Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: If a girl has 2 gay dads...who walks her down the aisle?  (Read 7428 times)

Re: If a girl has 2 gay dads...who walks her do...
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2008, 11:06:08 am »
I suppose it depends on the 2 dads.
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2008, 11:31:31 am »
Whoever wears the pants.

This.

What if they both do? What if they are equals in the relationship?

Or are your views too stereotypical and your brains too small to comprehend this? ;)

Simple fact of nature... a pair of mates need a dominant and a submissive person. Can't both dominant or both submissive :P Just doesn't work.

So the dominant one takes the daughter down the aisle? Wont that be unfair for the submissive one?
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2008, 11:46:50 am »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
Whoever wears the pants.

This.

Or are your views too stereotypical and your brains too small to comprehend this? ;)

Simple fact of nature... a pair of mates need a dominant and a submissive person. Can't both dominant or both submissive :P Just doesn't work.

Yet when you ask each one which is which, both of them usually claim (if the other is absent) to be the dominant one :P

Dad's the boss unless you're asking Mum.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2008, 11:47:07 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Whoever wears the pants.

This.

So the dominant one takes the daughter down the aisle? Wont that be unfair for the submissive one?

Nah not saying that at all; I'm saying there can't be 2 dominants or 2 submissives in a relationship :p it doesn't work that way...

Most typically, the dominant is the male... But in a wedding it's ceremonial, and not based on anything along those lines. I'd just assume the one who takes on the role of the dominant (which again is generally the male) would take the girl down the aisle :p
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2008, 11:48:17 am »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
Most typically, the dominant is the male...

Unless you're asking the female ;)
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2008, 11:55:15 am »
  • *whistle*
They would reasonably discuss it and make the decision between themselves, based on rational discussion, like any good couple?

Screw dominant and submissive, most good relationships rely on a meeting of equals, who co-operate with one another. Mammy, if you think all relations boil down to dominance... well, that would explain a lot.

Anyway, it's quite often the bride-to-be who asks a father figure to walk her down the aisle; she'd either ask one of them in particular, another man (or even woman), or ask both fathers, and let them decide as I said before.

Tet

« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2008, 09:25:30 pm »
  • I believe. I believe in ghosts.
serious topic

swiftu

Haha, yeah right.
n__n
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2008, 09:41:22 pm »
  • Wooper Don't Give a !@#$%
They would reasonably discuss it and make the decision between themselves, based on rational discussion, like any good couple?

Screw dominant and submissive, most good relationships rely on a meeting of equals, who co-operate with one another. Mammy, if you think all relations boil down to dominance... well, that would explain a lot.

Anyway, it's quite often the bride-to-be who asks a father figure to walk her down the aisle; she'd either ask one of them in particular, another man (or even woman), or ask both fathers, and let them decide as I said before.

Psychologically speaking, a lot of it has to do with having a dominant and submissive partner. If you have two of each the relationship doesn't work out, through pure psychology.
ROLL TIDE WHAT? **** YOU!!! Geaux Tiga

~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
  • Gamers & Developers Unlimited
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2008, 09:44:42 pm »
  • *whistle*

Psychologically speaking, a lot of it has to do with having a dominant and submissive partner. If you have two of each the relationship doesn't work out, through pure psychology.

It's far too simplistic to boil it down to that; very few people are entirely dominant or submissive in all or even most respects; most people come down somewhere in the middle. Not only that, but even equally "dominant" or "submissive" people aren't doomed to have a failed relationship.

Alternate solutions:
-Daughter is feminist. Refuses to be "given away" at wedding.
-Daughter is lesbian and plays the part of groom.

I'm still thinking of others...
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2008, 09:47:26 pm »
  • Wooper Don't Give a !@#$%
That can be said of almost anything ever in education. Doesn't make it any less applicable.
ROLL TIDE WHAT? **** YOU!!! Geaux Tiga

~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
  • Gamers & Developers Unlimited
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2008, 09:56:12 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
Well it does depending on the application. You learn in weight = mass * gravity that gravity is 10 at GCSE here, 9.8 at AS and...well, you see the pattern. If you tried to use 10 in a lot of more advanced situations you'd be off my an enormous margin. Education before a certain point is just to get your mind thinking in a certain way, and even up to university degrees rarely shows more than "Hey I'm smart enough to think in this way to a this level of detail at least."

Education dumps things down, but to apply something as effectively as possible you must remove as much of the margin of error as possible.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2008, 06:30:19 am »
  • ^Not actually me.

It's far too simplistic to boil it down to that; very few people are entirely dominant or submissive in all or even most respects; most people come down somewhere in the middle. Not only that, but even equally "dominant" or "submissive" people aren't doomed to have a failed relationship.

Alternate solutions:
-Daughter is feminist. Refuses to be "given away" at wedding.
-Daughter is lesbian and plays the part of groom.

I'm still thinking of others...

The biggest problem with saying "Screw dominant and submissive" is that it's saying "Screw the natural order" :p... The examples listed aren't typically the *natural* order of things, so it's a matter of using your conscience thought to change the way things go in the relationship. Essentially you're fighting naturally occurring thoughts/actions/etc.

The human mind is a very simple, and often primitive machine. As a result, people follow taboo natural patterns. It's because of conscience thought that we can decide to go out of the normal and fight the urges to follow nature.

But... we've drifted from the topic at hand considering we're discussing psychological idiosyncratic routines for something that is little more than ceremonial :P

« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2008, 12:38:03 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
Men = Work.
Women = Make me a sandwich.

There's definitely dominant and submissive.
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2008, 12:40:42 pm »
  • *whistle*
Men = Work.

Not really. In a "traditional" relationship like that, the homemaker (usually a woman) chooses the domestic arrangements; not only what you eat, but you when you eat it, amongst many other things, while the money-earner is effectively in servitude to his or her job and forced into a linear daily schedule with little or no freedom within those hours.

Sounds to me like the man's the !@#$%. :P
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2008, 03:11:47 pm »
Men = Work.

Not really. In a "traditional" relationship like that, the homemaker (usually a woman) chooses the domestic arrangements; not only what you eat, but you when you eat it, amongst many other things, while the money-earner is effectively in servitude to his or her job and forced into a linear daily schedule with little or no freedom within those hours.

Apart from it's the man that beats his wife cos she isnt cooking damn well fast enough and he's hungry.
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2008, 03:55:58 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
Men = Work.

Apart from it's the man that beats his wife cos she isnt cooking damn well fast enough and he's hungry.

Exactly. Kaede understands.
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2008, 03:58:55 pm »
  • *whistle*
Men = Work.

Exactly. Kaede understands.

Because she beats her deadbeat wife all the time because she's such a damn !@#$% who never does any work.

And because men never ever suffer domestic abuse at the hands of their wives. Oh no.
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2008, 04:01:34 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
Because she beats her deadbeat wife all the time because she's such a damn !@#$% who never does any work.

And because men never ever suffer domestic abuse at the hands of their wives. Oh no.

XFD Because you thought I was serious.
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2008, 04:44:40 pm »

I wasnt being serious either :P of course men suffer domestic abuse as well.
« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2008, 04:52:22 pm »
  • *whistle*

Of course it's serious; have you never met Kaede's wife? She's got bruises all over her. I feel sorry for the poor woman, but it's her own bloody fault; she's the only person I've met who takes a week to make spaghetti.

Yay for people on the internet completely misunderstanding the use and application of saracasm. -__-
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 73 queries.

anything