Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ZFGC Weekly  (Read 3788 times)

Xiphirx

wat
ZFGC Weekly
« on: April 19, 2009, 07:19:15 pm »
  • Xiphirx

Volume 10, Issue 3 - April 19th, 2009
irc.kbfail.net #zfgc

1. Community Announcements
2. Best of the Forum
3. Weekly Awards
4. The Big Question

Community Announcements

-- Contest #9: Game Development V2 is underway! Get all of the information here!
-- New rank images are in the works. You should see them soon.
-- The Community Project has been progressing and is currently gathering sprite resources. Lend a helping hand here.

Best of the Forum

Links Awakening 3D?!?! MADNESS!
http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=33802.0
http://balladofthewindfish.blogspot.com/

Wow, I have to say, this looks pretty damn good!  Link's face looks a little funny, but looking past that, all I can say is wow :O!

Protesters? Where?
http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=33972.0;topicseen
Are a bunch of spineless, childish, scrummy, useless !@#$%. Anyone been watching the news? Riot Police are severely outnumbered, they were called in because there was going to be huge riots. And yet people are bitching an moaning because police officers lashed back. WTF. Thats like court marshelling a soldier, because he shot an enemy combatant. Its like Banning an F1 driver from racing because he was driving a car. ITS A !@#$% RIOT, Not a primary school brush up. Theres going to be violence.

You've got people saying how the police were using their shields and batons. THERE OUTNUMBERED 100 TO !@#$% 1. You've got protesters throwing pieces of barricades at them, using !@#$% great big steel poles to beat them with, throwing sandbags at them, broken glass, anything that could easily kill someone, they were using against the police...

If it was a peaceful protest then yeah, okay I could understand the concearn. But that part of london on the videos was a !@#$% warzone, Musa Quala was more tame during the invasion, then !@#$% London was during the protest.

Why is it, when we have something put into place for our protection, like the police force, like the army, we abuse the !@#$% out of it? This country is full of spoilt fuckers, its shameful.

lol u wer a noob wen u wer 13!
http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=33966.0
http://www.geocities.com/ffbetweenworlds/index.html

LOL!  Don't ask me how I remembered that.  I swear to god, I was using dial-up for all of that.

I was making (though not-playable as I remember the zip folder got !@#$% yp while I was uploading it) fan games WAAAAYYYYYY before TRM made up OoT2d back in 2004.

Damn, thirteen and didn't know !@#$% about the internet yet.

Feeling Gray ?
http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=33945.0;topicseen
Hey, ZFGC.  Put on some melancholy music, listen to the gentle rainfall outside, or whatever gets you in the mood, and think about what's bringing you down in life these days.

Me, I'm sad because I'll need 110% on my final to pass English.  In other words, it's not gonna happen.  Sure, I could blame my professor's droning voice, but I should've just tried harder.  And I suppose it's somewhat comforting to know that I could have passed it with the right effort... you know?

So why are you sad, ZFGC?  Let it out.

Weekly Awards

Graphic of the Week
RyuKage2007's MC Style Sea Urchin
http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=33810.0
So, working on the community project at the moment and I was wondering what you guys think about this:

It's the Sea Urchin from LA, now in MC style sorta. Let me know what you guys think, I made two different versions, each with three different colors. I personally like the left middle one.

3D Model of the Week
Moldorma's Low-Poly Mario
http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=33960.0

I whipped up this bad boy over the last two days. Whaddya think?

Big Question

Last week's question: If the Easter Bunny and Link's darkworld rabbit form from A Link to the Past got in a fight, who would win?
Summary of answers: The Easter Bunny for various reasons.

This week's question: What is one imaginative item you wished was in the Zelda series?

Author of this week's issue: Xiphirx
  • For The Swarm

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
Re: ZFGC Weekly
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 02:14:27 am »
  • Silly cat!
Something like the Hyoi Pear from Wind Waker, except you can actually use it to take control of enemies.

Hoffy.
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 02:53:02 am »
A magical sewing needle and thread. You could stitch things together and make some odd combinations. XD
  • Pyxosoft
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 04:32:43 am »
  • Super Hero Time!
Trains.

Oh wait.
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.
ZFGC Weekly
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2009, 09:44:02 am »
Not imaginative, but, some armor would be nice instead of tunics u_u
  • Super Fan Gamers!

Xiphirx

wat
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2009, 02:09:13 am »
  • Xiphirx
Not imaginative, but, some armor would be nice instead of tunics u_u

lol magical armor in WW. That was pretty much fail.
  • For The Swarm
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2009, 02:42:41 am »
  • 虫めづる姫君
The Magic Armour was basically Nayru's Love or the Cane of Byrna, only it looked cooler.  I don't see whats so lolfail about it.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 02:45:14 am by Shefali »

Xiphirx

wat
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2009, 02:46:11 am »
  • Xiphirx
The Magic Armour was basically Nayru's Love or the Cane of Byrna, only it looked cooler.  I don't see whats so lolfail about it.

Well it is a waste of magic :/ the armor isn't even that great. Nayru's love on the other hand is useful even if it is a magic swallowing fiend D:
  • For The Swarm

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2009, 02:58:32 am »
  • Silly cat!
Bring back Din's Fire.

I never used the other ones anyway.

Hoffy.
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2009, 07:14:00 am »
Some kind of shuriken (see image) instead of (or as an upgrade) for the boomerang. It doesn't only stun, but it damages enemies as well.

But for the arrows department I've always liked a wind and earth arrow next to the fire, ice and light arrows.

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2009, 06:09:46 pm »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
I personally would like for Link to use some weapon other that swords, like axes or whatnot...

But as for a unique item, I'd say something like "Quick Step" ability (like a charm, or even boots), which would be comparable to the Pegasus Boots, but, instead of letting Link run quite fast over long distances, he can use this for a quick burst of speed in any direction. Great for crossing short gaps very quickly without having to spend more time jumping over them, for instance, or to use in combination with stab attacks.
I was talking to my friend last night, and he was mentioning about how in 1980, he thought the internet would become this amazing place where people from across the world would share ideas. I was telling him about how this project [KOT] has worked, lurching along for years and drawn by different people from across the globe, and he thought it was beautiful. And he was right, it's awesome. :D

Zelda Items Spritesheet album (OUT OF DATE) - (link here)
A Link Across Time project - (link here)
Boss Keys project (Metroid) - (link here)
Boss Keys project (Zelda) - (link here)
Boss Keys project Trello Board - (link here)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 58 queries.

anything