Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My Criticisms Of Everything.  (Read 997 times)

My Criticisms Of Everything.
« on: September 07, 2007, 06:05:49 am »
  • SHOOP DA WOOP
This guy basically expresses my feelings perfectly. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE BIOSHOCK. But you've got to admit, it's got major flaws, namely the ones that guy says in the video.That doesn't mean I can't like the game.

Since the video was taken off of youtube, here's a link to the original source.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/zeropunctuation

I personally just like to have a balanced view of things, not just blind praise. More often than not, the negative things I say about games come from past experience, either experience with the game series, or the game company's current trends (Nintendo making "casual" games). I can't love a Zelda game because it has "Zelda" in the title, I can't love Metroid just because it has "Metroid" in the title, I can't love Halo games... I just can't like Halo at all.

I'm also a stickler for controls, but I just try to find the most comfortable or logical control scheme for the game. Which Nintendo seems to ignore over being more "casual".
« Last Edit: September 07, 2007, 06:34:53 pm by Mandrag »

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
Re: My Criticisms Of Everything.
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 06:36:39 am »
  • Silly cat!
That's fair enough. A game can't be flawless, it's practically impossible. Just so long as the developers try to make it flawless.

On your last comment, I don't think Nintendo are going to ignore comfortable control schemes so the game can have more of a casual appeal. It would be illogical of Nintendo to do such a thing... if comfortability doesn't come first, especially in Nintendo's case, then the developer is screwed majorly. If you're referring to the creation of the Wii remote to appeal to casual gamers, I think that you're wrong in the sense that the motion sensing in the Wii remote can be done successfully and with a very high level of comfort. Maybe not as high as the precision of a mouse, but high enough.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2007, 06:38:57 am by Hoffy »

Hoffy.
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 07:07:54 am »
  • Captain Banana
I have read some MP3 reviews where they prefer the Wii-mote over the mouse. That surely says something about the precision and comfortability of the Wii-mote.

(Nintendo making "casual" games)
Define "casual" game, please. I wouldn't call MP3, BWII, Super Mario Galaxy or TP casual games. At least not in my understanding on casual. It is true that Nintendo also makes "casual" games, like Nintendogs, Brain Trainer and all that crap.
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2007, 09:42:22 am »
That BioShock video made me laugh so hard, mostly because it's true. I still love it to hell.
the a o d c
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2007, 04:00:29 pm »
"Video no longer avaliable due to a third party copyright claim"

God dammit. What did it have on it that infringed copyrighted material?

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2007, 06:57:28 pm »
  • SHOOP DA WOOP
I have read some MP3 reviews where they prefer the Wii-mote over the mouse. That surely says something about the precision and comfortability of the Wii-mote.
That doesn't say anything. I've used the mouse and I've played MP3 with the Wiimote, the only important difference is turning speed. Also this is off topic, I like the wiimote but not the button mapping.

(Nintendo making "casual" games)
Define "casual" game, please. I wouldn't call MP3, BWII, Super Mario Galaxy or TP casual games. At least not in my understanding on casual. It is true that Nintendo also makes "casual" games, like Nintendogs, Brain Trainer and all that !@#$%.
Simple play techniques, a very low degree of strategy, making them easy to learn and play. They require no commitment, experience or skills to play, and have low production costs.

I'm not saying that MP3, BWII?, Super Mario Galaxy and TP casual games, I'm saying they've been dumbed down, Miyamoto even said that Mario Galaxy would be easier then the previous Mario games.
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2007, 08:36:12 pm »
  • :D
I definitely agree about the respawn-chambers... The death system was horrible.  But if weren't for that, I definitely wouldn't say the game was easy... Has this guy tried it on hard mode?  .  I also agree about the choices/endings.  I still feel like this guy is nitpicking for the sake of nitpicking though; Most of the problems he listed were extremely common problems these days.  But then again, he did say that he loved the game, he just though it was over hyped, so meh.

I loved it, but yes, it does have its flaws. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 50 queries.