Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Teletubbies promotes Homosexuality?  (Read 2524 times)

Teletubbies promotes Homosexuality?
« on: May 29, 2007, 06:43:30 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
For those of you who want to know what Teletubbies is:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teletubbies

A senior Polish official has ordered psychologists to investigate whether the popular BBC TV show Teletubbies promotes a homosexual lifestyle.

The spokesperson for children's rights in Poland, Ewa Sowinska, singled out Tinky Winky, the purple character with a triangular aerial on his head.

"I noticed he was carrying a woman's handbag," she told a magazine. "At first, I didn't realise he was a boy."

EU officials have criticised Polish government policy towards homosexuals.

Ms Sowinska wants the psychologists to make a recommendation about whether the children's show should be broadcast on public television.

Poland's authorities have recently initiated a series of moves to outlaw the promotion of homosexuality among the nation's children.

Tinky Winky's psychological evaluation is being treated fairly light-heartedly by many people here.

One radio station asked its listeners to vote for the most suspicious children's show. Some e-mailed in, saying that Winnie the Pooh had only male friends.

Even Ms Sowinska has backtracked a little, insisting that she does not believe the Teletubbies is a threat to the nation's children. But the evaluation is still going ahead and her office can recommend that the show should be taken off the air.

Poland was criticised recently after its education ministry announced plans to sack teachers who promote homosexuality.

Last month the European Union singled out Poland for criticism in its resolution condemning homophobia in the 27-member bloc.
Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/6698753.stm

Hehehehe, I'm sorry, but wtf? Seriously?
Re: Teletubbies promotes Homosexuality?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 06:56:49 pm »
I heard this crap before.
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 06:58:52 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
Yeah, but they've reopened it.

And Poland's government is quite Homophobic...
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2007, 07:00:52 pm »
Yeah, but they've reopened it.

And Poland's government is quite Homophobic...
Quite pathetic! we live in 2007 and we still have homophobic country's.

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2007, 07:18:37 pm »
Oh look, it's Jesus.

Oh hey, and he's riding a dinosaur too.
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2007, 07:24:04 pm »
Winnie the Pooh had only male friends.
Lies, remember Kanga, the female kangaroo? What about that new character froom the movie, about the heffalump? The heffalump is female. Okay, it's only two, but it's really Christopher's fault for imagining Pooh with only two female friends. (sorry for the mistake, I said poo only had two male friends, lololololopolooza.)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2007, 07:38:09 pm by BlueMonkey »
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2007, 07:30:43 pm »
  • Fendez Coder
There's (arguably) nothing wrong with religion, and teachers are not allowed to promote religion in schools. As I said, one could argue that there are things wrong with religion, but on a PC-basis there is none, just as with homosexuality. Thus if religion is not allowed to be promoted by teachers, neither should homosexuality.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2007, 07:45:21 pm by CoNfUsEd_GaMeR »

Och vi som väntar på något gott vi väntar alltid för länge jag vet, jag vet
men ett liv med låga krav är som sommar utan sol och vinter utan snö
Och vem vill leva så
  • Fendez Games
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2007, 08:23:41 pm »
  • IBV
How about inform and then neither promote nor discourage?

Should be like that with drugs use too. !@#$% hate the horror-propaganda !@#$% we have to go through on a mandatory class they call "Life Knowledge".
My signature is empty.
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2007, 08:26:09 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
Well, it's not very easy to inform people of drugs without discouraging it...

"Now class, drugs feel really !@#$% wondeful, but afterwards you loose the ability to breath through your throat, your heart has trouble beating, and you begin to vomit black !@#$% until you die. So, do you want to feel great and die painfully?"

That's actually what happens, in my school at least XD We are told what affects it has both positive and negative. The thing is the negative things make you wanna throw up...
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2007, 08:36:57 pm »
  • IBV
Well, it's not very easy to inform people of drugs without discouraging it...

"Now class, drugs feel really !@#$% wondeful, but afterwards you loose the ability to breath through your throat, your heart has trouble beating, and you begin to vomit black !@#$% until you die. So, do you want to feel great and die painfully?"

That's actually what happens, in my school at least XD We are told what affects it has both positive and negative. The thing is the negative things make you wanna throw up...

Not all drugs works the same so that's even another problem when they try to talk generalized about all of them at the same time. Plus, even calling effects positive or negative would be like either encourage or discourage. I say they should just tell the effects, how common they are, what requirements that needs to be met for a certain effect and so on and then nothing more. No "this drug is good", "this drug is bad", "this drug is neither good nor bad", "this effect is good" or "this effect is bad" and "this effect is neither good nor bad" etc.
My signature is empty.
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2007, 08:39:26 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
By positive and negative I talk from my opinion there, and by drugs I meant the illegal ones XD Though it IS kinda generally accepted that throwing up black gunk is bad...

Goodnight

Once and future Captain
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2007, 08:53:34 pm »
  • With a Capital G
Seinfeld carried a woman's handbag once.

And how does one "promote" homosexuality anyways? It's just something that exists. If people aren't already gay, they're not going to turn gay just by knowing some other people are.
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2007, 08:55:22 pm »
  • IBV
Though it IS kinda generally accepted that throwing up black gunk is bad...

Of course it is. But then one could ask why they try so hard to say it is bad if it's so obvious? But still, even though throwing up is one effect a person could weight the other effects to decide whether to take the drug at all. It's kinda like how a lot of people would gladly be rich the rest of their lives even if it meant they first had to live poor and very rough and tough five years before. In the case of drugs it could instead be that you for example want to take a drug to enhance your music-listening-experience even at the cost of some other effect that you don't like, because you desire that effect you want so much you are willing to take the cons.
My signature is empty.
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2007, 09:00:06 pm »
  • I put this here for the sake of that one thread
Oh look, it's Jesus.

Oh hey, and he's riding a dinosaur too.
You !@#$% liar! Jesus IS a dinosaur!
You miserable little pile of SECRETS.

I </3 Sol
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2007, 08:39:00 am »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
Seinfeld carried a woman's handbag once.

And how does one "promote" homosexuality anyways? It's just something that exists. If people aren't already gay, they're not going to turn gay just by knowing some other people are.

That's assuming that Homesexuality isn't environmental. It possibly is environmental, after all I know plenty of cases where the Genetic idea gets kinda thrown out of the wonder. A gay twin with a straight twin, being an example.

And my description of drugs is going to OBVIOUSLY be weighted, because I have an opinion, and try as I might to stear clear of stating it, and remove it from my writing, it is still going to appear in odd words I say.
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2007, 12:31:17 pm »
Spongebob has no human friends. HE'S RACIST!
Anyway, about the whole super-on-topic drugs debate, I think a lot of things are blown out of proportion. Sure, drugs do cause a lot of health problems, I'm not denying it. But so does a buttload of other junk. Why don't we have classes in school teaching kids about how they should avoid fast food? Whoops, sorry. That'd be bad for the economy.
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2007, 12:50:17 pm »
  • Fendez Coder
In our school the healthy food thing is so bad now....well i say our school, I've left now mohaha...but yeh, they no longer even sell chips (as in Fries, damn yanks) :| you try and get a school dinner and you're presented with absolute nothing but rabbit food. I'm all for a bit of salad now, it's quite nice, but I really hate the way this "obesity blah blah health food" thing ruins it for a lot of people who are healthy, and can't have some nice chips and a burger now and again....

Och vi som väntar på något gott vi väntar alltid för länge jag vet, jag vet
men ett liv med låga krav är som sommar utan sol och vinter utan snö
Och vem vill leva så
  • Fendez Games
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2007, 01:09:42 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
To learn about the regular things that can be bad, you have to be in one of the top Science groups (like me). Why bother the simpletons with the joys of Caffine-Induced Heart Attacks? They won't understand anyway.
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2007, 01:17:16 pm »
I like bread. Why can't we all just eat bread?
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2007, 01:35:22 pm »
  • Loopier than a bowl of Cheerios
I read this somewhere earlier, it's actually not that funny. Hetero/Homosexuality is not a choice it is a state of mind and cannot be taught. To claim that Teletubies promotes Homosexuality is to say that there is a problem with someone being gay.

The other argument to this is that it is for young children...in which case I say "So what?" they dont understand that the teletubies are all a bit gay.

Finally to concerned parents I'd say "You do remember TV programs such as Andy Pandy, Bill and Ben, Rainbow and Pinky and Perky, right?" Cos every single one of those shows had characters that you could claim "Promoted homosexuality" and you don't see all the viewers of that show now shagging every person they can see who is the same gender do you? Pathetic.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 78 queries.