saying is that Catherine is a Gerudo, and the people of Castle Town thought the Gerudo were extinct. So why would they think that if a Gerudo lives in castle town, as that's where you put her location?
« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2012, 05:44:27 am »
No, what I meant was that the Sheikah guards the border of Hyrule with Gerudo desert. They keep the Gerudo out of Hyrule. And as the Sheikah are the servants of the Royal Family, some may make there appearance in Castle Town.

The Gerudo King may have requested an audience and was probably allowed in. Farin is a male Gerudo, less common and thus are more easily overseen. Especially as there only should be one every generation. Aveil is still a child brought in by a merchant. Lastly Farin and Aveil are poor and in the gang, thus they probably stay out of sight of the rich and the guards.

Catherine is a servant of a rich family. She is pretty much in the picture. Walking through Castle Town she will get noticed due to the dark skin and red hear. In addition, Hyrule Town is a predominent Hylian stronghold. The game may have a heavy theme around the Gerudo, but placing them nilly willy around in Castle Town just defeats the purpose of the Gerudo being exiled.
« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2012, 03:00:28 am »
  • It's the grineer
Why can't she have an agreement with the people? I mean, (and please don't hate me for saying this. I'm NOT racist. Just giving an example of how the mechanic of the game seems to me), for example, you see a black guy asking for a job. If he applies well, you won't say no, will you?
« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2012, 04:16:10 am »
  • It's just Max.
It's not that, Blaze, it's the fact that having Gerudo in the city conflicts with other parts of the story. It's not conflicting with the characters' views, it's putting holes in the plot.
« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2012, 12:26:42 pm »
  • It's the grineer
Okay, I'll see where can I put her.
« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2012, 01:06:00 am »
  • It's the grineer
Piedra
Piedra is a goron that was recruited by Jack two years before his gang was disbanded. He's a goron carrying a blue coat and a red bandanda with a skull in its right. He may look strong, angry, and always ready to fight, but the truth that he's really calmed, and wants to have a nice and relaxed life. He speaks aggresively so Jack doesn't believe that he's not tough

Sometime ago, when Jack was passing by the Goron Mountains, a rock slide happened. Luckily, Piedra was close and was able to save him. Since they became good friends after that, Piedra helped very much Jack on his journey. Though to his tough-looking, and his aggresive attitude, it makes contrast with Guillermo's calmed and relaxed attitude, and they're often fighting. The only one that truly knows Piedra is Catherine.
« Reply #51 on: November 08, 2012, 12:50:40 am »
  • It's the grineer
Looks like nobody noticed my new guy for the gang  :(. Just a little update for Piedra, now.

He's found in Goron Mountains. You can find it before and after completing the Earth Temple. He'll point in Link's map where the Earth Temple is located.

Now, I'm still needing one more (maybe a deku, don't know). If you talk to any of the guys before you've talked with Jack, they'll tell you anything. If you have talked with him, Jack will hand you the Pirate Hat. What's the pirate hat? It's the same hat used during all the game, but this has a little skull on its right (just as Piedra's bandana). Each of the guys of the gang have the little skull located in different parts of their clothes:

Jack: in his hat
Guillermo: in his right boot, at the back
Catherine: in her white vest
Piedra: in the right part of his bandana.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 12:53:26 pm by BlazeBigBang »
« Reply #52 on: November 08, 2012, 08:45:53 pm »
  • It's just Max.
Haha, I honestly can't imagine a Deku Pirate. They're such silly people :p

Anyway, I noticed this submission, I just didn't have the time / anything directly to comment on. There was less than 12 hours between posting Piedra and complaining that nobody responded to him, please be more patient, we've all got real life stuff to deal with. Except maybe Steve. Don't know what he does with his time :p

One thing I can say, though about this:
If you talk to any of the guys before you've talked with Jack, they'll tell you anything. If you have talked with him, Jack will hand you the Pirate Hat.

They'll tell you anything? I feel like that's a type because what do you mean? Also, what do you mean by the second sentence, under what circumstances do you receive the pirate hat? Also, you realize that with the resolution of our graphics, a skull and crossbones will be impossible to sprite on Link's hat, and honestly probably most of the locations you refer to, at least in any detail.
« Reply #53 on: November 08, 2012, 10:06:15 pm »
  • It's the grineer
Haha, I honestly can't imagine a Deku Pirate. They're such silly people :p

Anyway, I noticed this submission, I just didn't have the time / anything directly to comment on. There was less than 12 hours between posting Piedra and complaining that nobody responded to him, please be more patient, we've all got real life stuff to deal with. Except maybe Steve. Don't know what he does with his time :p

One thing I can say, though about this:
If you talk to any of the guys before you've talked with Jack, they'll tell you anything. If you have talked with him, Jack will hand you the Pirate Hat.

They'll tell you anything? I feel like that's a type because what do you mean? Also, what do you mean by the second sentence, under what circumstances do you receive the pirate hat? Also, you realize that with the resolution of our graphics, a skull and crossbones will be impossible to sprite on Link's hat, and honestly probably most of the locations you refer to, at least in any detail.

Haha, I know the skull wouldn't be seen. It's vaguely seen on the other guys clothes. Jack will tell Link: "I like you kid. I'll present you with the mark of my people: the pirate mark... Just that I don't have anymore, sorry kiddo". And well, then you can go and talk to the other ones to make the sidequest begin.

With anything I mean something. Something vaguely related to Jack and their gang. Something like: "years ago I used to be a thief like you... I still wonder where could he be". Or something like that.

And sorry for complaining. I tend to be very hasty   XD.
« Reply #54 on: November 16, 2012, 01:01:50 am »
  • It's the grineer
What about the final member being another Hylian, like Jack? Something like a rivality between them, and a friendly bond in which they formed the gang.
« Reply #55 on: December 20, 2012, 12:28:55 am »
  • It's the grineer
I guess I'll leave it on those four guys. I have no idea who could be the fifth. Also, any more comments to fix, or something?
« Reply #56 on: December 20, 2012, 01:34:44 am »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
I think a 5th would be starting to overflow this.  4 is plenty for their purpose.

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.25 seconds with 72 queries.

anything