Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Spoiler tags, what happened to them?  (Read 4925 times)

Spoiler tags, what happened to them?
« on: January 14, 2012, 08:46:56 am »
I just noticed that the spoiler tags are no longer working and no longer among the options in the editor.

No big deal, just wondering.

Show content
Just to check
Re: Spoiler tags, what happened to them?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 05:53:57 am »
  • Minalien
I don't know why this was never looked at - but the spoiler tags are back!

Show content
With fancy jQuery-ing too! :3
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 12:06:49 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
This may sound a little silly but I would assume the "Show content" is to be in spoiler tags...well, I can't see the spoiler tags. If they're not, then please ignore this post.
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2012, 01:04:50 pm »
  • It's just Max.
I love the way is unveils down, but when I opened this topic, the content was already shown! Thus making the spoiler tag pointless, because I could see it before I tapped "show content", and when I tapped show content, it just hid itself. Dunno if it's just me, but it seems to have the default with the content already shown. D:

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2012, 01:25:24 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
I love the way is unveils down, but when I opened this topic, the content was already shown! Thus making the spoiler tag pointless, because I could see it before I tapped "show content", and when I tapped show content, it just hid itself. Dunno if it's just me, but it seems to have the default with the content already shown. D:

Ah yes, it's not that the spoiler tags don't work, it's that the content is already shown. Thanks Max. I also noticed that there are no buttons or anything surrounding the "Show content" text. Is that normal?
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2012, 06:58:41 pm »
  • Minalien
It may have something to do with caching - I was having the same problem with my local SMF test installation initially until I forced a fresh reload (it just showed text with the spoiler underneath, ugly as hell). If you can force a reload (Windows: Ctrl+F5) and see if it's still happening, that could help.

Also, what browser are you using? I've tested in Chrome and Opera (Mac) with no issues, but that might play a role in the issue. (I've also tested with both Vaati and Minish themes)
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2012, 07:11:27 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
It may have something to do with caching - I was having the same problem with my local SMF test installation initially until I forced a fresh reload (it just showed text with the spoiler underneath, ugly as hell). If you can force a reload (Windows: Ctrl+F5) and see if it's still happening, that could help.

Also, what browser are you using? I've tested in Chrome and Opera (Mac) with no issues, but that might play a role in the issue. (I've also tested with both Vaati and Minish themes)

I tested on Safari and Firefox. I'll try the reloading.

EDIT: Yeah, the refresh works. That's strange.

thestig

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2012, 08:16:45 pm »
Well, thankfully this will be fixed momentarily. I told Ken to throw in a no-cache header on CSS/JS files for now. In case if we do any further changes, it shouldn't affect the user-experience anymore by much.
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2012, 08:46:43 pm »
  • It's just Max.
I restarted safari as best I thought I could on an iPad, which was restarting the iPad. Still loads the page with the spoiling information open. Also, the words "show content" aren't any different from regular text, they aren't inside a button or anything, which is what I thought Star was talking about. I'm in the minish theme, I didn't see if the button appeared in the Vaati theme.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 08:49:30 pm by Donotfeedthemax »
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2012, 08:58:51 pm »
  • Minalien
I think for Safari Mobile you have to go into the device settings to clear the cache.

For my old iPad, I believe the process was:
Settings App
-> Safari
--> Clear Cache

• Development Blog
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2012, 08:55:15 pm »
  • It's just Max.
Haha, nope, still didn't work :p
Huston, it's not that big of a problem. Haha, I'll just deal, but if you want to use me as a test subject for the site's safari/mobile capabilities, I'm game.
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2012, 09:03:31 pm »
  • Minalien
Actually, that seems like an unrelated re-breaking. Give me a minute and I'll see what's up.

• Development Blog
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2012, 09:09:38 pm »
  • Minalien
Fixed now - can you try it again?

Hells, one second - the script's getting included twice. I seriously hate SMF.

Should be good now.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 09:15:26 pm by 宇宙人ミン »

• Development Blog
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2012, 10:08:06 pm »
  • It's just Max.
Worked great!
Good job, Min, theyre back and better than ever!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.221 seconds with 65 queries.

anything