Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Let fodder be fodder  (Read 1931 times)

Let fodder be fodder
« on: February 18, 2008, 08:07:39 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
I was having a talk with some of my friends once, and the topic of the whole 'time to stay in school rising from 16 to 18' in a few years. The conversation went like this:

Me: Every generation needs it's mindless factory fodder to function. Why stop those with no greater a future than fodder leaving and leave those who will do more to focus on doing more?
Friend: That's awful.
Me: But, admit it, we're all thinking it.
Friend: Yes, but you still shouldn't say it.
Me: Why not?

This got me thinking, both "People are stupid for not speaking up such obvious truths for fear of seeming cruel" and "Why are we trying to give youngsters all 'god-like' educations when most of them will not amount to enough to use said educations and just be left with shattered dreams and a stale taste of failed ambitions in their mouth?". Discuss :P
Re: Let fodder be fodder
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 08:20:04 pm »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
Good point, but everyone deserves to have an education. It's their decision to use it or not. Also, I do agree that we do need the drones for the economy to function. If everyone were Doctors, Psychologists, and Lawyers than nothing would function.

South Park said it best with the "Gods and Clods" thing.
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2008, 08:35:58 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
My point is we get them with the current education system, and we get the 'high achievers' rising from them in the current system.
Now, by adding two extra years we are forcing the drone ones to stay, to which they will rebel and ultimately cause the higher achievers education to suffer, dragging them down.

Kyubi

GET ON THE BALL!
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2008, 10:04:37 pm »
  • :3
My point is we get them with the current education system, and we get the 'high achievers' rising from them in the current system.
Now, by adding two extra years we are forcing the drone ones to stay, to which they will rebel and ultimately cause the higher achievers education to suffer, dragging them down.

Look at British schools. A large amount of our high schools have what is called the "sixth form", which is basically the school's own 2-year college. Basically those two years you spoke of, only optional.
Gannon-banned brother.

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2008, 10:10:18 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
The british government is (as I understand it) going to raise the leaving age of school from 16 to 18.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.284 seconds with 47 queries.