Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Test this for me.  (Read 5224 times)

Test this for me.
« on: December 21, 2014, 12:59:32 pm »
Since I know the ins and outs, anyone else care to test my little prototype platformer?
The graphics are not pretty but I never claimed to be a spriter.  I am looking for feed back on the how the movement and physics feel.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B49_4X0jDFp8Tk1iOVBaSlVacTQ/view?usp=sharing

Is it smooth?  Is it too strong?  Too soft? or whatever else you might think.

Controls:
 Arrows move
Z jumps (not full on like older Castlevanias/ it builds the longer you hold it)
C shoots green things for fun

There is one bug I have a hard time reproducing and don't quite know how to fix it as it fixes itself if you keep mashing buttons.  Somehow, if you manage to push the right buttons at the precise time when falling near a wall or something, it disables left/right movement.  As I said, if you keep pressing the buttons, it fixes itself.  Not quite sure what the deal is but it's not high on my list yet as far as I have tried, it's hard to reproduce.

Anyways, how does it feel?

On another note: the new GMS .exe is now a win32 self-extract o.0.  Seems new as I never noticed it before.  Hmm.
  • Super Fan Gamers!
Re: Test this for me.
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2014, 04:05:56 pm »
  • The devil in the mirror.
The movements seems to be smooth. The only thing I noticed is that at the end of a jump you seem to "hang" in the air for a noticeable time before falling down. It feels like I'm going up, suddenly have my velocity set to 0, and then start to fall, rather than having it a smooth transition from going up to going down.

I managed to have left/right disabled while smashing buttons once, and after a single jump they started working again. It happened as I was on the rightmost steps.
Working on my Masters Degree in Computer Science.
Hey look, Zelda Coop....later.
Proud user of C++ for 9 years, and counting!
Re: Test this for me.
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2014, 03:12:23 am »
Thanks, man.   Both problems taken care of on my end.  I also decreased the jump amount as I felt it was way too high.
  • Super Fan Gamers!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 43 queries.