Projects > Recruitment

I need helpers

<< < (3/3)

Walnut:
The best artists learn simply by doing. Try to break your project down into bits and figure out how to accomplish them. Instead of looking at it like "how do I make Skyward Sword in 2D?" maybe start with "how do I draw a sprite to the screen?".

The more you practice the better you'll get. I disagree that you HAVE to go spend years in school or abandon your passion project just because you're new to the game, the important thing really is that you keep tackling problems systemically and continuing to learn and grow as an artist.

At the same time however starting with something smaller to learn the basics isn't a bad idea at all if you can set aside some time for it, simply because it's a lot easier to break down simple projects into their "components" and figure out what makes them tick. I recommend trying to make a simple Tetris clone to start. There's a ton of information online that you can use to get you started and as far as project flow goes it's pretty basic and simple.

Good luck!

Zhello:

--- Quote from: shadowlink360 on April 05, 2017, 05:09:33 pm ---so I am currently trying to make skyward sword in 2D so a link to the past graphics but I don't know how to code or sprite or anything so I need help. if your interested reply then make a map of skyward sword in a link to the past graphics doesn't have to be a map anything from skyward sword then email me what you've made at pottermax850@gmail.com thanks! (also I don't know how this works I'm new)

--- End quote ---

What program are you using for this idea? Game Maker? Solarus? rpg maker? etc?   :huh:

Also welcome.

shadowlink360:
thank you all for your replies my main issue though s that I'm not good at making maps and adding sprites I use solarus so its not hard but I need help making the maps and adding and making sprites that's all

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Go to full version