Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Let's discuss the Zelda Wii U [E3 2014 Trailer]  (Read 4327 times)

Let's discuss the Zelda Wii U [E3 2014 Trailer]
« on: June 11, 2014, 02:12:52 am »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZmxvig1dXE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZmxvig1dXE</a>

Okay, excuse my language but holy !@#$%! :o I know some people aren't, but I'm okay with the art style. Link isn't wearing the green tunic here, but that doesn't mean it won't be in the game. But in all honestly, I'd be okay if he didn't wear it at any point in this game. He still looks like Link to me. And of course, it could very well be like WW with the outfits changing in-game.

I like how there is a bit of technology going on, sort of steampunk-like. I know this isn't something new to the Zelda franchise, but it seems to be taken to another level with this game. As long as they never go nuts and give link a machine gun or something in the future Zelda games, I'm okay with this kind of stuff. In fact, I think it's pretty cool.

The open world is what really excites me. I've wanted that for a long time. I expect I'll be buying a Wii U because of this game. But I'm going to wait and see if it's really going to be how I think it will be.

My only complaint so far is that the contrast seems a little overkill at times and it's a tad bit hard to look at.

EDIT: Wait, I might be wrong on saying that is Link. tight butthole, I don't know much about Zelda Wii U, but people are saying that Eiji Aonuma actually said it wasn't Link? Maybe they were trolling? I've messed around too much today already though, so I'll check it out later, or someone here can correct me if they want.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 02:28:14 am by FrozenFire »
  • My Music

Crim

Super Special Awesome
Re: Let's discuss the Zelda Wii U [E3 2014 Trail...
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2014, 07:31:10 am »
  • I'm Pro!
i think it looks amazing and i cant wait. a good open world game. i hope the dungeons are hidden really well kind of like the original. maybe not to the extent of moving in a certain combination in directions, but yea....

also, people are saying he said it wasn't link because they didn't listen. he said that he never said it was link in the trailer. that was all. unless more has been said now.
  • Crim is Pro!
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2014, 04:55:56 pm »
Love the artstyle. Love the boldness of breaking up the Zelda formula with more openworld. The trailer disappointed me in the sense that it looked very much CG. I feel nothing concrete has been revealed about the actual gameplay. I'm sure it'll be good, but I was hoping for a little more hints. Link (or whoever) looks quit feminine so I wouldn't be surprise if it's his sister or something. Or: they'll finally be allowing a female link as well. I personally don't care, but as I understand it plenty of other people do so the option would be commendable.

Overall I'm looking forward to seeing more.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 04:57:32 pm by Martijn dh »
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2014, 01:52:17 am »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
also, people are saying he said it wasn't link because they didn't listen. he said that he never said it was link in the trailer. that was all. unless more has been said now.
Yeah, that's all I read as well. I'm pretty sure you are right. It's pretty common for words to get twisted due to people not listening properly.

The trailer disappointed me in the sense that it looked very much CG. I feel nothing concrete has been revealed about the actual gameplay. I'm sure it'll be good, but I was hoping for a little more hints.
True, it seems like a sort of cutscene that might not even be in the game at all. No actual gameplay. But that's usually how it goes with such early previews. I'd also love to see more, but Nintendo really seems to like to take it slow with the big Zelda titles these days. :-\

Link (or whoever) looks quite feminine so I wouldn't be surprise if it's his sister or something. Or: they'll finally be allowing a female link as well. I personally don't care, but as I understand it plenty of other people do so the option would be commendable.
I'd agree that the face looks feminine enough, but I don't think the body is developed enough to be female. The character appears to be in their upper teens to young adult. The chest is too flat and it doesn't look like any Sheik tricks are being pulled on the clothing.
But I do think it would be cool if they allowed the player to choose male or female. And I wouldn't care if you only got to play as a girl either, so even if it somehow is a girl, it wouldn't matter to me.

So far, the open world seems like something everyone is happy about, which really makes sense. I hope it's truly open, like Skyrim, having the overworld and towns together and only transition when going into dungeons. Making brakes like that in the overworld ruins a bit of that open feel. That's also one thing I liked about WW, how they made the ocean feel connected and they managed the loading well. Even though I found it a bit boring sailing long distances, it was still cool.
  • My Music

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2014, 06:22:17 pm »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...

The footage was in-engine, and the cutscene likely didn't start until the laser-thing attacked. Before then, even though nothing was happening, that was likely actual gameplay footage. How it will look in-game and stuff. Maybe not at that camera angle, but still.

And even then, the cutscene was rendered in-engine. It just moved the characters and camera as necessary. The game will look like that, I'm sure, though we may not see it at those angles.

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2014, 07:19:29 am »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
Yeah, I figured that much, which is why I'm excited about the open world. I meant gameplay as in the parts where the player can move around and do stuff. The world was obviously using the game engine.

Though it was in-engine stuff and the world was the world you'd play in, all I was saying is that it seemed like a specially programmed part for E3. It could end up being a part of the final game though. I'm just wanting to see some player-controlled gameplay, which I'm sure we will get in time.
  • My Music
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2014, 10:35:00 pm »
The open world thing is pretty much a requirement for me to still play this series. And so is voice-acting. If there's another Zelda game without any kind of voice-acting or other actual attention to conveying the story in this way, I'm not that interested.

Also, though I do not mind the cell shaded art style at all, I would have liked to see another Zelda game with 'realistic' graphics like OoT/Twilight Princess. We've had Skyward Sword and the Wind Waker remake, and this looks a lot like that sort of style. Imagine what you can do in photo-realism with the Wii U's hardware. Though granted, we don't want this to look like some Zelda Skyrim game, so taking a more creative approach is a good idea I suppose.
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2014, 08:58:12 pm »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
The open world thing is pretty much a requirement for me to still play this series. And so is voice-acting. If there's another Zelda game without any kind of voice-acting or other actual attention to conveying the story in this way, I'm not that interested.

I guess it would be pretty cool to have a Zelda with full voice acting. For some reason, it just feels like this game should have it. It just wouldn't feel right to have an open world and not have some real voice acting. I have no idea what logic it is that causes me to say this, but it's just how I feel about it. Though, even without voice acting, I will probably go for this game. (I have to get a Wii U though, lol)

Also, though I do not mind the cell shaded art style at all, I would have liked to see another Zelda game with 'realistic' graphics like OoT/Twilight Princess. We've had Skyward Sword and the Wind Waker remake, and this looks a lot like that sort of style. Imagine what you can do in photo-realism with the Wii U's hardware. Though granted, we don't want this to look like some Zelda Skyrim game, so taking a more creative approach is a good idea I suppose.

Yeah. I also think they should re-visit a more realistic art style. If they don't do it soon, I'll probably lose interest in anything new in the Zelda franchise, and instead I'll just occasionally play the older games when I feel the need.
I think it's fine to do this more toon-like art style with this one though, and I actually didn't like the WW graphics when it first came out, but I ended up warming up to it so that I did a complete reversal in my feelings on it, and I especially love the WW HD. That game's world is just amazing. But dang, something like TP with the new hardware would be incredible. I sincerely hope they go that direction next time. It might actually be a good thing that they didn't do it with this, because I expect the next game will benefit from this being made and hopefully the next game will build off of the new things done in this one, most notably the change to the open world.
  • My Music
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.234 seconds with 53 queries.