Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [WIP/Overhaul/Old Completed Versions]World of Chaos Super Deluxe  (Read 1889 times)

Koh

[WIP/Overhaul/Old Completed Versions]World of Ch...
« on: January 20, 2012, 12:23:18 pm »
  • Tamer Koh

(Old screenshot is old.)

I.  Information
I think it's about time I got into game development mode again.  And before I jump headlong into the idea I mentioned before, which I saved away, I'd like to first kick things off by remaking my first game I completed back in 2007, World of Chaos DX, which will re-envision the game the way I had intended it to be, had I the spriting and coding skills then that I do now.  For those who wish to play it, see the "History" section.

II.  History
Way back in 2006, I nabbed the Pro Edition of Game Maker 7, and decided to go full on into making my first game.  After learning a few tricks and shoving some ideas out, with the use of my newbie coding and spriting, World of Chaos was born!  The game features 4 zones, 4 bosses, and 2 difficulty settings.  This old version still exists, and is available for download to play.

Download:  World of Chaos Complete
Controls
Escape: Exit the Game
F2: Restart the game
F4: Full Screen/Windowed Mode
Arrow Keys: Move Koh
Z: Jump
X: Slash Attack (NEVER use this...)
C: Toss the Sword

After obtaining new knowledge in coding a year later, as well as some more spriting practice, I decided to fix up a few things and give the game a graphical update.  This was then released as World of Chaos DX, or World of Chaos Deluxe.  The controls are the same as the above, and the download is below.

Download:  World of Chaos Deluxe

III.  Plans
So we have those.  That's fine.  But they really aren't all what I wanted them to be, but were the best of my ability back then.  So what plans do I have in store for this version?  Well, to bullet a few points...
  • More Zones:  The game is far too short.  And I've had ideas for other zones, but didn't have the skill to implement them in the past.  To name a few more, we have The Forest, The Mountains, The Sea, The Sky, and more.
  • New and Improved Engine and Physics:  Absolutely necessary.
  • Currency System and Shops: Well, it's nice to actually be able to restore your health without waiting on a random potion drop, and to be able to buy upgrades.
  • More Enemy Types and Improved AI - Pretty self explanatory.  The types of enemies were lacking.
  • Additional Difficulty Options:  Self explanatory.  Only Normal and Hard were selectable, but I do want to add Easy and Insane.
  • Improved Graphics:  Working on that now actually.  Here's an example sheet, as well as my avatar:

• Useful Slash:  As noted above, the Slash attack was basically useless due to the limited range.  I do plan to actually make it worth using it, and might even make it a 1-2-3 slash attack.
  • Pause Screen/Status Splash:  Did you notice there wasn't a pause button on the old versions?  Whoops, my bad.  But when I do implement one in this version, it'll actually give you a full status summary, like damage output range, and other stats.
IV.  Conclusion
I'd just like to say thanks to all who supported me in the past, and I'm proud to show you that you can have something new and fresh to look forward to if you liked the older versions.  For those who haven't, give Deluxe a try, and if you have any comments or anything, I'd really like to hear them :).
  • Megaclipse Games
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 1.32 seconds with 39 queries.