Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Completed] Codex: Hackers Reunite  (Read 7252 times)

Re: Codex - Hackers reunite
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2006, 02:38:48 pm »
It's still not allowed to be posted. It COULD, in fact screw up some people's PC's.
For a few examples, 1.) Their Pc could be so shity that it'd freeze up and not allow the program to reach it's set timer. 2.) They could have a hostile virus scanner that would pick it up and go on a wild file deleting rampage. 3.) They could panic and turn their Pc off causing a ton of more errors.
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2006, 03:04:52 pm »
It's still not allowed to be posted. It COULD, in fact screw up some people's PC's.
For a few examples, 1.) Their Pc could be so shity that it'd freeze up and not allow the program to reach it's set timer. 2.) They could have a hostile virus scanner that would pick it up and go on a wild file deleting rampage. 3.) They could panic and turn their Pc off causing a ton of more errors.

1.) Not possible, it uses the computers internal timer, that dosent change with the speed of the computer.
2.) I dought it, its harmless and its certainly not on virus lists.
3.) Why would turning off there pc cause more errors O_o?

Shame really, ive posted a joke program every april fools day, no-ones ever had a problem.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2006, 03:09:38 pm by Helios »

Pyro

« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2006, 03:49:32 pm »
Well..I finally got it off >_> I had to delete a shitload of files and stuff o_o, It seems I had spyware >_> but that never caused the problem, because none of the spyware was activated, and about the whole "message" thing, I never got the message o_o you'd think I woulda got the message atleast >_> ...but yeah...about those answers..

1.) This is true...havent you seen these computers XD They !@#$% so much, even !@#$% wouldnt wanna go near there >_>
2.) My anti-virus does it all the time >_>
3.) Yeah it can cause errors, like the BSOD =O I Effin that hate, or somtimes if the program takes up alot of memory, and you restart, your computer would overheat and give you the message on boot-up "Operating System Not Found", Its happened to me plenty of times..I never turn off my computer XD...plus it overheats alot with programs >_>...When that happens..you just gotta shut down your computer for like 30 mins >_>

You never know about programs....even tho they mean seem harmless...and may be little simple coding...it could still screw up someones computer, even if its not meant to :P
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2006, 03:51:02 pm »
Well I'm just trying to keep the forums safe for ALL members. Not just techie nerds with high tech PC who can spot these things from a mile away. :P

I understand your program might not be harmfull, but if allow this kinda stuff it'll soon become out of hand and there'll be programs poping up that WILL do harm. I hope you understand.
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2006, 03:58:57 pm »
Well..I finally got it off >_> I had to delete a shitload of files and stuff o_o, It seems I had spyware >_> but that never caused the problem, because none of the spyware was activated, and about the whole "message" thing, I never got the message o_o you'd think I woulda got the message atleast >_> ...but yeah...about those answers..

1.) This is true...havent you seen these computers XD They !@#$% so much, even !@#$% wouldnt wanna go near there >_>
2.) My anti-virus does it all the time >_>
3.) Yeah it can cause errors, like the BSOD =O I Effin that hate, or somtimes if the program takes up alot of memory, and you restart, your computer would overheat and give you the message on boot-up "Operating System Not Found", Its happened to me plenty of times..I never turn off my computer XD...plus it overheats alot with programs >_>...When that happens..you just gotta shut down your computer for like 30 mins >_>

You never know about programs....even tho they mean seem harmless...and may be little simple coding...it could still screw up someones computer, even if its not meant to :P

Well sorry if my prog did do that, but i seriously dought it, just look at the source code above, it dosent use anything that is possible of causing those errors, its more likly to be a coincidence.

1.) No, im sorry to tell you but the internal millisecond timer of the cpu dosent change with the cpu speed its always constant.
2.) Fair enough, never would have expected it though.
3.) Really? Im sure that can happen, but it wouldnt have anything todo with the program.

And yes your right about the last thing, small glitchs can cause major problems, i just dought it with the program, its to simple it dosent do anything to the os.

Well I'm just trying to keep the forums safe for ALL members. Not just techie nerds with high tech PC who can spot these things from a mile away.

I understand your program might not be harmfull, but if allow this kinda stuff it'll soon become out of hand and there'll be programs poping up that WILL do harm. I hope you understand.

Fair enough. But i dont see anything wrong with a little fun on april fools day, people just need a sense of humour.

Not just techie nerds with high tech PC who can spot these things from a mile away.

Hehe, my pc sucks, certainly not high-tech if thats what your were saying :P. And im not a nerd, nerds are smart XD
« Last Edit: April 02, 2006, 04:01:18 pm by Helios »
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2007, 01:07:03 am »
dayumn!!! siqq deal
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2007, 10:05:08 am »
This topic is a year old - Don't gravedig.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2007, 02:39:29 am by AoDC »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 49 queries.